2206 replies to this topic

#1456 elye

elye

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,059 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:59 AM

Jess's bird children sound just like human children.  We let them try to work it out, but when we get tired of listening to the fighting, we have to separate them!

Victor/Vincent - I don't know much about anime/computer characters but I do think the women are supposed to have a lot less clothing and a lot bigger chest!  :o

Just watching Dr Travis on Rachael Ray.  He said we should be checking a guy's ring finger.  If the ring finger is longer than the pointer......he is considered "well endowed" (that was the scientific medical term he used).

Hmm... . ... ..must check out DH's fingers...interesting, I've never paid much attention to them.. . ....his THUMB, yes....    B)    :rolleyes:

Would save me time/money not buying textures/etc for clothes LOL

Well, you may, then, need to invest in expensive spray-tan....

Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#1457 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:43 AM

More great weather, and the first barbecue of the season is grilling as I type. Corn on the cob and hamburgers with Udi's gluten-free buns.  :)

I had a lovely visit from 2 birds clinging to our family room outdoor screen. They were adorable! I felt like they were welcoming me as I've been watching the seasons change from my couch. I plan on that changing soon!  :) Gotta get Superman to BBQ. He has online homework for the new job before his start date.

My 5 week old poults were going at it hard.  I tried separating them, tried detention, nothing would deter them so I resolved to listen to the squeals and let them work it out.  But I hadn't figured on Mama.

One of the poults was raised by my silkie, so she listened to about 5 minutes of squealing and had had enough.  She marched her tiny little butt over there and gave those miscreants what for!

Dunno what she said, but we had peace for most of the afternoon.  Late in the day another row started and lasted about 45 seconds.  She charged the two like a little bull and they split up immediately yelling "We weren't doing anything!"

The other chickens, of course, just circled up chanting "Fight! Fight! Fight!"   Rotten girls.

:D  :D  :D

made me a new girl...

redhead_withtext_by_vydorscope-d64je6e.j

Jess's bird children sound just like human children.  We let them try to work it out, but when we get tired of listening to the fighting, we have to separate them!

Victor/Vincent - I don't know much about anime/computer characters but I do think the women are supposed to have a lot less clothing and a lot bigger chest!  :o

Just watching Dr Travis on Rachael Ray.  He said we should be checking a guy's ring finger.  If the ring finger is longer than the pointer......he is considered "well endowed" (that was the scientific medical term he used).

I haven't checked DH's ring finger but he is a spaniard  ;)  

Would save me time/money not buying textures/etc for clothes LOL

I think you should be illustrating your novels (IMHO)  :D

#1458 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:49 AM

I think you should be illustrating your novels (IMHO)  :D

Putting pictures in an ebook is a freaking pain in the bum. I learned that the hard way with the newest release. :(

- Vincent -

#1459 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:49 AM

Putting pictures in an ebook is a freaking pain in the bum. I learned that the hard way with the newest release. :(

That's a shame- you're really talented  :(  :(

#1460 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:50 AM

Well, you may, then, need to invest in expensive spray-tan....

Hmm... I am sure I would be lol'ing if I had better understanding .... but ummmm... what?

- Vincent -

#1461 kareng

kareng

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,629 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:57 AM

Hmm... I am sure I would be lol'ing if I had better understanding .... but ummmm... what?

If your pics have less clothes, you will need to spray tan them? Really, that man had a few too many clothes, also. All he really needs is a strategically placed sash.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

LTES

You better cut the pizza in four pieces, because I'm not hungry enough to eat six. ~Yogi Berra

smiley-eating-pizza-slice-emoticon.gif

#1462 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,059 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:01 AM

Really, that man had a few too many clothes, also. All he really needs is a strategically placed sash.

....Or, depending on the guy, sashES... . . ....

Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

#1463 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:21 PM

W00T! Made 2nd Yellow in Aikido tonight! Well on our way to our second black belt! :D

- Vincent -

#1464 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:45 AM

Woohoo
Well done on yellow belts :)
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#1465 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:32 AM

Woohoo
Well done on yellow belts :)

I'm not surprised but CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

(((Hugs))) to the three of you!

Loey

#1466 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:51 AM

Yay!!  Well done!

"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#1467 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:39 AM

I just wanted to wish all of my dear sweet psillies (and their family members) a healthy and Happy Mother's Day!!! May you be surrounded by everyone you love most dearly.

We're celebrating today and having dinner with Tony at Ruth Cris's Steakhouse in Providence. Superman bought me a lovely orchid plant (I received orchids on my first mother's day). I am one blessed lady. Wishing the same blessings to you all.

Love,  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Loey

P.S. Tony bought me a gorgeous necklace and it was the warmest visit with him I remember in a long time. I thinks he's coming back to us a little  :D  :D

#1468 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:09 AM

Man... check it... well worth the six or 7 mins this will take!

We’ve all gotten used to those ubiquitous pump-topping TV screens that scream inane chatter at us while we wait for our hilariously overpriced gas to top up. But what if one of them started talking directly at you? Such is the nature of this "Tonight Show" prank, in which a talking head on a gas pump screen charmingly bantered with Will...

Part 1:

Part 2:

- Vincent -

#1469 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:35 AM

Hello my dearest Psillies.

Well my wonderful Mother's Day dinner cross-contaminated me. I now have wrap-around pain :(  and other than going back to eating only brown rice I've forgotten what measures I can take to help alleviate the pain. In the past I always had my pain killers and have NO desire to ever go down that path again. I've been using a heating pad (either on my back, abdomen, or between my legs). The good news is that it's dwarfing my ladyparts issue (still there but I think it's improving). The dinner was worth the suffering but my boys had too many gluten laden appetizers and three bread plates at the table so I'm not surprised I was glutened. I also splurged and had a champagne cocktail. I don't think they were too careful when they wrapped my leftovers. Oy Vey!  I just finished a 5 day course of Keflex and am taking 100 billion mg of probiotic detox 3xdy.

Any tips are greatly appreciated. I went back to the main Forum page and did some searching but I don't have much patience and you, dear psillies, know everything.

Love (and thanks),

Loey

P.S. I hope I didn't offend anyone on my email list with the Sandy Hook letter.

#1470 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:58 PM

Loey- Charcoal! Worked like magic for me last time I got glutened. And I used

digestive enzymes for the next week to help with getting my other foods absorbed.

And Yogi Peach Detox tea, which happens to be quite tasty as well. Watch out with

the charcoal- it should be taken away from any other supplement or food.

If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: