#61 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:30 AM

.... i swear....

I spoke too soon guys.... discovered wasp #8 this morning (right after i woke up no less and by my bed). It wasn't acting right though... so yay for electric bug things?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#62 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:15 AM

Or maybe you got a wasp with celiac :) :o
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#63 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:22 AM

nah, it acted like it was somewhat drunk.

#64 kareng

kareng

Yum!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,810 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:45 AM

.... i swear....

I spoke too soon guys.... discovered wasp #8 this morning (right after i woke up no less and by my bed). It wasn't acting right though... so yay for electric bug things?

Maybe maintenance sprayed while you were gone?

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

LTES

Someone told me I was delusional.  I almost fell off my unicorn.

fantasy-unicorn-15.gif

#65 tom

tom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:35 AM

Or maybe you got a wasp with celiac :) :o

nah, it acted like it was somewhat drunk.

It's like a mini cross-species celiac quiz! :wacko:

And the answer is .. ... ..[hey what's a King gotta do to get a drumroll around here??????] [Not to be confused w/ a durum roll]
. . . ....Ataxia!

I might be inclined to appoint a Royal Commission . .. . .hmmm .. .the Wasp Ataxia Special Project . .. .yeah, I did it.
Is it the poison or the zapper or a uniquely ratioed combo?
Is the ataxia wasp in throes of death or a superwasp survivor, stumblecrawling away to find a supermate, rendering future EMF attacks innocuous? Yours may be the wasp world's Cornelius in Planet of the Wasps . .. ..
Gotta launch these things early in an administration. Not sure when lame duck/drunk wasp status begins.

******PROCLAMATION THREE******

GO
BEARS!!

And just how lame IS a duck if it's just his foot? Am I missing a wing-only connotation?
>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Celiac 1st diagnosed as a toddler, in the 60s. Docs then, between bloodletting & leech-tending, said "he'll grow out of it" & I was back on gluten & mostly fine for 30yrs.

Gluten-free since 12-03
Dairy-free since 10-04
Soy-free since 5-07

#66 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:51 AM

And just how lame IS a duck if it's just his foot? Am I missing a wing-only connotation?

Yes. Clearly a lame duck has either a left- or right-wing injury.
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#67 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:00 AM

Maybe maintenance sprayed while you were gone?

sure smelt like it when i walked in after being gone for a few days (only to spay a gnat and a lady bug flying around).

#68 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:39 PM

Shrooomie, are you really a cool, hip, nineteen-year old New Zealand hottie?

My gawd, I am so cool and hip and hot I am afraid to post a pic as my av due to the reactions it may engender. And I am espoused to a super sugar daddy which allows me to spend my days on idle frivolities (and keeping my trophy-wife bod in shape :P (my night-times are of course committed). Think Hugh Hefner and a cool hip playboy bunny (Ewwwww :unsure: ); think.....

:huh:

I am having a hard time coming up with another example; Silvio Berlusconi (no, the sod's a carouser) Jacques Chirac (nah, they're both too corrupt) -- well, anyway...... I is kept (for the moment).

Yes. Clearly a lame duck has either a left- or right-wing injury.

A lame duck can be a very precarious state, whether on the left or the right :rolleyes:
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#69 curlyfries

curlyfries

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:56 PM

Whew!!!!!! I found me psillies!!!!!!! Is everybody present and accounted for?????

sure smelt like it when i walked in after being gone for a few days (only to spay a gnat and a lady bug flying around).

:huh:

Wellllll...........I suppose that's one way to reduce the population. Is that done with a microscope?

:P
~~Lisa~~

"The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it."--Moliere

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be."--Douglas Adams

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!--Amanda

gluten-free since 1/08
Posted Image

#70 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:36 PM

can you tell i'm tired :lol:

At any rate, i did something stupid... i left some water on to boil as a makeshift humidifyer right? It was fine when i last checked on it (like 20mins ago) right? then i start to hear this pop pop sound. I get up and the enamal (which was already weak to begin with) poping off all over the place. Luckily, my pot of soup in front of it had a massive lid on it completely sealing it from the poping enamil going into it. Lucky lucky, i would have had to toss it out otherwise (the lid is about a half an inch bigger than the pot is so it goes over a bit on all sides and it also lips upward, normally this lid is used in a fry pan).

The pot was already ruined by the dishwasher (took the main layer off, leaving a rough texture). So no big loss there (i should still be able to use it as a water pan though, its cast iorn underneath kinda looks like the pot in this http://www.bedbathan...0568744&RN=816 (actually my bigger one is exactly like that :lol: )).

soooo glad for the lid on the soup, else i'd be without dinner right now (of course i took the lid off after i fixed the other pots issues just to check :blink: ).

Lesson learned.

#71 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:55 PM

I got a little humidifier at CVS for travelling, it's a sound-wave humidifier, no filtration,
you just tip a bottle of water into it and turn it on. It has a little adapter thingy for the
bottles of water. I think it's fantastic. Plus, no boiling! :P
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

#72 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,062 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:57 PM

Mygawd..... .. . .popping enamel, ataxia wasps, durum rolls, Jacques Chirac and hobbling ducks... . ... ..just another page in the New Psilly Annals....

:rolleyes:

Well, looks like the Toronto Argonauts are gonna annihilate the Calgary Stampeders in the Canadian Grey Cup game.....

Isn't that fascinating? :rolleyes:
Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

#73 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,971 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:01 PM

And in the immortal closing wurdz of Leesur (GottaSki) in the Funny pages thread that was laid to rest:

"No hangover here"

Such an inspiration! Quite a goal for us all to strive for Lessur! Yes, we now have a new standard of eggzallence to stumble towardz, or crawl towardz in some cases, for this holiday season. :)

OK, for those so encumbered by the seeking of konwledge on the post card eggschange proejct, I started a thread for it here:

http://www.celiac.co...-card-exchange/

Not my choice of parting words for the best thread ever -- and no promises of lack of holiday hangy-overs here.

Hey Peter -- you there? It seems we need another edit...we need a link to this thread at the end of the ORIGINAL Silly Pages.

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#74 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:01 PM

I got a little humidifier at CVS for travelling, it's a sound-wave humidifier, no filtration,
you just tip a bottle of water into it and turn it on. It has a little adapter thingy for the
bottles of water. I think it's fantastic. Plus, no boiling! :P

Personally, I do not like those. They leave a film on everything in the room. I do not know what that film is, but I sure rather not breath it in. I much perfer cool mist, even if you have to keep up with the wicking filter.

- Vincent -

#75 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:03 PM

Personally, I do not like those. They leave a film on everything in the room. I do not know what that film is, but I sure rather not breath it in. I much perfer cool mist, even if you have to keep up with the wicking filter.

It does give a cool mist, and I know the film of which you speak- this one has not
done that. I am, however, giving it filtered water. So, I dunno.
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: