2225 replies to this topic

#1411 VydorScope

VydorScope

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:32 PM

Sorry LoLo. :(  Things are really hard out there now.  I still don't have a job, but then, I don't really want one.  I'm not sure how I managed to spent the last few years actually getting up and going to work; I feel like I lived in a fog of exhaustion for a long time.

To make a little extra money I started writing at textbroker.com.  You have to have good grammar and punctuation, and it isn't a lot of money, but it is something and you can work at your own pace.  It takes a while to get set up and you have to send in a writing sample and a W-9 and prove your a US resident.

You might also check out iWriter.com - I have started poking around and looking for paying gigs like this to pay off some bills, and iWriter was recomended to me. I have not tried any of them yet... so can only say it was recomended to me. :)

- Vincent -

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#1412 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:31 AM

Hello my dearest psillies. Wanted you all to be the first to know that Superman got the job offer today with the Medical Monitoring Company.  :D  :D  :D  :D

Thank you for the unwavering support and love over the past years. I truly don't think I could have made it through without each and every one of you!!! I never imagined when I was first diagnosed with Celiac that through the illness I would gain a wonderful new family. I love you all dearly!!!!!

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: Loey

#1413 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,938 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:46 AM

Super wonderful news for a super guy ;). I couldn't be happier for you both!!

Now relax and enjoy the weekend:):):)
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#1414 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,062 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:31 AM

YAAAAAAAAY, SOOOOPERMAN!!!!!!

hapydancsmil.gif   hapydancsmil.gif  hapydancsmil.gif  hapydancsmil.gifhapydancsmil.gif

Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

#1415 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:55 AM

Woohoo, go Superman, go :)

Totally delighted for you Loey, have a wonderful weekend

Mw x
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#1416 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:58 AM

So happy for you and your fam, Lowee!  It's about time!

Turks are still kicking.  I actually may be believe that they're sort of getting better - less wobbly and spend less time under the heat lamp.  It's been sunny the last few days so we've gone out for a few hours in the afternoon to dig through the grass and look for anything exciting.  Snuffles still spends much of her time lying down, but at least she was lying down in the sunshine.

Saw an eagle yesterday, and Seuss saw or heard something too so he brought his girls into the pen where they'd be safe.  Funny to watch those birds.

"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#1417 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:40 AM

So happy for you and your fam, Lowee!  It's about time!

Turks are still kicking.  I actually may be believe that they're sort of getting better - less wobbly and spend less time under the heat lamp.  It's been sunny the last few days so we've gone out for a few hours in the afternoon to dig through the grass and look for anything exciting.  Snuffles still spends much of her time lying down, but at least she was lying down in the sunshine.

Saw an eagle yesterday, and Seuss saw or heard something too so he brought his girls into the pen where they'd be safe.  Funny to watch those birds.

SO glad to hear the turks seem better. I know that they're a great source of comfort to you and your family. I'll continue to keep them (and everyone here) in my prayers.

Thank you so much for all the wonderful posts and emails. Superman slept well last night for the first time in 20 months. Tomorrow he'll start cutting back on his coffee intake (can't be running to the bathroom during surgery). I will expect him to be sleepy and grouchy. After all he's done for me I think I can deal with it.

Love, (((hugs))) and thanks to all of you dear sweet psillie people!  :wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Loey

P.S. We'll soon drop the label of the "unemployed/sick" family on the block. Our neighbors moved a year ago and we just heard they have to short sell their house. "There but for the grace of God go I."

#1418 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:06 PM

Yay for Loey and fam!!!!

- Vincent -

#1419 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,028 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:05 PM

Well, my past has been remembered in public. A former colleague writes a weekly column online about computer security. I got a heads-up from him that he had mentioned me in today's edition.

Click here to see it.

This was the time leading up to my diagnosis in mid 2000, when my health was in the crapper, BTW.
Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#1420 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:24 AM

Well, my past has been remembered in public. A former colleague writes a weekly column online about computer security. I got a heads-up from him that he had mentioned me in today's edition.

Click here to see it.

This was the time leading up to my diagnosis in mid 2000, when my health was in the crapper, BTW.

Wow Poeter, I was impressed with you before I read the article. Now I'm even more impressed!!!!   :D  :D  I can only imagine how incredible your work is now that you're diagnosed and no longer in the crapper (figuratively & literally).

Hugs,

Loey

#1421 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:51 PM

So I am trying my hand at digital art... here is my first attempt:

ee80229bdd950556785ee92488041d5a-d63pmr2

- Vincent -

#1422 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,028 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:11 PM

Well, apparently summer has arrived. Winter ended yesterday. The power company flipped to summer time-of-use charges today, and tossed in a rate hike to liven it up.

Lovely weather, so we mostly set up the back deck and had supper out there. The barbecue isn't set up yet. Maybe I'll get to it tomorrow. Hit 20C (68F) this afternoon under sunny skies, and it is expected to stay like that until Monday, when it will be slightly cooler.
Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#1423 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:39 PM

Ooo bbq weather, and it is a bank holiday here on Monday. Ours looks like an old steam locomotive, it is huge. Mr Mindwarp will be very excited.
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#1424 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,062 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:09 AM

What a great mention of you and your illustrious past, POeter! Appears that you were The Oracle even back then.....   :)  ;)

Vynceghnt, that is a fascinating graphic....those two girls seem mesmerized by that impressive sceptre, as if it is guiding them, magically, somewhere.....now, the dark girl had best tuck in that sash -- it is just waiting to get caught in something.  HATE when that happens.....

:rolleyes:

Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

#1425 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:30 AM

Vynceghnt, that is a fascinating graphic....those two girls seem mesmerized by that impressive sceptre, as if it is guiding them, magically, somewhere.....now, the dark girl had best tuck in that sash -- it is just waiting to get caught in something.  HATE when that happens.....

:rolleyes:

Isn't that an accept price you ladies pay for fashion? LOL

Got another one I am working on... liking it much better so far, hoping to to sell them via stock photo, or premade book covers or something. Right now just learning the tool and practicing.  I need raise money to by more textures and etc so that is why hoping to sell these. So my art can fund my art! :D

- Vincent -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: