2225 replies to this topic

#1081 Loey

Loey

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:56 PM

Thank heaven, I though I was the only one on these boards! :) I can't drop TV references, but I can drop music references, and my students started using the phrase "walking in [someone's] shoes" in our seminar when we talk about empathy.

*swoon* You saw Waters in The Wall?!?!? That is like 50 shades of awesome! Where did you go to college?

I think if my parents hadn't used music as an adjunct babysitter I probably wouldn't be doing what I am doing now (I was in a choir for some years when I was ahem, younger) - we had synths, a regular piano, a couple of electronic pianos, a violin, a trumpet, a saxophone, a pale pink rose guitar (my brother's pick, don't ask), and I am not sure what else. I think my mum only put it a stop when one of my bros wanted to keep a drum machine in the house, and we lived in a condo. :lol:

I had a really long reply and my computer crashed. GRRRRRR!!! I was on my way to bed and wish I had hit post before it crashed. I promise to give you details tomorrow.

Sweet Dreams &Hugs,
Loey

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#1082 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:12 AM

Thank heaven, I though I was the only one on these boards! :) I can't drop TV references, but I can drop music references, and my students started using the phrase "walking in [someone's] shoes" in our seminar when we talk about empathy.

*swoon* You saw Waters in The Wall?!?!? That is like 50 shades of awesome! Where did you go to college?

I think if my parents hadn't used music as an adjunct babysitter I probably wouldn't be doing what I am doing now (I was in a choir for some years when I was ahem, younger) - we had synths, a regular piano, a couple of electronic pianos, a violin, a trumpet, a saxophone, a pale pink rose guitar (my brother's pick, don't ask), and I am not sure what else. I think my mum only put it a stop when one of my bros wanted to keep a drum machine in the house, and we lived in a condo. :lol:

See PM for the retyped post. :rolleyes: Wasn't sure everyone on the thread wanted to read a long missive about all the concerts I've gone to. If I'm wrong I'll gladly C&P it here.

Love,
Loey

P.S. where have all the psillies gone?

#1083 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:53 PM

Seriously - where is everyone?

#1084 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:20 PM

Seriously - where is everyone?

Pseriously?? I guess we is all too busy bein' psuitably pserious :blink:
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#1085 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:24 PM

Sleeping?

#1086 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:43 PM

Sleeping?

Yep, that's me. Just fell asleep on my keyboard :D Gosh, my life is boring. :blink:
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

#1087 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:48 PM

I been out and about. Not much psilly going on here. Bout to have some cheeseburger soup!
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

#1088 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:50 AM

Just drinking coffee....

- Vincent -

#1089 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,057 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:33 AM

Morning coffee brewing. Must go fetch some.
Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

#1090 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:16 AM

Just a quick good morning to all my psillies. I hope no one has been hit too hard by the storm that has started to pick up speed in RI. I know it started out in the midwest so I hope you're all safe & snuggly. It's not a Nemo so I'll still go to my Chiropractor this AM. Saw my Naturopath yesterday and she started to accept just my co-pay (as opposed to the $225 the visit would have cost). She's wonderful and truly doesn't seem in it for the money. We were with her for an hour and a half.

About two weeks ago I thought I had a UTI. Brought the sample to the hospital and waited to hear back from my Dr. At first I wasn't worried because the GYN said it would take a week. I guess Nemo hitting slowed down the lab and it took 2 weeks for him to get the lab results. It turns out that all of the pain I've been feeling (and the fevers & nausea, etc.) are in fact due to an advanced Ecoli (sp?) UTI. On Bactrim DS (which is so strong I feel like I have the flu). Believe it or not I'm relieved and ecstatic it's a UTI. Means my back isn't out and my Celiac isn't flaring. Now I just have to deal with the Bactrim DS for another 4 days.

Off to shower and get ready to venture out. It really looks pretty now. Hopefully it won't amount to much. The next one next week is supposed to be a doozy. So, sweet phriends enjoy sleeping, having coffee, etc. Just glad to see some psillies back on the thread. Will touch base later.

Lots of love & hugz,
Snowey Loey

#1091 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:26 AM

You might enjoy the thread The Song Game under this Forum. Seems up your alley.

#1092 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:56 AM

Already stopped snowing in RI. I think it's supposed to start again late evening and continue overnight. Not supposed to be too much. Hope all of you fare well (and feel well too).

Love,
Loey

#1093 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:47 AM

Beautiful day here in the northwest! Means I have no more excuses for not cleaining the chicken coop. Full-on yuck. <_<
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#1094 ButterflyChaser

ButterflyChaser

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:45 PM

Oh, I have been all over the place yesterday, left early in the morning for a ballet class, went studying in the park, then to a lecture, then on the other side of the city for a meeting, and then on the other side again for dinner, and then 40 minutes back home. I think I was out for something like 15 hours.

I just washed and folded three huge bags of laundry, and all I can say to people who gather all their laundry for a day of the week is this: http://digital.libra...al-washing.html

I am now trying to get ready for a party at 11 PM. Yeah, "sleep is for the weak."
Hashimoto's thyroiditis and Grave's disease (2011). It must have been a Black Friday.
Intestinal dysbiosis. Suspected damage to my vili (2012). NCGS according to my dermatologist upon seeing my post-wheat rash.

Gluten-free. Sept 2012.
Canola, almonds, soy = evil.

Grain-free, legume-free. December 2012.
No peanuts and tree nuts. February 2013.
Erb-Duchenne palsy from birth trauma.

My body is trying to kill me.

#1095 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,147 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:33 PM

Well, I had spuitably sperious type stuff to do. Helped get a new art show installed and had the opening Wednesday night. Then took part one of a glass workshop today. Part two tomorrow where we will cast our glass houses and slump our plates, plaques or whatever they are best called. No concerts fo rme!

Peotr, can you spare a penny? :)
Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: