2225 replies to this topic

#991 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:07 PM

Ah, but these are at least scrubable. Most of it came off with oven cleaner. Given how much I wipe off on a daily basis I dread to think what the real state of our old chairs was.

The sofas are shades of brown (plus yogurt). One day I walked in to find that in the 2 minutes I was in the kitchen my daughter had covered her arms, legs and the sofa in yogurt.

You gotta love em :)
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#992 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,063 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:28 PM

Let's face it.....white furniture just plain don't work for ANYone. A person with cats, with dogs......with toddlers, teenagers.....with visiting elderly parents whose hands that grip the coffe mugs or wine glasses are shaky....

Yup, everyone...... :rolleyes:
Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

#993 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:11 PM

Shows up the gluteny crumbs of said small children a treat though, no one gets away with saying they didn't know the table needed wiping...
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#994 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

OMG. .. .... . .Warpie.....you have little kids, and WHITE pieces of furniture??... . . . .. :blink: :unsure:

Sure I have white PIECES of furniture, and brown pieces,and well all kinds of pieces! ;)

- Vincent -

#995 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:47 PM

Why is it i can eat apples that are: green, just right, and cooked with no problems. But once it gets to the "meely" stage... its a gamble <_<

#996 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:39 AM

The Prayer Shawl Companion, Janet Bristow & Victoria A. Cole- Galo list price US$19.95 but I found it on clearance at JoAnn's for $5.97

Thanks, I also found a book called Prayer Shawl Ponderings. It doesn't have patterns (I don't knit or crochet) but it has a place for you to write your own ponderings after each chapter. Will let you know how it is when it arrives.

#997 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:42 AM

Let's face it.....white furniture just plain don't work for ANYone. A person with cats, with dogs......with toddlers, teenagers.....with visiting elderly parents whose hands that grip the coffe mugs or wine glasses are shaky....

Yup, everyone...... :rolleyes:

I was just going to call out Superman & I. We could NOT ever have white furniture. We're big at eating in the family room when Tony's not home or we don't have company (and sometimes we entertain in the family room) and I'm a pretty big slob for a small person :lol:

#998 mommida

mommida

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,938 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:40 AM

Loey,

This book included personal stories about working for the mission, giving shawls in person, and the personal pattern contribution. I'm thinking a poncho pattern would be a nice idea too.
Michigan

#999 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:51 AM

Loey,

This book included personal stories about working for the mission, giving shawls in person, and the personal pattern contribution. I'm thinking a poncho pattern would be a nice idea too.

Here are some links to sites with prayer shawl patterns and the firs two have prayer ponchos. I find I'll wear a T-shirt some days just so I can wrap myself i it and feel all of the love put into it. I have known my SIL and her family since I was 16(I'm 61 now) and her mother is like a mother to me. The fact that she and her church ladies (not to be confused with SNL skit) made it for me and I know that my SIL's mom is very sick herself makes it even more special. Instead of making it in purple or turquoise (my favorite colors) she made it to match my family room. I thought that was very cool. Anyway, ere are the links. Hope they're helpful. Enjoy

Healing Hugs,
Loey

http://m.bevscountry...yer-shawls.html

http://www.yarn-methods.com/crochet-shawl-pattern.html

http://pinterest.com/colleenclue/shawls-prayer-shawls-ponchos-shrugs/

http://www.thefind.com/crafts/info-prayer-shawl-crochet-pattern

#1000 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:53 AM

Just a shout out to all our loved ones in the forum out in the Tornado areas. Sending lots of prayers and positive energy your way. STAY SAFE!!!!!!!

Much Love,
Loey

#1001 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,063 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:32 PM

For those Psillies with whom I'm not in contact on facebook, I must mention here the huge international event that is starting this Saturday. It is the Yukon Quest, one of the most gruelling sporting events ever held. My BIL and SIL live up in Tagish, a community that sits about 80 km north of Whitehorse, where they professionally train, breed and race sled dogs year-round. BIL Ed is in the Quest this year (I believe his third time.....wife Michelle has run it three times as well)......it's so very exciting. There are world-class mushers from everywhere, including Germany, Japan, Norway, Sweden, taking teams on the 1,000-mile course -- up four mountain ranges, across frozen lakes and rivers and through tiny isolated communities. The fastest teams will do it in about twelve days. I just cannot imagine..... :blink: .....

Here is the website where updates will be available as the race continues through the first and second weeks of February.....

http://www.yukonques.../site/2013-race

Ed is celiac, and has had a great deal of trouble finding appropriate gluten-free food to pack for the two-week stint (nutritionally packed, easily portable, etc.). This will be his first world race as a diagnosed celiac. We've gotta root for The Celiac on The Sled.....

GO, SPECIAL ED, GO!!!
Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

#1002 mommida

mommida

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,938 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

Off to a rocky start on the shawl. I ordered some great priced bamboo yarn from an internet site. I still haven't got the yarn yet.......
I called and it's on back order. I cancelled the order. Now we are due for some bad winter weather asfter a freakish melt down and pretty heavy rain. We are expecting at 2 inches of snow on top of the standing water that will surely be ICE. I will not be wandering out in that mess.
Michigan

#1003 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:06 PM

Off to a rocky start on the shawl. I ordered some great priced bamboo yarn from an internet site. I still haven't got the yarn yet.......
I called and it's on back order. I cancelled the order. Now we are due for some bad winter weather asfter a freakish melt down and pretty heavy rain. We are expecting at 2 inches of snow on top of the standing water that will surely be ICE. I will not be wandering out in that mess.

Egads!! Hope you has a full pantry and fridge.

And you can't even knit or crochet until you can get out again :(
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#1004 mommida

mommida

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,938 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

I did stock up on some yarn from Big Lots. I just wanted really nice special yarn for a prayer shawl. Something that feels like a hug.
Michigan

#1005 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:49 PM

GO, SPECIAL ED, GO!!!

YAH!! GO GO GO!

- Vincent -

0 user(s) are reading this topic