2225 replies to this topic

#976 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:33 AM

You have learned a great deal indeed, Loey. And I am the one who is honoured. Our health is so precious - may yours be fully restored.

{{{{{hugs}}}}
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#977 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

Glad you had a good party :)
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#978 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,063 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:26 PM

Loweeee! great news about the party -- was wondering how it all went. So glad that you had something special to celebrate -- NOTHING is more celebratory than returning health! :) :)
Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

#979 celiac-mommy

celiac-mommy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:57 AM

Loves to you Loey!!!!!

You peeps wif kids is nutz! Didn't none a'yas read the instruction manual BEFORE assembly? Crazy hard work involved. :ph34r: :ph34r:

Ya... Wish I would have seen that manual... Although the first one was the PERFECT baby and PERFECT toddler and I fooled myself into thinking that it was because I was the PERFECT mother.... The the 2nd one was born and I was knocked off my pedestal REALLLLLY quickly :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

#980 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:52 PM

Thanks guys :wub:

Some pretty drastic changes in my life over the last 2 months (marriage breakup...moving out......distinctly UNpsilly stressy stuph etc, etc)

SNAAAAPPP!!!!!!

I'm SO cold!!.....not cut out for this wevah!

Lots of extra hugs, kisses and prayers, dear Gnick.

Love,Loey :wub: :wub: :wub:

#981 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:56 PM

I have to admit I am intrigued by the prayer shawl. I bought a clearance Prayer Shawl book, because the patterns looked soo easy. I did not expect the personal stories would be so interesting. The story on page 59 caught my interest. A wounded soldier at Walter Reed was asked what he had wrapped around him. He said he didn't know, someone just gave it to him. He likes it because it keeps him warm. He then added a confession to the monk, he hears praying voices when he wears it.

Even if I only make 1 a year, I think it will be worth it.

I was just given a prayer shawl made by my SIL's mom and her church ladies. I always feel warm (like a hug) and surrounded by love and prayers when I wear it. What's the name of the book you bought?

Love,
Loey

#982 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:48 PM

... Although the first one was the PERFECT baby and PERFECT toddler and I fooled myself into thinking that it was because I was the PERFECT mother....

yep. heard that one described as a 'sucker baby'.....'cause you get suckered in to having another one. :P
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#983 mommida

mommida

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,934 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:57 PM

The Prayer Shawl Companion, Janet Bristow & Victoria A. Cole- Galo list price US$19.95 but I found it on clearance at JoAnn's for $5.97
Michigan

#984 celiac-mommy

celiac-mommy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:43 AM

yep. heard that one described as a 'sucker baby'.....'cause you get suckered in to having another one. :P

It's totally true!!

Now I thought I was having a bad day until I got a voicemail from my girlfriend asking how to get raw eggs out of the carpet... I asked what happened. She went to change her clothes and brush her teeth to take her 3 and 4 year olds to gymnastics. In that 5 minutes, they got a dozen eggs out of the kitchen fridge AND a dozen out of the garage fridge and had an egg fight.. IN HER LIVING ROOM!!! I'm sooooo glad I'm not her right now! Poor thing!! :huh: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

#985 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:59 AM

Hmmm. My nice new white chairs gained some interesting new blue scribbles this morning. Grrr.
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#986 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,063 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:23 PM

OMG. .. .... . .Warpie.....you have little kids, and WHITE pieces of furniture??... . . . .. :blink: :unsure:
Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

#987 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:24 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Butch jumped to the top of the door and played 'balance beam'....

Since I've learned to bury the plastic baggies at the bottom of the trash I've had no more awakenings to food juice spread all over my bed, along with bits of chewed plastic.
- James Watson

- Ashleigh Brilliant

#988 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:30 PM

OMG. .. .... . .Warpie.....you have little kids, and WHITE pieces of furniture??... . . . .. :blink: :unsure:

Some folks defy death; others defy nature :P
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

#989 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:41 PM

well....not any more...
- James Watson

- Ashleigh Brilliant

#990 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,048 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:15 PM

:lol:

well....not any more...

Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: