2217 replies to this topic

#751 Loey

Loey

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:16 PM

Still crossing everything that you and Mark will make it to the party. I'll be the one who's overdressed. It's a casual party but I am the hostess. :D :D

Love you!
Loey

P.S. I'm disappointed that Vince is in Cranbury (next to Plainsboro) this weekend and can't make the party. If I still lived in Plainsboro I'd be in the congregation beaming at our very multi-talented fella! I only wish I could have made it. :(

I did not mean to post this twice. OOPS!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#752 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:19 PM

Yeah!

Well, no miracle chickie resurection, but Re-peep hatched and seems fine. I'll listen to the last egg today, and if it's not peeping, out it goes. That way Dovey can get up and follow the kid around if she decides to leave the nest.

Will continue to say prayers. I think Re-peep is pretty miraculous!

Love,
Loey

#753 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:23 PM

Want to hear something funy? Come hear me attempt to preach to day! LOL I better at least go take a shower first. :)

I would have been there in a minute if I still lived in Plainsboro. You've all been in my thoughts and prayers. Would love to see your sermon if you want to IM or email me. Kristi and Timothy must be so proud of you and so are all us of psillies!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs,
Loey

#754 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

I was thinking that, too!

I need some serious help! I can't stop eating peanut brittle! Posted Image

I can't stop eating period! Superman says if it's not nailed down it finds it's way into my stomach. At least it's gluten-free and Celiac is back on track. Enjoy that peanut brittle, dear friend!

Love,
Loey

#755 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,756 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:06 AM

two moles removed and 9 stiches later in my back....

#756 kareng

kareng

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,696 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:19 AM

Good to get that taken care of.

Did you get a crockpot for Xmas?

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

LTES

Someone told me I was delusional.  I almost fell off my unicorn.

fantasy-unicorn-15.gif

#757 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:39 AM

I had a mole done last year. Hope it heals nice and quickly.

Happy New Year to all you lovely psillies :)
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#758 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:41 AM

I've got one I've been trying to get rid of for some time now :o - some darned thing or other keeps preventing it :ph34r:
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#759 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,090 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:47 AM

Sorry about the cikvebs Jestgar.

OK, since Jest brought up resurrections stories, got to throw a couple real ones in. Too late for Vinchants sermon though, sorry.

Ok, so many years ago, on a ground far away, I had cabin on a rise in a ravine between two steep hills. Wild white trilliums bloomed in the yard in the spring. I may have seen a Rocky Mountain Combine once too. And some May apples liked the quiet of the dark woods as well. There was a little rocky stream that flowed past the cabin on the left side. Large rock cliffs lined the stream and grape vines hung from the walnut trees in the woods. Place was called Bear Wallow Hollow. But man moved in and drilled a well.

One day I left the cabin via the front door to check on the well drilling. I stepped down and felt a squish just as I saw a huge brown caterpillar under my descending right boot. This guy was five inches long or more and as big around as a super-sized Cuban cigar. I didn't smash his head but his body was kind of paper-thin. A big squish of green goo came out his back end on the step. I figured he was a goner for sure.

The feller drilling the well was done and got in his truck to leave. He backed up and stopped his rear wheel on a little furry kitten that as all of 6 inches long. I yelled at him to stop and he did, right on top the kitten. There was just a little head and two tiny front legs sticking out out from under the rear tire. He pulled forward and stopped. The kitten was particularly flat. We both stared at it for a little bit and figured it was a goner. But danged if it didn't get up and start wobbling around the grass. Falling over several times but walking. After a few minutes it acted like nothing had happened!

When I got back to the cabin the caterpillar was gone. It had crawled off the step and made a hasty retreat. I don't know how it survived a 200 lb man's boot stepping on it and squishing out it's innards but it did. I figure it was mostly half digested leaves and such that came out.

Well, that's all I got.

Wolfie, get better soon. Take it easy on your stiches!

Jestgur, can find away to stretch your back, maybe hanging from a door frame or something? If you hang from a door frame and wiggle a bit gravity will help stretch out the discs in your back and that can help things get back in alignment.

Looey, good to hear you are doing better and back gluten-free. Have a great time at your outing! :)

and Happy New Year to everyone! :D
Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

#760 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,756 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:38 PM

I've had it done before, so its no big deal :) Stiches are itchy :blink:

Nah, no crockpot. I did get some new cooking utencils that were more heat resistant.

#761 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,938 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:12 PM

Great story, Gee Eff--glad those critters had a happy ending :D

Had a mole removed once but they cauterized it--no stitches. Had 3 ugly looking "moles" on me forehead that were actually some other harmless (but ugly) growth--the derm froze those off :unsure: . Good to get those things taken care of ;)

Well, Happy New Year all :) We are going to friends' house later to ring in the new year--bringing my homemade cheesecake w/pecan shortbread crust and chocolate ganach topping. B)
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#762 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:21 PM

Hahaha, I read that as 'homemade cheesecake weapon' and thought, how appropriate.
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

#763 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,938 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:23 PM

Hahaha, I read that as 'homemade cheesecake weapon' and thought, how appropriate.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#764 kareng

kareng

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,696 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:41 PM

:)

Trying to re- organize. - no...that implies they were organized before. Trying to organize my recipes. Can't find anything! So ....does Tex Mex lasagna go in " pasta" or " Mexican style" section?

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

LTES

Someone told me I was delusional.  I almost fell off my unicorn.

fantasy-unicorn-15.gif

#765 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:55 PM

Sending you lots of positive energy and gentle healing hugs!

Love,
Loey

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: