#886 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,312 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:07 AM

I worked up the enthusiasm to read it.

I can summarize the important one​s one for you......... motivational tip #3 was "Do less"

I finally worked up the energy to skim it. The " Do Less" did pop out at me, along with buy & read books and sign up for a computer motivation! Will need a lot of motivation to read Motivational books!

OK. Today's goal:

bathe

I think that is an excellent and achievable goal! It can be made more fun with the addition of bath oils, champagne, and a hunky man.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#887 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:18 AM

Well, hunky man has a job, but he did get me a bathmat for Christmas (Em - Will has a challenger for most romantic gift-giver!) so I can use the oils without risk of bodily harm.
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#888 celiac-mommy

celiac-mommy

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:49 AM

so I can use the oils without risk of bodily harm.

:lol: :lol:
Gofer it!

Today is a blah day. Still no word on the schedule change. I'd just like to know and get it over with! Captain goes back to work tomorrow. Yuk. Over it.

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

#889 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,063 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:54 AM

Well, hunky man has a job, but he did get me a bathmat for Christmas (Em - Will has a challenger for most romantic gift-giver!)

Hmph. . ...bathmat... . . .... .. ..well. it ain't no leaf sucker/blower... . ..

:rolleyes:

Today is a blah day. Still no word on the schedule change. I'd just like to know and get it over with!

Jeez, hopin' that your sched keeps you around your kids a lot, Rahshyellle.... :)
Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

#890 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:59 AM

Hmph. . ...bathmat... . . .... .. ..well. it ain't no leaf sucker/blower... . ..

:rolleyes:

got a cordless drill for my birthday....
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#891 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:12 AM

I try not to overly dwell on this, or overburden you guys with it, but thought that almost two years on you might be interested in the state of our city.

http://www.stuff.co....-outsiders-eyes

Happy New year Dear Friend,

Sorry this reply is late. I've been offline for a while but I was touched by the attachment and hope you know that you and those living in the devastated area who have suffered losses) and this goes out to anyone touched by tragedy (natural or not) are in my thoughts and prayers continually.

I have always found 13 to be a lucky number for me and believe in my heart and (aching) bones that 2013 is going to be a better year for all of us. I've been watching a lot of inspirational TV and reading books and truly feel I was saved for a reason. I need to help others. I am anxious to get back to work with my Selia but I also want to do more. I still also need to build my immunity and strength. It does help. If anyone out there EVER needs to let it go I'm here for all of you. It's the absolute least i can offer to the very people who have been here for me.

Love & Hugz,
Loey

:wub: :wub: :wub:

#892 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:40 AM

I didn't see where to start a new topic within thread. I just wanted to let all my dear psillies that are reasonably a trek (or near) Princeton, NJ that

THE PARTY IS ON!!!!!!!

The BD party for Superman & Tony will begin at 1PM (buffet and yes dedicated gluten-free area) and is flexible as far as coming and going. It's going to be at:

Romeo's Restaurant

Schalks Crossing

Plainsboro, NJ

http://romeosplainsboro.com (website wth directions)

I would LOVE to meet any of you who can join us to celebrate their birthday's and well, me still kicking around! They have wonderful gluten-free pizza and pasta. As of now I think I'm wearing fuchsia. It's casual - I just like to get dressed up.

I hope you feel adventuress and come celebrate.

Love,

Loey

:wub: :wub: :wub:

#893 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:44 AM

Happy belated birthday

Love & an extra hug,
Loey

#894 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:56 AM

OK. Today's goal:

bathe

*note to self, put coffee down before reading this thread*

- Vincent -

#895 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,063 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:26 PM

Hey, now THAT's a romantic fool.... . . .just couldn't help himself, I guess.. .. . . ... :lol:

....Or refrain from taking a sip before reading....there have been many tea- and coffee- spattered screens throughout psillyville history....
Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

#896 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:50 PM

It took you *this* long to figure that out? Hahahaha!!!!!
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

#897 celiac-mommy

celiac-mommy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:25 PM

Jeez, hopin' that your sched keeps you around your kids a lot, Rahshyellle.... :)

Here's the dilemma: Current schedule is 5 days a week, 630a-230p. I'm home every day after school even when I don't have them overnight. I never go more than 2 days without seeing them and I'm there to work with Max on his reading and other homework-which his dad does not do.

They want me to move back to working 3 12's. I have the kids every Monday and Tuesday so I would work Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. This would mean I'd NEVER see them Wed/Thurs and then every other Frid-Sun. If I calculate it out over a year, taking into account school breaks and summers, I end up averaging MUCH more hours with them over the year with this schedule, BUT I'd have to go 5 days every other week without seeing them. #1-I'm not sure I can do that. #2-Max NEEDS the consistancy of what he's been getting with his schoolwork. He's struggling enough as it is and if there are 2 days that I'm not there and his dad doesn't do ANYTHING with him, then he suffers...

What are your opinions? I've plead my case, I've begged like you wouldn't believe and I've prayed and prayed on it. I have to leave it in God's hands and make the best of whatever I'm given. This is hard ^_^

Rachelle 20dance.gif

-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

#898 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:51 PM

Man, that is a dilemma! Since Jesse won't help Max with homework, any chance of cooperation in getting him some tutoring help after school? (for the days when you can't be there). Is work totally immovable / not budging on what they 'want' you to do? i.e., are they insisting :o ? Just shows to go you, NEVAH go on vacation !! You don't know what they'll hatch while you're gone :rolleyes: Sometimes you're lucky if they'll even take you back :ph34r: says she who knows whereof she speaks.
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#899 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:20 PM

Here's the dilemma: Current schedule is 5 days a week, 630a-230p. I'm home every day after school even when I don't have them overnight. I never go more than 2 days without seeing them and I'm there to work with Max on his reading and other homework-which his dad does not do.

They want me to move back to working 3 12's. I have the kids every Monday and Tuesday so I would work Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. This would mean I'd NEVER see them Wed/Thurs and then every other Frid-Sun. If I calculate it out over a year, taking into account school breaks and summers, I end up averaging MUCH more hours with them over the year with this schedule, BUT I'd have to go 5 days every other week without seeing them. #1-I'm not sure I can do that. #2-Max NEEDS the consistancy of what he's been getting with his schoolwork. He's struggling enough as it is and if there are 2 days that I'm not there and his dad doesn't do ANYTHING with him, then he suffers...

What are your opinions? I've plead my case, I've begged like you wouldn't believe and I've prayed and prayed on it. I have to leave it in God's hands and make the best of whatever I'm given. This is hard ^_^

I'm so sorry about your situation. How many hours would Jess have to work with him? I'm going to be saying lot of prayers that you find a solution that gives Max the consistency (and you the peace of mind) you worked so hard to get. Also, how well does Jess work with Max? Again, I'll rack my feeble mind around it but the bottom line that you stated is true: Max needs the consistency. I just know that something will work out. You've never ceased to amaze me yet and I doubt you ever will!
Extra Love,
Loey

#900 celiac-mommy

celiac-mommy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:05 AM

Man, that is a dilemma! Since Jesse won't help Max with homework, any chance of cooperation in getting him some tutoring help after school? (for the days when you can't be there). Is work totally immovable / not budging on what they 'want' you to do? i.e., are they insisting :o ? Just shows to go you, NEVAH go on vacation !! You don't know what they'll hatch while you're gone :rolleyes: Sometimes you're lucky if they'll even take you back :ph34r: says she who knows whereof she speaks.

Seriously?? After a vacation? I've been here for almost 13 years and my supervisor is trying to figure out a way to make it work. As far as the tutoring goes, if they end up making me do 12's, then I will try to work something out with my sister at least one day a week to work with him. He'd have to go to after school care on the days that I work and they don't have anyone there to work with him. I'm guessing I will hear something by the end of the week.

I'm so sorry about your situation. How many hours would Jess have to work with him? I'm going to be saying lot of prayers that you find a solution that gives Max the consistency (and you the peace of mind) you worked so hard to get. Also, how well does Jess work with Max? Again, I'll rack my feeble mind around it but the bottom line that you stated is true: Max needs the consistency. I just know that something will work out. You've never ceased to amaze me yet and I doubt you ever will!
Extra Love,
Loey

Thank you :wub:
I work with Max for about 2 hours a day on reading and math. Jesse won't even read with him. Jesse had them all last weekend and they didn't pick up a book once. I can guarantee he watched about 8 hour of TV each day though. <_<

Rachelle 20dance.gif

-gluten-free since 1/06

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: