2225 replies to this topic

#781 VydorScope

VydorScope

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:07 PM

HAPPY (a few hours early on the east coast) NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOVE,
LOEY

Happy New year. :)

- Vincent -

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#782 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:09 PM

Well, dunno if Re-peep is gonna make it. Dovey is a terrible mom. Got the wee one out of the nest waay too early. Leaves her alone to run for treats. Knocks her away while scratching, and I came home from dog-sitting, right at dusk, to fin Re-peep alone in the pen, cold, bloody, abandoned. Of course as soon as I went in the pen all the big girls came barrelling out of the coop -- on top of Re-peep. I grabbed her as quick as I could and wrapped her in my hands to warm up. Not sure if she's missing an eye, or just got pecked near it, too much blood to tell.

Decided the warmest spot is under her mom, and she should be pretty quiet over night. Had to wait a long time to get them back in the coop, and when I put Re-peep in under mom she scratched her out and pecked at her. Finally got her settled and the chick underneath her, but she could be squashing her for all I know.

Going out in the pirate's boat tonight to sit in the Sound and watch the fireworks from the Space Needle. I guess when we get back tomorrow I'll see if the peeper is alive, and decide if I need to raise her inside. It wouldn't be any fun for her for a number of reasons so I'm hoping she survives the first week until she's a little bit more able to defend herself.
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#783 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:09 PM

Finally home after much driving! We bailed out of PA a day early because tomorrow looks pretty bad weather wise. Time to make a mocha and curl up some place... err I mean time to chase my son and try to get him in bed! LOL

Glad you got home safely. My thoughts have been with you and your family. Isn't Cranbury lovely? I still would love to read your sermon.

Happy New Year to you and the family,
Love,
Loey

#784 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:11 PM

Well, dunno if Re-peep is gonna make it. Dovey is a terrible mom. Got the wee one out of the nest waay too early. Leaves her alone to run for treats. Knocks her away while scratching, and I came home from dog-sitting, right at dusk, to fin Re-peep alone in the pen, cold, bloody, abandoned. Of course as soon as I went in the pen all the big girls came barrelling out of the coop -- on top of Re-peep. I grabbed her as quick as I could and wrapped her in my hands to warm up. Not sure if she's missing an eye, or just got pecked near it, too much blood to tell.

Decided the warmest spot is under her mom, and she should be pretty quiet over night. Had to wait a long time to get them back in the coop, and when I put Re-peep in under mom she scratched her out and pecked at her. Finally got her settled and the chick underneath her, but she could be squashing her for all I know.

Going out in the pirate's boat tonight to sit in the Sound and watch the fireworks from the Space Needle. I guess when we get back tomorrow I'll see if the peeper is alive, and decide if I need to raise her inside. It wouldn't be any fun for her for a number of reasons so I'm hoping she survives the first week until she's a little bit more able to defend herself.

Extra prayers for Re-peep and if anyone can raise the dead my bets are on you!!!!

Love,
Loey

P.S. Now I'm really going to the NYE party. My very handsome DH wants to get going.

#785 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,938 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:19 PM

Poor little re-peep:(. Let us know how she did overnight.

Gotta get ready to go-- have a good time tonight everyone :). See ya'll next year;)
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#786 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

Glad you got home safely. My thoughts have been with you and your family. Isn't Cranbury lovely? I still would love to read your sermon.

Happy New Year to you and the family,
Love,
Loey

It was recorded, but there was some tech difficulties so I do not yet know if they were able to salvage it or not. I was hoping to use it for my resume too... :(

- Vincent -

#787 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:33 PM

Extra prayers for Re-peep and if anyone can raise the dead my bets are on you!!!!

Love,
Loey

P.S. Now I'm really going to the NYE party. My very handsome DH wants to get going.

Extra prayers for Re-peep. She'll be the 1st New Year's miracle :) :)

Love,
Loey

#788 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:28 AM

Ah geeze -_- Sorry about the bebehs. And rest that back!!! (I also vote chiro... know some peeps don't like 'em but mine got me walking again after a slipped disk broke me, so I'm partial ;) )

I'm in agreement about chiro. Just started seeing one last week in my PCP's office. After 2 adjustments I felt amazing. Of course I undid it all at the party by sitting on a soft, sinking sofa most of the night. Can't sleep so I'm heading down to ice it. can't wait until Wednesday when I see her again. She also uses a tens machine with moist heat on top of it. I swear she's a miracle worker.

Love,
Loey

#789 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:28 AM

P
PINCH, PUNCH!!!!!

FIRST DAY OF THE

MONTH YEAR!!!!!

(AND NO RETURNS, SO THERE)

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL PSILLIES!!!
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#790 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,938 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:58 AM

A mighty fancy punch/punch! Dow'd you do dat, Shroom?

Patti

#791 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,006 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:39 AM

Happy New Year, everyone.
Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#792 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:41 AM

A happy, sleepy New Year to all!

Re-peep is still with us, and her mom was sitting on her early this morning. I'll bring her out some warm sugar water in a bit.

Fireworks from the boat were fun, and really really cold. Fortunately we had warm kitties to come home to.
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#793 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,938 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:54 AM

Good news Jess:)

Happy New Year Sills! Should get moving.... Still in bed.....to say I tied one on last night is an understatement.
Patti

#794 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,062 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:12 AM

Posted Image

************HAPPY, HAPPY NEW YEAR'S, PSILLIES!!*********************

Re-peep is still with us, and her mom was sitting on her early this morning.

YAY! :) :) Indeed, our New Year's miracle!

... Still in bed.....to say I tied one on last night is an understatement.

HEY! Patteigh partied profusely!! You tied not just one on, but many... . . .... :P
Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

#795 curlyfries

curlyfries

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:21 AM

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

It's been a rough year.( Brian being on disability 3 separate times. Really hurts the pocketbook) So glad the holidays are over.( I am a bit of a Scrooge, I'm afraid. Could really do without all the stress) Now if I can just get through the winter (Absolutely HATE cold and snow!)But......looking forward to what the new year will bring. Very optimistic that it will be an awesome year!

Best wishes to all. Healing thoughts to all ailing psillies....including feathery ones.♥

~~Lisa~~

"The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it."--Moliere

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be."--Douglas Adams

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!--Amanda

gluten-free since 1/08
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: