This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Sequel

TriticusToxicum

GottaSki Mentor

Santa's List?

The blender for me...not the CZs

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Loey

• kareng

• jerseyangel

• VydorScope

Top Posters In This Topic

• Loey

Loey 271 posts

• kareng

kareng 222 posts

• jerseyangel

jerseyangel 212 posts

• VydorScope

VydorScope 184 posts

Posted Images

shadowicewolf Proficient

60 F and lovely. A nice April day.

ugh... no... just no... did we skip winter here? -in before massive snowstorm comes in and buries us all- :lol:

mushroom Proficient

First day of summer tomorra and we had sleet!!!! here this morning and last night!! Bloomin' cold, too!!! Brrrr. But they reckon 75 tomorra :)

That's island weather for you.

GottaSki Mentor

think I saw some major green blobs this morning in Northern Cali -- not to worry weather on the way -- mild good, but I do love to live vicariously as I love Steeeeeep Psnaoughy spots.

mushroom Proficient

think I saw some major green blobs this morning in Northern Cali -- not to worry weather on the way -- mild good, but I do love to live vicariously as I love Steeeeeep Psnaoughy spots.

What's your favorite downhill run??

shadowicewolf Proficient

I adore these youtube videos... did you know...?

Mameshiba were a fad for a while in Japan (not sure if they still are).

tom Contributor

Now if we can just get them to devise a test to gauge our reaction to gluten in a petri dish rather than by challenge or measuring antibodies in our blood I'd be a very happy camper :P

http://www.nature.com/ajg/journal/v107/n1/full/ajg2011311a.html

Be Happy, camper!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

tom Contributor

Here's a nice one, by my little brother's old house.

0.webp

GottaSki Mentor

Oh goodness...that is not an easy question...

Bear - Home Hill - until recently averaged 30 days a season - 44 was the best year ever - I hate this flipping disease.

Silver and Geronimo -- perfect nice long blue, black and double with no jumps and jibs -- SoCal mountains are all about the features and the boards - so I have these runs to myself often - rare here.

Mammoth - Chairs 22 and 25 -- again perfect blues and blacks often with powder and no crowd -- I leave Scotty's and Dave's for my men most days.

Tahoe -

Mt Rose and Kirkwood - too many that I know but don't know names of but will be back as much as possible

Heavenly - Anything steep with a view of the lake and lack of groms :)

Squaw - too long ago -- froggy there but know I loved it

Utahhhhhhhhh

Snowbird - anytime - anyrun

Alta - haven't been back since my hubby was teaching me in pnut butter cement - not in a rush to get back

Brighten - kids were on skis between my knees so the bunny hill?

Park City - like Snowbird better

Coloraaadoh -

I have a very long bucket list there - saw them all on a Summer tour - can't wait to gain my heath for the adventures these hold.

BC --- Ahhhhhhhhhhh

Edited for PS...can't believe I forgot Big Mountain, Montana -- right next to Glacier -- they call it Whitefish now -- only been in the Summer -- retirement dream.

mushroom Proficient

0.webp

Holey Moley! Remind me never to think of going skiing with you (if I skied, that is) :lol:

GottaSki Mentor

0.webp

These joints need a bit more healing before I head there -- but I do have some junior silly's and a hubby ready at the drop of a hat even if they have to hike it - but if a heli comes with the house it'll save some time -- so are the new owner's full time? where's the hide-a-key?

GottaSki Mentor

Holey Moley! Remind me never to think of going skiing with you (if I skied, that is) :lol:

Stick with me - I teach really well - we can do it one day (well maybe the nice long run along the peak that raps around the backside of the Mtn to the house with roaring fire and hot cocoa?????

mushroom Proficient

Stick with me - I teach really well - we can do it one day (well maybe the nice long run along the peak that raps around the backside of the Mtn to the house with roaring fire and hot cocoa?????

Using snowshoes?? B)

GottaSki Mentor

Using snowshoes?? B)

Goodness Gracious -- snowshoes -- how many muscles you got lady -- I'll have you sliding along no Triple Diamonds I promise or I can throw you in a sled and tow you while you pour the cocktails -- oh I mean hot chocolate :)

GottaSki Mentor

Mameshiba were a fad for a while in Japan (not sure if they still are).

Poor little bean -- try epic rap battles -- pretty funny.

GottaSki Mentor

Very nice - Sweet dreams Campers :)

mushroom Proficient

Goodness Gracious -- snowshoes -- how many muscles you got lady -- I'll have you sliding along no Triple Diamonds I promise or I can throw you in a sled and tow you while you pour the cocktails -- oh I mean hot chocolate :)

Now this sounds more my speed and effort level - a sled bar with ice plentifully at hand and a perfectly mixed wodka martini for your arrival :D And I, still being in one piece and still able to breathe, will be able to join you in celebrating our Double Diamond (which is where we live in Nevada) or Diamond Peak (which is where we used to live). My breathing isn't quite so good these days :(

GottaSki Mentor

Now this sounds more my speed and effort level - a sled bar with ice plentifully at hand and a perfectly mixed wodka martini for your arrival :D And I, still being in one piece and still able to breathe, will be able to join you in celebrating our Double Diamond (which is where we live in Nevada) or Diamond Peak (which is where we used to live). My breathing isn't quite so good these days :(

You are close to Mt. Rose!!! -- 3 GottaSki's and 1 GottaBoard will be there just as soon as this stubborn body can get back a bit more mobility -- now where'd you say your hide-a-key was -- oh too big an invasion -- I can leave everyone home ;)

Let's work on the breathing -- so you can join these silly joints on the sledding hill.

kareng Grand Master

Oh goodness...that is not an easy question...

Bear - Home Hill - until recently averaged 30 days a season - 44 was the best year ever - I hate this flipping disease.

Silver and Geronimo -- perfect nice long blue, black and double with no jumps and jibs -- SoCal mountains are all about the features and the boards - so I have these runs to myself often - rare here.

Mammoth - Chairs 22 and 25 -- again perfect blues and blacks often with powder and no crowd -- I leave Scotty's and Dave's for my men most days.

Tahoe -

Mt Rose and Kirkwood - too many that I know but don't know names of but will be back as much as possible

Heavenly - Anything steep with a view of the lake and lack of groms :)

Squaw - too long ago -- froggy there but know I loved it

Utahhhhhhhhh

Snowbird - anytime - anyrun

Alta - haven't been back since my hubby was teaching me in pnut butter cement - not in a rush to get back

Brighten - kids were on skis between my knees so the bunny hill?

Park City - like Snowbird better

Coloraaadoh -

I have a very long bucket list there - saw them all on a Summer tour - can't wait to gain my heath for the adventures these hold.

BC --- Ahhhhhhhhhhh

Edited for PS...can't believe I forgot Big Mountain, Montana -- right next to Glacier -- they call it Whitefish now -- only been in the Summer -- retirement dream.

Love Kirkwood and what used to be called Sierra Ski Ranch and North Star. Heavenly has good views but isn't that thrilling. Tahoe sounds like they are about to get dumped.

Alta, Brighton, Solitude and Snowbird nin the canyons are all good. Park City is too crowded. Deer Valley was great when the boys were little. They have very good lessons and take good care of little ones. Powder Mountain is very uncommercial and great. Snow Basin has good skiing and everything is really nice. Don't eat the gluten-free pizza at the little pizza place at the top. It is too small a place to keep the toppings safe.

J, my son at CSU, has been skiing but, with no natural pshanugh, its limited to one or two runs. They need snow badly! Breck has a little coffee shop that serves gluten-free soup and paninis and no non-gluten-free paninis or coup. The non-gluten-free cookies/muffins come to them completely wrapped to avoid any cc.

Loved Whistler! Went the years before the Olympics.

tom Contributor

Skiing feels like a lifetime ago. Love that spot at Heavenly where while crossing from CA to NV side you see the lake & peaks of the Sierra on the left & the wild contrast of flat high-desert to the right.

Into it enough to work at a ski shop in HS, but other priorities dropped skiing weekends to 2 or 3 or even none. (Wish there weren't any nones, since I'm talkin pre-celiac)

You guys've been to a lot of ski areas! I think I got 7 states under me belt.

Nothin like that feeling at the top of 1st run, making final goggle adjustments, checking that everything's secure, giving a thumbs-up before launching while wearing the wide smile of anticipatory exhilaration! Ahhhhh I think I gave myself chills! :D

Bay area's current floodfearing rainstorms means Tahoe will be buried in several feet of sneaux in the next few days.

Hope no one there having a post-count phlipover cuz too much past&future-liquid can collapse a roof.

Hey Em! Michelle mushing a race this year? I'm getting pretty accustomed to the annual tracking & cheering.

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

0.webp

All I see is horrible, horrible things. I can barely get myself to sled down a hill.

I don't think I'm a skiier!!! :ph34r:

shadowicewolf Proficient

Guys... i'm turning into a major horror fan (stories and videogames so far)... i'm not sure how... :blink:

celiac-mommy Collaborator

Going to HooDoo or Bachelor the week after Christmas. Rented a house in my favorite city, Sisters!! Can't wait!! Part of the kids' Christmas presents. They're both spending a day with a boarding instructor. Helmets are arriving Tuesday...

:0

We had a neighbor that named her daughter Precious. When her daughter was a teen, she went to court and had it changed to something like Michelle or Karen.

I like my name, but with the boyfriend's ex's name as the same and she's a psycotic b, I'm thinking about doing something... His dad and brother call me Ricky. Like Ricky Bobby :lol: :lol:

Welcome to the holidays according to kitty....our first Christmas with Shelby she removed all the ornaments from the bottom quarter of the tree and would pop out from hiding behind branches of the tree to swat at us if we tried to rehang them -- my toddlers (now teens) never created such mischief :P

I got out the lights a few days ago and realized Simon ate through a few strands :rolleyes:

kareng Grand Master

Going to HooDoo or Bachelor the week after Christmas. Rented a house in my favorite city, Sisters!! Can't wait!! Part of the kids' Christmas presents. They're both spending a day with a boarding instructor. Helmets are arriving Tuesday...

I like my name, but with the boyfriend's ex's name as the same and she's a psycotic b, I'm thinking about doing something... His dad and brother call me Ricky. Like Ricky Bobby :lol: :lol:

I got out the lights a few days ago and realized Simon ate through a few strands :rolleyes:

You could go by Russell!

jerseyangel Proficient

Going to HooDoo or Bachelor the week after Christmas.

I'm happy fer ya, Ricky Russell--but I don't know what this means :ph34r::lol: I'm not very cool :P

So today I went to CVS to do a little peaceful shopping, minding me own business.....and as I came around the hair care aisle, I glanced down the baby aisle and spotted two women bent over cramming cans of infant formula into bags. They didn't notice me, so I nonchalantly turned down the next aisle and watched out of the corner of my eye. Sure enough, they left--one at a time--without paying.

I alerted the two employees, one of whom ran out to the parking lot and got the license number of the car before they were driven away. The police were called, and I gave a statement of what I saw. Got to go up in the office with the huge fake windows that overlook the store and watch the security footage.