The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Sequel

• Please log in to reply

2225 replies to this topic

#76 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,070 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:21 PM

Hey Peter -- you there? It seems we need another edit...we need a link to this thread at the end of the ORIGINAL Silly Pages.

Here is what I hope will really be the last post over there. Scott has applied a fix for long topics, but I don't want to push our luck. This is the third time that I have tinkered with it since Scott closed it. Fingers crossed. :o
Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#77 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:40 PM

i was going to bring a humidifyer, but i forgot.... bahumbug....

I ate my soup... cooked it for about 3.5 hours this time and the meat was... still kinda chewy.... I give up <_< I also have a belly ache... but i blame it on my sickness....

I want cold weather, this 60s buisness in late november is not good for my area.... we should have collected snow by now.... and killed off all of the wasps....

I'm nearly done on my paper, yay! 7 out of 8 pages done....

#78 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:40 PM

Here is what I hope will really be the last post over there. Scott has applied a fix for long topics, but I don't want to push our luck. This is the third time that I have tinkered with it since Scott closed it. Fingers crossed. :o

Powerful magic there - many thanks :)

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#79 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:57 PM

Welp, only one baby. I think the other eggs are toast as she is taking the wee fuzzball out for long walks around the pen and the other eggs are cold. The best hatch I got was by locking her in the cage with her own food and water, so I suppose I may do that if I ever really want more demanding balls of fluff.

Had a fab Tgiving. Mom's gluten-free, dairy free, egg free pumpkin pie, bro's amazing gluten-free, df, ef rolls, and my amazing gluten-free,df,ef stuffing.
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#80 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,312 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:11 PM

Welp, only one baby. I think the other eggs are toast as she is taking the wee fuzzball out for long walks around the pen and the other eggs are cold. The best hatch I got was by locking her in the cage with her own food and water, so I suppose I may do that if I ever really want more demanding balls of fluff.

Had a fab Tgiving. Mom's gluten-free, dairy free, egg free pumpkin pie, bro's amazing gluten-free, df, ef rolls, and my amazing gluten-free,df,ef stuffing.

Making your ham and bean crockpot soup tomorrow. Using smoked dark meat turkey instead of ham. Yum! M, Hub & I love it!

How did Mom make pumpkin pie egg & dairy free? My SIL would love that!

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#81 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:12 PM

Alright guys, this is the weirdest cold thing i've ever had i think. No coughing, clogged head, runny nose, mild fever, and somewhat achey.... I've had it for 4 days so far and its... grrr... at least its not messing with my balance. Lots of steamy showers, water, honey, and next to no sleep (downside of being a college student).

I hope it doesn't turn into something serious (like chicken pox.... pnemonia..... something).... the last three weeks of a semester are... a figurative.... h*** in a sense... with finals, massive papers, etc.

Though i got a paper back from one of my history courses (upper level) and got a B+ on it (made me happy :lol: ).

#82 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:27 PM

Alright guys, this is the weirdest cold thing i've ever had i think. No coughing, clogged head, runny nose, mild fever, and somewhat achey.... I've had it for 4 days so far and its... grrr... at least its not messing with my balance. Lots of steamy showers, water, honey, and next to no sleep (downside of being a college student).

I hope it doesn't turn into something serious (like chicken pox.... pnemonia..... something).... the last three weeks of a semester are... a figurative.... h*** in a sense... with finals, massive papers, etc.

Though i got a paper back from one of my history courses (upper level) and got a B+ on it (made me happy :lol: ).

Shadow, you absolutely must stop sneezing across the pond!!! :ph34r: , You have given me this weird thing, only it's one day on, one day off, one morning on, one afternoon off, totally insane. Don't do it any more!!! ya hear??

Congrats on the B+
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#83 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:42 PM

Making your ham and bean crockpot soup tomorrow. Using smoked dark meat turkey instead of ham. Yum! M, Hub & I love it!

How did Mom make pumpkin pie egg & dairy free? My SIL would love that!

well, egg yoke free. Bro can eat egg whites

BRM piecrust recipe:

http://www.bobsredmi...il.php?rid=1126

used Nucoa (sp?) for the margarine, and almond milk for the milk
don't bake the crust

Libbey's canned pumpkin recipe:
http://www.verybestb...Pie/detail.aspx

used eggbeaters (which are basically egg whites with some stuff http://www.eggbeater...oducts/original )
used an extra 1/2 egg for two pies, so maybe 4 egg whites if you don't want to use the mix
coconut cream (thicker than coconut milk)
-----1 14 oz can coconut cream
----------about 8 ounces of almond milk (I was trying to thin it to the consistency of evaporated milk)
if you use regular coconut milk (which we have in the past) just use it straight

I also added a shot of nutmeg, because I like nutmeg
I think we ended up cooking it about 10 extra minutes. Crust got a little dark, but the middle wasn't jiggly.

Served with coconut vanilla ice cream

Nucoa may be regional (http://www.vrg.org/b...e-label-change/) but I imagine your normal butter substitute would work just as well.

Edited by Jestgar, 25 November 2012 - 09:47 PM.

"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#84 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:01 AM

Shadow, you absolutely must stop sneezing across the pond!!! :ph34r: , You have given me this weird thing, only it's one day on, one day off, one morning on, one afternoon off, totally insane. Don't do it any more!!! ya hear??

Congrats on the B+

Thats similar to what its like. I'll feel good for part of the day, then it unleashes itself. :blink: I refuse to take anything because my fever isn't very high (only 100+ is when i take something for that) and i'm not coughing up a lung. Sooooo..... :ph34r:

#85 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,312 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:23 AM

well, egg yoke free. Bro can eat egg whites

BRM piecrust recipe:

http://www.bobsredmi...il.php?rid=1126

used Nucoa (sp?) for the margarine, and almond milk for the milk
don't bake the crust

Libbey's canned pumpkin recipe:
http://www.verybestb...Pie/detail.aspx

used eggbeaters (which are basically egg whites with some stuff http://www.eggbeater...oducts/original )
used an extra 1/2 egg for two pies, so maybe 4 egg whites if you don't want to use the mix
coconut cream (thicker than coconut milk)
-----1 14 oz can coconut cream
----------about 8 ounces of almond milk (I was trying to thin it to the consistency of evaporated milk)
if you use regular coconut milk (which we have in the past) just use it straight

I also added a shot of nutmeg, because I like nutmeg
I think we ended up cooking it about 10 extra minutes. Crust got a little dark, but the middle wasn't jiggly.

Served with coconut vanilla ice cream

Nucoa may be regional (http://www.vrg.org/b...e-label-change/) but I imagine your normal butter substitute would work just as well.

Thanks. I don't know if she even knows which part of the egg she can or cannot eat. This also answers my other SIL question she wanted me to ask about coconut/almond milk in the pie.

Thanks. And congrats on the new feather child!

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#86 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,312 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:25 AM

Thats similar to what its like. I'll feel good for part of the day, then it unleashes itself. :blink: I refuse to take anything because my fever isn't very high (only 100+ is when i take something for that) and i'm not coughing up a lung. Sooooo..... :ph34r:

We have all had something like that at our house. Its like your body is fighting it off, but can't stop it completely. Sleep is probably the best help for it so try to nap or get to bed.

Good job on the B+

santa-dance.gif

#87 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:00 PM

what is this sleep you speak of? Last night i got four hours... ugh...

Today has been a somewhat bad day. Started off with a panic that my mail account had been locked (only to find out i put my name and password for my school email account into it instead of the right one, and somehow activated another mail account :blink: nothin will come out of it of course but it caused a few minutes of panic).

Then, about an hour later, i found out from my current history professor that one of my favorite history professors passed away last week. In between my break for classes i broke down crying in a empty classroom. I had this professor for two semesters (two classes) and she was a very good person. I had hoped to take more of her classes this semester but she canceled them (now i know why). I'm hoping my University will do something for her passing because she was a senior professor there (taught there for 22 years).

Honestly, i'm not going to lie, i feel like ****. I had a samwich and some chedder cheese for lunch, just to get something in me. I've still got two more classes to go (two... 2.5 hour ones).

#88 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:35 PM

Just seems a bit wrong posting on page 2 of this thread... maybe I should disappear for a while again till the thread has time to grow...

Don't you dare!!!! It will really seem like the end of the world! Will have enough trouble when Lost Tales of Power is complete and a new series begins. When did Tickle Me Elbow begin.I think it was there when Queen Kareeng invited me along.

#89 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:46 PM

Hail to
TriticusToxicum And Balogna :blink:

Now a moment of silence to Tickle Me Elbow 1 .......

Love Loey :wub: :wub:

#90 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:48 PM

So it seems we acquired another bird here in the Vydorscope household... an 18 year old cockatiel.

- Vincent -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: