#766 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:56 PM

:)

Trying to re- organize. - no...that implies they were organized before. Trying to organize my recipes. Can't find anything! So ....does Tex Mex lasagna go in " pasta" or " Mexican style" section?

Belongs in "fusion" :rolleyes:
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#767 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,938 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:56 PM

So ....does Tex Mex lasagna go in " pasta" or " Mexican style" section?

:huh: :mellow: Good question! :lol: Italian? :P
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#768 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,061 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:59 PM

LOVED the squished kitten and catterpillar tales, Geee-Eff...! The will to live, the will to live..... :) .. . . .

Jestgur, can find away to stretch your back, maybe hanging from a door frame or something? If you hang from a door frame and wiggle a bit gravity will help stretch out the discs in your back and that can help things get back in alignment.

This, whilst being excellent advice, somehow strikes me at the same time as being SOOO funny..... :lol: Just picturing Jyesss vaulting up, hooking her legs around the top of a door frame, gracefully hanging downward...... :lol:

...Something I may try this evening......"tis New Years eve, after all......
Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

#769 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:03 PM

Trying to re- organize. - no...that implies they were organized before. Trying to organize my recipes. Can't find anything! So ....does Tex Mex lasagna go in " pasta" or " Mexican style" section?

The wanna be librarian in me says Mexican with a cross reference to pasta.

Love,
Loey

#770 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,938 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:04 PM

...Something I may try this evening......"tis New Years eve, after all......

Make sure Will gets a pic!! :D

The hanging in the doorway reminds me of an old Andy Griffith show where Barney was deemed too short for his job (new rules) so they tried stretching him by putting his head in a harness and hanging him in a doorway. Hee!
Patti

#771 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,938 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:04 PM

Love,
Loey

Ever the smart, sensible one :wub:
Patti

#772 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:07 PM

Make sure Will gets a pic!! :D

The hanging in the doorway reminds me of an old Andy Griffith show where Barney was deemed too short for his job (new rules) so they tried stretching him by putting his head in a harness and hanging him in a doorway. Hee!

Novel therapy seen this summer: hubs in harness (no, psillies, this is not something kinky :P ) with the physical therapist hanging on the straps trying to rein him in. Like a draught horse pulling a (small) cart loaded with rocks. Now he's in massage therapy for his neck and shoulders :lol:
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#773 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,938 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:14 PM

Now he's in massage therapy for his neck and shoulders :lol:

Don't doubt that!! :o
Patti

#774 kareng

kareng

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,680 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:16 PM

Love,
Loey

M decided it should be in pasta with other lasagnas. I thought about making copies and putting recipes in more than one place but ......too much work. I got some cute binders and the only recipes in these will be the ones I know we like. A pocket page in each section for recipes I want to try but haven't earned the right to be in the book.

I had a friend that defrosted a kitten. A feral cat had 2 kittens somehow on top of the wood pile - in a window box over it or something. the kittens fell down into the wood pile and got stuck. My friend came home and realized something had happened. She dug them out and one was frozen & dead. She brought them in and warmed them up and the dead one came back to life. She was always a bit uncoordinated and odd but a nice house cat.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

LTES

Someone told me I was delusional.  I almost fell off my unicorn.

fantasy-unicorn-15.gif

#775 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,938 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:25 PM

M decided it should be in pasta with other lasagnas.

Ok, when you put it in that context it makes perfect sense. :rolleyes:
Patti

#776 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,753 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:04 PM

:) thanks

Though i did do a stupid. Totally forgot to remmber about my latex allergy :( its not in my records and i haven't had an issue with it since i was younger (not an issue with the gallbladder because the surgery area was already latex free). So yeah, a couple of hours later, my back was itchin' good. Had to remove the latex-y ones and replace them with the non-latex-y ones. Good thing i decided not to wait the full 48 hours before removing them :blink:

I did, however, remember my issues with neosporin and made sure i got the right antibiotic.

#777 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:38 PM

M decided it should be in pasta with other lasagnas. I thought about making copies and putting recipes in more than one place but ......too much work. I got some cute binders and the only recipes in these will be the ones I know we like. A pocket page in each section for recipes I want to try but haven't earned the right to be in the book.

I had a friend that defrosted a kitten. A feral cat had 2 kittens somehow on top of the wood pile - in a window box over it or something. the kittens fell down into the wood pile and got stuck. My friend came home and realized something had happened. She dug them out and one was frozen & dead. She brought them in and warmed them up and the dead one came back to life. She was always a bit uncoordinated and odd but a nice house cat.

You could get the colored foil stars and if you put the dish in Mexican food designate a color star for pasta (use the other colors for your other food groups like rice, etc) then there's no need to duplicate the recipe (though the binders sound adorable and you are worthy).

I tempted the Celiac God/dess and (shame on me) had a falafel yesterday. Bad Loey!!! I KNOW it has wheat in it and it came from a fast food place called Pockets so I also know it was cross contaminated. Don't have the runs (though I'm running to the bathroom frequently) but the roids are out in full force and now I have to get dressed for the NYE party. Now I have to decide if I should wear depends under my pretty new (p)leather leggings. When will I learn that cheating death does not make me invincible?!

I hope you all have a wonderful NYE be it spent quietly or at a party. Drive safe - remember all the other fools on the road. Our party is just up the hill but Superman (Rob, my DH to anyone new to the forum or our thread) will drive me there. Not as physical as I want to be (exercise wise ;) ;) ) and we had our first significant icy snow so we'll drive.

BTW, I do hope to make it to either DC or Leesburg this summer if the $ holds out. It's scary without Rob having an income but we have enough for at least a year and he's pretty savvy with the stock market (after a very hard lesson 20 years ago with margin calls). If/when we get down there I want to meet my psillies from the area. G-eff we talked about it in the past before I got even sicker and I'm hoping Vince isn't far from there. I REALLY want to meet all my dear psillies. Again, Gluten Free section reserved for the party on the 19th in Jersey and the extended forecast doesn't predict snow until that Sunday (party is on Saturday). I don't need to know in advance as it's a buffet.

OK, Superman is getting ready for the party and I'm still in my robe.

Much Love,
Loey

#778 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:03 PM

two moles removed and 9 stiches later in my back....

More gentle hugs to you. I'm allergic to most band-aids and adhesives. I was not a pretty sight at the hospital when all the tape, etc came off (plus I had Shrek hands due to retaining fluid).

I SO wish Rob hadn't sent Tony a pic of me on life support. Talk about trying to get his attention (during finals). Oh, if I had it to do over again I wouldn't have coddled him (I swear Kareng- it's continuing to bite me in my sizable arse). He gets back from Israel on Thursday and I've been given the go ahead to go to JFK as long as we stop every hour for me to stretch and I wear my back support.

OK, the NYE party has started and we're going to head out in a few minutes. Hopefully the Ambrosia came out well. It's become my signature dish in the neighborhood for parties. Easy to make as well.

More love,
Loey :wub: :wub: :wub:

#779 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:07 PM

Finally home after much driving! We bailed out of PA a day early because tomorrow looks pretty bad weather wise. Time to make a mocha and curl up some place... err I mean time to chase my son and try to get him in bed! LOL

- Vincent -

#780 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:07 PM

HAPPY (a few hours early on the East Coast) NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOVE,
LOEY

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: