1928 replies to this topic

#1051 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:01 PM

We got some kinda sleet thing going on here, and almost a foot already. I'll be happy
if we don't lose power. :D
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#1052 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:26 PM

I'm sick of being sick :(

My stomach has decided to rebel and give me "D" for the second day in a row. My head feels like its in a fog. My indigestion seems to think that its a wonderful time to act up. I keep going from hot to cold and back again. My throats sorta sore and red. yet.... above all....

I have no fever....

I had to avoid going to my last class yesterday due to my stomach (all it took was a sip of water... <_< ).

At least its the weekend... but still.....

#1053 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:26 AM

Hi dear psillies. We made it through the night with no power outages. Not out of the woods yet but we're supposedly more than 3/4 through the blizzard. Next issue is high tide. As I mentioned we're on a hill but still crossing fingers that we remain unscathed. DH will have a huge workout when he clears the driveway (no snowblower and he doesn't want to pay someone while unemployed). I thought he said a power generator was $1,500 but he wants to get one for the entire house and that will cost $!5,000. So .. next windfall that's the plan. How long until that happens is another story. I choose to remain optimistic. :D

Well this will be brief as I've been up since 1AM. I became fascinated with the "thunder-snow." Today will be a "timed" nap (don't want to sleep too long). If I don't take a nap I'm sure I'll be ready for bed by 6 or 7 and then I'll be up early again.

Hope you are all safe and warm.

Lots of extra hugs,
Loey

P.S. Hmmm .. wonder why the ad saying NEVER EAT has an arrow pointing to me?

#1054 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:28 AM

So my son's team just won their basketball game - 37 to 14. My son got to play in all four quarters, which is really cool because he is the weakest player on the team (he never played any team sport at all before). Usually he plays maybe 1 quarter, and that is it.

So while I feel bad for the other team, I glad they lost so badly that coach could give the weakest players on his our team some game time.

- Vincent -

#1055 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:30 AM

I'm sick of being sick :(

My stomach has decided to rebel and give me "D" for the second day in a row. My head feels like its in a fog. My indigestion seems to think that its a wonderful time to act up. I keep going from hot to cold and back again. My throats sorta sore and red. yet.... above all....

I have no fever....

I had to avoid going to my last class yesterday due to my stomach (all it took was a sip of water... <_< ).

At least its the weekend... but still.....

So sorry that you're feeling so poorly. I hope whatever it is goes away FAST!!!! Sending you lots of healing hugs and a big steaming bowl of gluten-free Jewish Penicillin.

Love,
Loey

#1056 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:32 AM

So my son's team just won their basketball game - 37 to 14. My son got to play in all four quarters, which is really cool because he is the weakest player on the team (he never played any team sport at all before). Usually he plays maybe 1 quarter, and that is it.

So while I feel bad for the other team, I glad they lost so badly that coach could give the weakest players on his our team some game time.

Way to go Timothy!!!!!

#1057 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,038 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:20 AM

So my son's team just won their basketball game - 37 to 14. My son got to play in all four quarters, which is really cool because he is the weakest player on the team (he never played any team sport at all before).

:) :)

P.S. Hmmm .. wonder why the ad saying NEVER EAT has an arrow pointing to me?

:lol: :rolleyes: Man, I often feel the presence of that arrow throughout my days....around corners, pointing out of closets, from the sky, the kitchen ceiling.....
Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

#1058 ButterflyChaser

ButterflyChaser

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:41 PM

I can haz ticketz fur mi favorite band in Rome!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Hashimoto's thyroiditis and Grave's disease (2011). It must have been a Black Friday.
Intestinal dysbiosis. Suspected damage to my vili (2012). NCGS according to my dermatologist upon seeing my post-wheat rash.

Gluten-free. Sept 2012.
Canola, almonds, soy = evil.

Grain-free, legume-free. December 2012.
No peanuts and tree nuts. February 2013.
Erb-Duchenne palsy from birth trauma.

My body is trying to kill me.

#1059 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:16 PM

I can haz ticketz fur mi favorite band in Rome!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Yeay for you!! Long way to go for a concert :huh: unless of course you are just looking for an excuse :)
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#1060 ButterflyChaser

ButterflyChaser

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:20 PM

Yeay for you!! Long way to go for a concert :huh: unless of course you are just looking for an excuse :)

'shroom, I LOL'd... I always visit home (Italy) in the Summer, so it's really just a question of driving across the country. I got fed up of waiting for the announcement of the American leg of the tour, and worried there wouldn't be a NYC date in the Fall - which would have meant no date for me, since I have to teach in the fall - so... :wub: :ph34r:
Hashimoto's thyroiditis and Grave's disease (2011). It must have been a Black Friday.
Intestinal dysbiosis. Suspected damage to my vili (2012). NCGS according to my dermatologist upon seeing my post-wheat rash.

Gluten-free. Sept 2012.

#1061 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:36 AM

Who would that be?

- Vincent -

#1062 ButterflyChaser

ButterflyChaser

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:23 AM

<------------ THIS. Meaning my avatar. I was brought up listening to Depeche Mode: pretty somber for a toddler, but hey, my brothers also read Poe and Lovecraft to me, so I guess that fits the picture. Synthesizers were my favourite toys when I was four or five (we had some around the house). :ph34r:

Gluten-free. Sept 2012.

#1063 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:44 AM

Sounds like a perfect childhood. :) Congrats on scoring the tix (and the going to Italy every summer).
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#1064 ButterflyChaser

ButterflyChaser

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:04 AM

Sounds like a perfect childhood. :) Congrats on scoring the tix (and the going to Italy every summer).

Totally was: that's how you raise kids if you want them in grad school LOL! I am very excited about this. :)

Gluten-free. Sept 2012.

#1065 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:41 PM

So (this question is for the ladies) you know how you've always been told that exercise
will help your cramps? Yeah, that's a bunch of CRAP. I just did major cardio shoveling
and it's WAY worse. I feel like the people in the Aliens movies, something's about to come
bursting out of there! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: