Loey

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:54 PM

What does a dizzy turkey say?

Wobble Wobble! :D

Was that a post from Prince Timothy of the Black Belt Reign? Either way - don't let him into any tear's in the spirit realm!

Wuv,
Woey

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#92 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:58 PM

Was that a post from Prince Timothy of the Black Belt Reign?
Wuv,
Woey

Nope, that was an original VydorScope joke based on a random comment I came across recently on twitter.

- Vincent -

#93 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:59 PM

New Kyng tharm loses his horn? The papers where I live would have a field day with that. Move over Prince Harry, Vegas has nothing on this story.

Might I suggest sending Scaart back to look for it?

I hope I have not yet(i) exceeded my humble serfy remit your madj

LOL :lol: :lol:

#94 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:03 PM

Guys... i don' wanna jinx anything but i just took my temp... 98.9 :blink: oh dear... (my normal is 97.2 ballpark).... My throats kinda sore (salt water gargle already done)... no cough... yet.....

Oh look, three papers due next week.... my body must hate me....

We be praying for yo health STAT!!!!!

wuv & healin hugz,
woey

#95 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:13 PM

Alright guys, this is the weirdest cold thing i've ever had i think. No coughing, clogged head, runny nose, mild fever, and somewhat achey.... I've had it for 4 days so far and its... grrr... at least its not messing with my balance. Lots of steamy showers, water, honey, and next to no sleep (downside of being a college student).

I hope it doesn't turn into something serious (like chicken pox.... pnemonia..... something).... the last three weeks of a semester are... a figurative.... h*** in a sense... with finals, massive papers, etc.

Though i got a paper back from one of my history courses (upper level) and got a B+ on it (made me happy :lol: ).

congrats on paper - YAY. My nose has been running for a month. Saw ENT today and of course it's partially the remnants of pneumonia that hospitalized me and partially my breaking cardinal rule and using big bad Afrin a week ago.

And did I hear we got a bunny baby? Congrats and much love. Mine's turning 21 in February :ph34r: .

Wuv,
Woey

#96 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:22 PM

I found out from another history professor of mine that the vice chancellor of my school maybe doing a memorial for my late professor. I'm planning on attending if i can. She helped me so much and i figured it would only be a good thing for me to attend.

I'll be out of sorts for the next few days, no doubt. Times like these are when i really appreciate this forum.

#97 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:09 PM

congrats on paper - YAY. My nose has been running for a month. Saw ENT today and of course it's partially the remnants of pneumonia that hospitalized me and partially my breaking cardinal rule and using big bad Afrin a week ago.

And did I hear we got a bunny baby? Congrats and much love. Mine's turning 21 in February :ph34r: .

Wuv,
Woey

Haha, it's not a baby of mine, two friends of mine have now had their babies and I couldn't
be happier with all the snugglin' I'm getting!
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

#98 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:23 PM

Shadow
Sorry to hear about your professor. I hope you get to go to the service, I think that sort of thing is really helpful.
((((((Hugs))))))
Mw
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#99 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:18 AM

Shadow
Sorry to hear about your professor. I hope you get to go to the service, I think that sort of thing is really helpful.
((((((Hugs))))))
Mw

Ditto. :(

- Vincent -

#100 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:29 AM

I should be able to.

Right now i'm still dealing with this cold, my ears are itching deep within and so is my throat. Ugh, I love you cereal for getting this started (it should be noted that i have no issues with milk or ceral, when i get sick like this generally my throat and ears itch). Its decreased to mostly my ears but still <_<

#101 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:21 AM

I should be able to.

Right now i'm still dealing with this cold, my ears are itching deep within and so is my throat. Ugh, I love you cereal for getting this started (it should be noted that i have no issues with milk or ceral, when i get sick like this generally my throat and ears itch). Its decreased to mostly my ears but still <_<

You might get some relief from the cold doing a hydrogen peroxide soak in your ears once a day,
and when my ears get itchy I put a little olive oil in them. It's soothing and virucidal.

#102 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,083 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:40 AM

You might get some relief from the cold doing a hydrogen peroxide soak in your ears once a day,
and when my ears get itchy I put a little olive oil in them. It's soothing and virucidal.

I use hydrogen peroxide too. My inner ear gets itchy whenever my body is flaring. Never heard of olive oil - will give that a try next time.

Shadow- so sorry to hear of your professor's passing. If you are feeling up to it get to the memorial - it doesn't take away the loss, but certainly helps process it.

Hoping you are feeling strong very soon.

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#103 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:30 AM

I had a wicked earwax impaction, and had been putting a drop of olive oil in each ear
and squidging it around by mushing that ear flap thing that covers the hole every
day for two weeks, and finally saw the ENT doc, and he said it was actually quite
a good idea and made the removal much less traumatic than it would have
been otherwise, and it's also a very good idea when your ears feel dry/itchy inside
when sick or in the winter. So the internets gave me the idea, but the ENT doc
gave it a thumbs up. Don't get much better than that! I soak a q-tip in olive oil, stick
it just inside the ear canal, and then press it against the side to squeeze out the oil.
I should put it in a dropper, that would be easier.

#104 celiac-mommy

celiac-mommy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:37 AM

Vinyl is back! My 19 year old is collecting now -- bought him a turn table last Christmas with USB connection so they can transfer their vinyl to digital...yep...stay tuned we are not as old as we thought - well that may be going a bit too far ;)

The current vinyl comes in a wide variety of colors, transparent, opaque, etc. -- not the solid black of yesteryear - kinda cool.

I have all of my parents' vinyl from the 50's thru 70's! I CHERISH them!!! Lots of Beatles 45s!

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

#105 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:42 AM

HAHAHAAAA! I have the Devil Went Down to Georgia on my playlist and it was playing
along at the same tempo as Rachelle's dancing girl in her signature! LOL :lol: :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: