#811 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:23 PM

I... dispise latex allergies :angry:

On another note, I hope i haven't been CC'd. :blink: Several hours since possible cc and only mild cramping that has stopped? I'm not overly sensative by the way.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#812 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:11 PM

Just an update, the red "hive" lines (still an outline of the latex bandaid) are still there, but its slowly going away.

#813 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:45 AM

Shadow, glad things are improving. When I has mine done it was on my face and I had to leave it on 5 days without peeking. Even without a latex allergy I wanted to scratch my face of by then. Then I had to cover it another week. Arrggh. Much sympathy :)
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#814 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:37 AM

I try not to overly dwell on this, or overburden you guys with it, but thought that almost two years on you might be interested in the state of our city.

http://www.stuff.co....-outsiders-eyes
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#815 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:48 AM

No apologies needed, people need to know this stuff, it is too easy to forget.

It sounds like some good progress being made, and that fighting human spirit is coming through.

Thanks for sharing x
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#816 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,062 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:15 AM

Shrooomie, thanks for sharing this great, inspiring article. I've forwarded it on to Jack, who is fascinated with NZ and wants to live there when he's grown. .. ..he spoke incessantly about your devastating quake, followed all the updates.....he will enjoy this article. In four or five years you can watch out for a tall, gangly guy sporting a big traveller's backpack wandering about your city, taking in all the sights.....that'll be him. :)
Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

#817 kareng

kareng

Yum!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,808 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:18 AM

Shrooomie, thanks for sharing this great, inspiring article. I've forwarded it on to Jack, who is fascinated with NZ and wants to live there when he's grown. .. ..he spoke incessantly about your devastating quake, followed all the updates.....he will enjoy this article. In four or five years you can watch out for a tall, gangly guy sporting a big traveller's backpack wandering about your city, taking in all the sights.....that'll be him. :)

Lets all send our high school/ college aged boys to visit Shroomie!

Just putting this one on because its cute:
Posted Image

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

LTES

Someone told me I was delusional.  I almost fell off my unicorn.

fantasy-unicorn-15.gif

#818 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,938 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:37 AM

I try not to overly dwell on this, or overburden you guys with it, but thought that almost two years on you might be interested in the state of our city.

http://www.stuff.co....-outsiders-eyes

Thanks for the update, Shroom--I am most interested in the progress, and appreciate getting the "real scoop" from you :)
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#819 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,938 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:37 AM

Just putting this one on because its cute:
Posted Image

Festive!!
Patti

#820 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,108 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:38 AM

Thanks for the neat article Shroomie. It sounds like CC is getting pretty creative with the rebound effort. Art projects and shipping container malls. Really sounds kind of fun. So now we know wher you hang ot on Friday nights, the Smash Palace?

"Smash Palace, selling boutique beers, is a mobile pub made from two buses, scaffolding and a shipping container."
Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

#821 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,938 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:40 AM

"Smash Palace, selling boutique beers, is a mobile pub made from two buses, scaffolding and a shipping container."

I know--really, how cool is that??? Maybe a gluten-free beer fer Shroomie and the hub? B)
Patti

#822 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:09 AM

Shadow, glad things are improving. When I has mine done it was on my face and I had to leave it on 5 days without peeking. Even without a latex allergy I wanted to scratch my face of by then. Then I had to cover it another week. Arrggh. Much sympathy :)

Luckily, the incision sites are fine (and look good for that matter), i just have these lovely red rings where the bandaids were around them. I have no choice but to leave it to the air. My doctor said it was fine to remove the bandaid after two days :blink:

#823 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:54 PM

Thanks for the update Shroomie. I was just thinking about NZ and wondering how folks there wuz doing.

Re-peep is still peeping. She's so tiny, and it's so cold that she spends a lot of time yelling at her mom to SIT DOWN ALREADY.

I took a little extra time this morning to make sure she had food and drink and she didn't scarf down like crazy, so I'm assume she's getting enough during the day.

I guess we'll just wait and see. Temps should warm up a little in the next couple days. Maybe that'll help.
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#824 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:09 PM

Poor wee Re-peep. What a rough way to start a life. I'm pulling for her!! SIT DOWN already, mom!
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#825 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,938 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:16 PM

Wondered about Re-peep. Sounds like quite the little fighter, now if we can just get mama to stay put!
Patti

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: