7 replies to this topic

#1 zebra

zebra

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:15 PM

Hi- I'm new here. I've suspected for quite some time that I've had 'something' wrong. I finally added 2+2=4 and figured out gluten. I've been sensitive to dairy for years and avoid that, now its gluten too.
I've lost over 50 lbs since the start of summer. It seems so much is limited now because of dairy AND gluten. I'm waiting to see a gastro in a couple weeks and I know he is going to order more tests so I need to keep the gluten going but I can NOT spend hours a day in the bathroom (both ends). The vomiting is new since august/september.
I think I'm still in denial mode. Add in the fact that I won't eat red meat and my options are so limited .. or so it feels.

Anyone wanna have a 'welcome pity party' :)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Skysmom03

Skysmom03

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:18 AM

Have you told them how sick you have been. My husband got down to 110 lbs ( he was only 145 to start with) and really I don't think he would have made it another week. They could tell by speaking with him on the phone how week he had become and the doctor agreed to let him begin the diet. The damage to his intestine was still quite obvious. Maybe you could call the GI and speak with the nurse about it. Tell her the situation... Maybe she could speak with dr and get you in sooner or he could allow you to start the diet.

#3 Skysmom03

Skysmom03

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:21 AM

My husband had same issues as you. Bathroom 50 times a day. Literally and throwing up. Quite a scary situation to live through. He could eat nothing. I was slowly watching him starve to death. He now weighs 185 lbs!!! :). Never been that heavy ever. Dr said his intestines were one of the worst he has ever seen. Completely smooth. Good luck!!

#4 zebra

zebra

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:09 PM

I've told them. Part of the issue I've spent years running around with my PCP, who is convinced everything would be 'fixed' if I wasn't anemic. :angry: . I finally got a referral to the gastro when the PCP passed me off to a PA in the office. While I have the weight to lose, and I welcome weight loss, I can not spend hours a day in the bathroom.
The gastro office was wonderful. They totally understand, but due to other issues I refuse to see a female dr so the first available male appt was 12/3. People tend to write me off as nuts since I have some psych issues but those issues are being managed and honestly, I can not make up the puking, the bathroom issues, the sweats, the dizzy, the stomach pain.

#5 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:23 PM

-snort-

I too was written off with its all in your head issues.

yet i was throwing up several times a week and had "D" daily.

#6 Lisa

Lisa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:04 PM

I think I'm still in denial mode. Add in the fact that I won't eat red meat and my options are so limited .. or so it feels.

Anyone wanna have a 'welcome pity party' :)

I hope you get good news regarding your GI visit. Good news meaning that you find an answser to your distress. I would certainly recommend a full biopsy with 8-10 samples, should you have an endoscopy exam.

The following are the celiac specific blood tests:

Anti-Gliadin (AGA) IgA
Anti-Gliadin (AGA) IgG
Anti-Endomysial (EMA) IgA
Anti-Tissue Transglutaminase (tTG) IgA
Deamidated Gliadin Peptide (DGP) IgA and IgG
Total Serum IgA

If Celiac is your issue, no pity party is needed. It's an adjustment to your diet and shopping and good health is right around the corner. :D
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

#7 Skysmom03

Skysmom03

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:29 PM

Good luck and let us know how it goes! Hopefully you can get some quick relief. My son's doctor ( ped. Gastro) said most pcps wants to beleice everyone has celiac or no one at all....guess you got the second!

#8 zebra

zebra

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:54 PM

My appointment can not come soon enough. I've been compiling a list of symptoms and once I get that man cornered in the office.... He may never get to leave.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: