#106 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:21 AM

Yeah, i'm planning on it now.

I've heard of olive oil and have done peroxide before. I was one of those kids that had ear infections every other week it seemed. It stopped once i moved away from FL. Hmmmm....

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#107 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,161 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:38 AM

Since you all are talking about wax, and it's getting to be the cold and dry air time of year,..

You can make a hand/skin lotion very easily. Just get some beeswax and melt it with a little olive oil. Stir it and let it cool. The oil will keep it soft or even liquidy if you add enough. That's all there is to it. Unless you want to add wonderful additional ingredients, like lemon scent or exotic sounding oils or what not. It's very easy to make a lotion this way. Before applying lotion you should rinse your hands with plain water to moisturize the skin. Then apply the lotion to seal the moisture in.

This is the end of your public service announcement.
Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

#108 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:42 AM

I found out from another history professor of mine that the vice chancellor of my school maybe doing a memorial for my late professor. I'm planning on attending if i can. She helped me so much and i figured it would only be a good thing for me to attend.

I'll be out of sorts for the next few days, no doubt. Times like these are when i really appreciate this forum.

so sorry to hear of your loss. We are all sending you condolences and warm fuzzy hugs.

Love,Loey

#109 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:44 AM

so sorry to hear of your loss. We are all sending you condolences and warm fuzzy hugs.

Love,Loey

:)

#110 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:44 AM

Haha, it's not a baby of mine, two friends of mine have now had their babies and I couldn't
be happier with all the snugglin' I'm getting!

Please get some snuggles in for me. Found out today I have a heavy duty case of Epstein Barr to add to my list of ailments. At least I know why I nap so frequently.

Hugz,
Loey

#111 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,312 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:48 AM

Please get some snuggles in for me. Found out today I have a heavy duty case of Epstein Barr to add to my list of ailments. At least I know why I nap so frequently.

Hugz,
Loey

LO! I'm sending the Guiness Book of World records people to you. I believe you have had almost every ailment possible in the last 2 years! Sleep and get well!

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#112 celiac-mommy

celiac-mommy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:10 PM

HAHAHAAAA! I have the Devil Went Down to Georgia on my playlist and it was playing
along at the same tempo as Rachelle's dancing girl in her signature! LOL :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hugz,
Loey

LO-You must stop all of this!!! You MUST get better and you MUST stop adding sh!t to your list!!!!!
It's an order!
fwiw... ;)

:wub: :wub:

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

#113 tom

tom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:27 PM

I think I'll make that PROCLAMATION FOUR.
>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Celiac 1st diagnosed as a toddler, in the 60s. Docs then, between bloodletting & leech-tending, said "he'll grow out of it" & I was back on gluten & mostly fine for 30yrs.

Gluten-free since 12-03
Dairy-free since 10-04
Soy-free since 5-07

#114 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:42 PM

All Psills must become well?

Sounds good to me
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#115 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:03 PM

TO HE WHO LIVETH ON HIGH:

Dost thou have a magic wand that thee could wave vaguely in the direction of afflicted subjects to accomplish this? Thanks, much appreciated!
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#116 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:47 PM

Over here, no, no, left a bit...
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#117 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,063 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:30 PM

Wolfie, I am so sorry to hear about your professor. A memorial would be a good thing...it often is for many..... . ..

Well, King Ptaoughmnn, I know what Proclamation Five needs to be. At least, The Ripper has requested this:

Please proclaimeth THAT:

"EPT" is a word.

. . ....and that we all need to start using it.

He has realized that the word "inept" exists, but no contrary condition.

While I am quite ept at spotting dangling participles, mathS remains a place where I stumble madly about.....

:lol:
Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

#118 tom

tom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:10 PM

Hmmmm . .he's certainly got me all jacked to wield some power. :D
I may quite well be apt to opt for ept. Posted Image

On a related note, our clement bayarea weather takes a 5 day break tomorrow.
>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Celiac 1st diagnosed as a toddler, in the 60s. Docs then, between bloodletting & leech-tending, said "he'll grow out of it" & I was back on gluten & mostly fine for 30yrs.

Gluten-free since 12-03
Dairy-free since 10-04
Soy-free since 5-07

#119 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:16 PM

Yah, everyone who lives on the East Coast has no sympathy for the King.... :ph34r:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

#120 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:26 PM

I love King Ptm.'s smiley wif a crown :D

Ept--I like it. Definitely fills a void.....
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: