2225 replies to this topic

#1441 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:35 AM

Woohooo Mr Mindwarp is firering up the bbq as we speak, so meat meat and more meat. Mmm

Been paddling in the sea this week, and life looks good :)
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#1442 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:52 AM

Awesome graphics Vienna!  Like that the women don't have boobs big enough to shade a village.

Turks survived their first night outside after much wailing last night.  They had to appreciate being able to wander around this morning when they got up.  I let everyone out in the yard and came inside to make some warm high-protein mash for the tirkeys.  When I came out they were perched on the deck furniture waiting.  A few more days and hopefully they'll be too big to fit through the fence.

I have five freedom rangers (meat chickens) in my livingroom now.  Fortunately we're having a spate of exceptionally warm weather so I'll put them outside in a pen as soon as the sun comes out.  They're a week old and need it to be quite a bit warmer.

Yeah Turks!!!!!

Thanks! I have a new version of that same pick with much better lighting, but now you can see how horrible the floor texture is so still working on it. I might just leave the bad lighting LOL

Both look new covers look awesome! I can't believe you just started using this program.

Woohooo Mr Mindwarp is firering up the bbq as we speak, so meat meat and more meat. Mmm

Been paddling in the sea this week, and life looks good :)

So glad life looks good. Enjoy the BBQ!

#1443 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:55 AM

DH busy dealing with yard-work. He received the contract and start date (May 20th). :) He'll be on call several days a week and one weekend a month.They pay you a few bucks an hour to be on call. Also looks like there's overtime. We're ordering gluten-free Pizza tonight. I'm going to see the third man in my life tomorrow - Ironman. I would watch Robert Downey Jr reading a phone book. Superman and DS are fine with my crush. DS bought me an Ironman figurine for my birthday when the first Ironman movie came out. I guess I can agree life is good here, too. Getting use to my "issue." I don't seem to have a choice.

May life be good for all of you!

Love & Hugs to you all,  :wub:  :wub: 
Loey

P.S. it's Sunday and no Ironman for me today. I seem to have come full circle and have another UTI (in addition to other issue). Life is still good, I have much to be grateful for (like all of you psillies). 

:D  :D 

#1444 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,063 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:14 AM

Things sound good for you, Loweeee.....YAY!   Except for that UTI.....now they are yucky....I have always found baking soda, ingested in several cups of water over a couple of hours, has stopped UTIs in their tracks....have you ever tried this? I'm sure with your history that you have.....

Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

#1445 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:29 AM

Things sound good for you, Loweeee.....YAY!   Except for that UTI.....now they are yucky....I have always found baking soda, ingested in several cups of water over a couple of hours, has stopped UTIs in their tracks....have you ever tried this? I'm sure with your history that you have.....

Really?  Couldn't yopu substitute something made with baking soda, like muffins?

"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#1446 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:08 AM

I've actually never tried that. The only baking soda I have is in the refrigerator, warding off smells. I'll have to buy a fresh box.

Really?  Couldn't yopu substitute something made with baking soda, like muffins?

I'd love it in muffins!

#1447 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,063 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:08 AM

Ha! No, unfortunately, the baking soda's gotta be straight up, stirred into a glass of water. I put about a tbsp. in a big glass, and drink about three glasses in a couple of hours. it's all to do with making your inner workings more alkaline...there is a lot to read about it online.... 

Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

#1448 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:48 AM

Ha! No, unfortunately, the baking soda's gotta be straight up, stirred into a glass of water. I put about a tbsp. in a big glass, and drink about three glasses in a couple of hours. it's all to do with making your inner workings more alkaline...there is a lot to read about it online.... 

That also works to help resolve acid reflux or so i've heard.

#1449 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:54 AM

I am just going to assume this works and take some preventive medicine ;)

- Vincent -

#1450 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:23 AM

So I redid the image. All I changed was the ground texture, the skin on the girl, and complete redo of the lighting. Better?

lighttest_by_vydorscope-d647tzl.jpg

Oh I moved them forward a bit because her face was getting lost in the shadow from the arch.

- Vincent -

#1451 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,067 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:04 PM

More great weather, and the first barbecue of the season is grilling as I type. Corn on the cob and hamburgers with Udi's gluten-free buns.  :)

Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#1452 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:57 PM

My 5 week old poults were going at it hard.  I tried separating them, tried detention, nothing would deter them so I resolved to listen to the squeals and let them work it out.  But I hadn't figured on Mama.

One of the poults was raised by my silkie, so she listened to about 5 minutes of squealing and had had enough.  She marched her tiny little butt over there and gave those miscreants what for!

Dunno what she said, but we had peace for most of the afternoon.  Late in the day another row started and lasted about 45 seconds.  She charged the two like a little bull and they split up immediately yelling "We weren't doing anything!"

The other chickens, of course, just circled up chanting "Fight! Fight! Fight!"   Rotten girls.

"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#1453 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:38 PM

made me a new girl...

redhead_withtext_by_vydorscope-d64je6e.j

- Vincent -

#1454 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,308 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:25 AM

Jess's bird children sound just like human children.  We let them try to work it out, but when we get tired of listening to the fighting, we have to separate them!

Victor/Vincent - I don't know much about anime/computer characters but I do think the women are supposed to have a lot less clothing and a lot bigger chest!  :o

Just watching Dr Travis on Rachael Ray.  He said we should be checking a guy's ring finger.  If the ring finger is longer than the pointer......he is considered "well endowed" (that was the scientific medical term he used).

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#1455 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:29 AM

Victor/Vincent - I don't know much about anime/computer characters but I do think the women are supposed to have a lot less clothing and a lot bigger chest!  :o

Would save me time/money not buying textures/etc for clothes LOL

- Vincent -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: