2206 replies to this topic

#1306 curlyfries

curlyfries

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:18 PM

Lisa take care of yourself. Psillies having pneumonia is not good.

Yes ma'am. Spring break starts today and I have no plans.

Oh my goodness, you make my past health issues look like a cakewalk!

Girl! There's so much more to the story! I could write a book. The psillies went through it all with me. I even meet my angel Patteigh (who brought me gluten-free food) while in Houston. I still feel bad about that tearful message I left on Soozle's answering machine the day of Brian's accident.

You take care of YOURSELF (Patteigh, you too) and I'll do the same. Rob's prospects look pretty good! Keep us posted.

:wub:

Love my psillies

~~Lisa~~

"The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it."--Moliere

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be."--Douglas Adams

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!--Amanda

gluten-free since 1/08
Posted Image

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#1307 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:37 PM

P.S. Vincent, LOVE the video and look forward to the celiac disease. Will email you about the Lost Wiki when I can sit at the computer for more than 3 minutes :wacko:

Look, I know you have lots of random conditions, but should you really be looking forward to them?

(for those that have not discovered this yet, the board translates the [c]ompact [d]isk initials into celiac disease automatically with out warning or recourse.

- Vincent -

#1308 curlyfries

curlyfries

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:03 PM

(for those that have not discovered this yet, the board translates the [c]ompact [d]isk initials into celiac disease automatically with out warning or recourse.

I knew that but didn't make the connection when I read that and I was like... :huh: ...and  I was thinking..... well, that's our Loey! :P 

~~Lisa~~

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be."--Douglas Adams

gluten-free since 1/08
Posted Image

#1309 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:47 PM

I knew that but didn't make the connection when I read that and I was like... :huh: ...and  I was thinking..... well, that's our Loey! :P 

Yeah, to be honest, at first I did not make the connection either, for the same reason :)

- Vincent -

#1310 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:48 PM

FIrst Night in the bag! W00T! Bed, where are thou?!?!?

- Vincent -

#1311 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:51 PM

Sold Out Audience!

882204_10151389999118655_255542240_o.jpg

Both performances today went much better! Nothing like an excited and reactive audience to lift up a show!

- Vincent -

#1312 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,060 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:20 AM

Way to go, Vyncyeghnt....how exciting for you!  :)

Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

#1313 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:35 AM

What a crowd!  Way to go!

"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#1314 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:39 AM

Snow canceling performance for tonight :(

- Vincent -

#1315 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,753 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:59 AM

Gonna watch the live event for the sneak peak for the next movie in the Hobbit trilogy. Starts in 6 mins :ph34r: yay!

#1316 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:09 PM

Don't forget all them little hobbits are running around down  here in Middle Earth.  Funny little guys they are, too :blink:

Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#1317 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:11 AM

Sold Out Audience!

882204_10151389999118655_255542240_o.jpg

Both performances today went much better! Nothing like an excited and reactive audience to lift up a show!

So proud of you Vincent!!!!!! Sorry about the snow.

Hugs,

Loey

#1318 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:21 AM

I prefer "that's our loey"   :) to our neighborhood label of "the unemployed-sickly couple." :mellow:

I have to attend an IEP meeting for the girl I tutor today and only had 2 days notice to prepare. Selia's mom is a lose cannon so I told her to let me talk. She's got a chip on her shoulder about public schools and has already gotten off to a rocky start with Selia's principal. The meeting is in the Superintendent's Office with an additional 6-7 people. I've attended over 125 IEP meetings and it never involved some of the personnel that will be here today. I know that having 2 children with learning disabilities start a school in March (right before standardized testing) is a teacher and principal's worst nightmare. The school is small and Selia and her brother can definitely impact the overall scores. Average class size is 13 students. When I was teaching I had anywhere from 19-30 (depending on the school). When I did Special Ed it was a smaller ratio. Selia was placed in 5th grade and she's reading on a 2nd grade level (and not fluently). She couldn't read at all when we first started working together. I feel for her teacher and hope the school will let me provide additional support. I would love to be able to volunteer to work with Selia in the school but have to be 100% healthy before committing to anything.

I'm approaching it like a practice job interview. My new goal is to get off of disability and get back to teaching in some capacity (like an aide). So, you never know what today could start. I can't believe how nervous I am. I also still have my "ladyparts" issue so that should be interesting. OK, time to read Ct. Core Curriculum Standards for reading. I spent Monday & yesterday looking up the people who will be at the meeting. I find that humanizes them for me. I know how to play nice within the school system but Selia's mother does not! Hopefully I'll be able to do some damage control today.

Thanks for letting me ramble. I'm also very excited about the meeting.

Sending you all positive energy, healing (((hugs))) and lots of love,

Loey

P.S. looks like DH might have a job. It's the one for Medical Monitoring that pays during training and then you owe them a year. It's a more stable and growing field that pays less than a pharmaceutical job but will have more security. I told you all that 2013 is going to be a great year for all of us so HANG IN THERE!!!!

#1319 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:07 PM

Well I just retuned from the IEP meeting and boy North Stonington is even less welcoming than Westerly! Selia only tested at a D level on the DRA which is early kindergarten (she's 12). I did get to meet with the principal and superintendent before the meeting and evidently Selia's mom, Nikki, never filed the yearly required homeschool paperwork with the state so I totally understand why the district is somewhat freaked out. I was honest with them about her problem possibly being a poor homeschooling curriculum rather than a special ed problem. I didn't have the resources to accurately test her at home. I think homeschooling is awesome with the right parent doing it (like our Vincent). Nikki has learning disabilities and so does her husband. There is no way Selia should have been taught Latin and cursive before she knew sight words, phonics, decoding, etc. They told me to follow her reading homework when I tutor her but my offer to help in school was not met with warmth. I think it will take a few more meetings to break through with them but I know I will. This isn't about a job - it's about helping Selia. Nikki was less combative in the meeting than I expected but I could feel her fuming.

AAARGGHH!!! Thanks for letting me vent.

Love,

a frustrated Loey

#1320 curlyfries

curlyfries

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:08 PM

GOOD LUCK, LOWEEE!!!!!!!

I know you are going to WOW them with your brilliance! Not saying anything about DH......don't want to jinx it!

I'm still waiting for this wonderful year of which you speak. Just got my car towed to the mechanic. It won't start and it's not the battery. We've already indebted ourselves with a rebuilt engine <_<

~~Lisa~~

gluten-free since 1/08
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: