• Please log in to reply
2217 replies to this topic

#1036 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:31 PM

Wasn't there some postage about not signing with rings?

Posted Image
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#1037 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:48 PM

Being from down under, I would say he is Lord of the Rings :D
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#1038 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,938 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:59 PM

Being from down under, I would say he is Lord of the Rings :D

Hee!
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#1039 curlyfries

curlyfries

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:54 PM

Wasn't there some postage about not signing with rings?

Posted Image

yeah....real funny :rolleyes: I could tear up my whole chin with that! I usually sign left handed. That ring has a stone with the sharp things holding it on. I was lucky I was carrying stuff in my left hand and was signing right handed. That ring was smooth and still did damage. :unsure:
~~Lisa~~

"The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it."--Moliere

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be."--Douglas Adams

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!--Amanda

gluten-free since 1/08
Posted Image

#1040 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:44 AM

Hello my dearest psillies. Just want to wish everyone hit by this mighty storm safety, no power outages and minimal damage. I'll be praying for everyone. We're close to the epi-center as well as being coastal. We're still recovering from Sandy so I hope that those in low lying areas and near the beaches will not suffer more of a beating.

All my love,
Loey

P.S. as long as I have power I'll update you. I pray it doesn't go out as I have a bug and do not want it to morph into pneumonia. At least the hospital would have heat.

#1041 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,062 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:50 AM

Thinkin' about you, Loweeee, and everybody else in the path of this blizzard. We've had 5 cm (2 inches) of psnaough overnight, with perhaps 20 more coming.....at least this city is ready for this kind of nonsense...POeter, sounds like you guys could get hit harder than us here.... :unsure: . .. ...
Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

#1042 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:58 AM

Wow, scary snow storms coming. It's high forties and clear at my house. Weird weather going on.

Snuggle in under your blankies everyone!
- James Watson

- Ashleigh Brilliant

#1043 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,996 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:24 AM

The snow is still falling, with another 15 cm (6 in) expected. No wind to speak of, so no drifting or whiteouts.
Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

#1044 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:22 AM

The snow is still falling, with another 15 cm (6 in) expected. No wind to speak of, so no drifting or whiteouts.

We're starting to see the snow and winds increase here in Westerly, RI (40 miles south of Providence on the shoreline by Watch Hill & Misquamicut - still under repair from Sandy). Haven't seen our current accumulations on the local news or weather channel yet but we're in for 2-3 feet. Power outages are expected. How long they last is another story. RI, Ct., & Mass. seem to have a good early start to staying on top of things. They set up a 211 number for the elderly or ill who lose power. Crews from United Grid are located all over the three States to respond as quickly as they can. DH & I have never been told to evacuate so hopefully our luck will continue. We're on a hill (Westerly is very hilly) and we don't get hit by flooding. High winds are another story. That did us in during Sandy. The storm pulled up several young trees we had planted but Rob replanted them. Two of them will most likely be uprooted as they never bounced back and are sickly. Rob had planned on removing them in the near future. Sandy didn't hit us seriously compared to what others went through, just caused inconvenience and a very cold few days.

I did get to my chiropractor this AM. On the way the snow got heavier but trip still took the normal amount of time. On the way back the roads were bad. The lines at the gas stations are ridiculous. I'm currently cooking a big pot of split pea soup with chicken and prosciuto (sp?). I figure if we do lose power we can eat that and the other stew I made last weekend without cooking. Superman said it will be sludge - I think it will be tasty if there's a choice of that or pantry food. Did laundry this AM and already got flashlights, candles, etc. in every room. We're just hunkering down until we're even allowed back on the roads. Westerly banned and will be ticketing anyone non-essential on the roads (as of 2PM- allowing those who went to work in the AM to get home) and there's a strict parking ban. I am so thankful we are blessed with a two car garage. During Sandy we watched movies on Superman's iPad in the car. In NJ our one car garage was too full to fit a car so one car was in our driveway and the other had to battle for a space in our small lot (we owned a townhouse there).

Ok, dear folks - stay safe. You'll all be in my prayers. I'll update later when conditions change while I still have power. For some reason my Kindle let's me read email and get on the forum but not send any replies or posts.

Love & Hugs,
Loey

#1045 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:36 PM

Hopefully this won't be my last post but judging outside I'll be seriously surprised and grateful if we don't have a power outrage. DH says I'm being apocalyptic but I'm a very positive person and just think I'm being prepared. He just hates me wanting to keep the local news on for updates (though I get Accuweather through my email). Snow has increased as have the winds. We're re-watching Season 1 of Game of Thrones before starting Season 2 and are hoping to finish Season one and maybe start Season 2 tonight. It was warmer during Sandy so I don't know if we'd watch his iPad in one of the cars in the garage. Plows coming through constantly and I don't plan on going anywhere before Sunday (if then). Rescheduled an outing to Newport with friends for next weekend. OK, I'm supposed to be getting cozy and rejoining DH for TV. I'll let you know how we fare. I know it's going to be noisy and cold tonight.

Keeping everyone in my thoughts and prayers.

Love,
Snowey Loey

#1046 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:47 PM

Stay safe and warm, Loey :)
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

#1047 curlyfries

curlyfries

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:47 PM

Love,
Snowey Loey

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Snuggle up tight, Loey! I feel for all my snowbound psillies, but sooo glad it's not me ^_^
~~Lisa~~

"The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it."--Moliere

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be."--Douglas Adams

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!--Amanda

gluten-free since 1/08
Posted Image

#1048 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:49 PM

Final update before I head to bed. We had lots of times when we thought we were losing power but thank God it flickered and came back on. Half of Westerly has been without power for hours. They expect us to have more outages and they say it will take 3-7 days to get it back. Fingers crossed that we remain blessed. Saw my first "thunder-snow." We're less than ten miles from the beach and it's the first time I've ever seen lightning during a snowstorm or blizzard. Pretty, but also a bit scary (lots of power lines behind us flashing). I'll post when I get up if we still have power. In the mean time I hope you all remain safe and snuggly.

Love,
Loey

P.S. Took yogurt and hard boiled eggs out of fridge as they will keep overnight and DH doesn't like fridge opened if we lose power.

#1049 kareng

kareng

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,694 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:11 PM

Final update before I head to bed. We had lots of times when we thought we were losing power but thank God it flickered and came back on. Half of Westerly has been without power for hours. They expect us to have more outages and they say it will take 3-7 days to get it back. Fingers crossed that we remain blessed. Saw my first "thunder-snow." We're less than ten miles from the beach and it's the first time I've ever seen lightning during a snowstorm or blizzard. Pretty, but also a bit scary (lots of power lines behind us flashing). I'll post when I get up if we still have power. In the mean time I hope you all remain safe and snuggly.

Love,
Loey

P.S. Took yogurt and hard boiled eggs out of fridge as they will keep overnight and DH doesn't like fridge opened if we lose power.

Love Thunder Snow! We had some a few weeks ago! In Kansas you get some every couple of years.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

LTES

Someone told me I was delusional.  I almost fell off my unicorn.

fantasy-unicorn-15.gif

#1050 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:30 PM

I miss lightning. :( Not a Northwest thing.
- James Watson

- Ashleigh Brilliant

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: