#16 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:53 AM

Hugs Colleen
I only just heard your full story. Thank you so much for taking time to come here and help us folks out
Mw x
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 GF Lover

GF Lover

Melanoma Warrior

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:00 AM

Thanks for your hugs. There are others on this forum who are also fighting cancer, debilitating diseases and fighting for their lives. We are all warriors and not eating gluten is easy when you consider the consequences. At least it is for me.

Hugs to you all.

Colleen

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

*BiPolar, Major Depression, Anxiety *Hypothyroidism, *Celiac

*Metastatic Melanoma, *Immunotherapy Mitigated Vitiligo, *General Insanity

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Are We There Yet? and Dad says...All you have to do it ride it out.

Comments/views/opinions expressed on the site are my own and are not representative of Forum Admin/Owner

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

gingerbread-man-smiley-emoticon.gif

#18 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:34 AM

Never did gluten impact me to this extent until I eliminated it.

Cheating is NOT fun. These old foods don't have the yum factor (except the McDs I had) they used to have!!!

But really, this much of a difference only 3 weeks out?

No more cheat for me.... WOW! Who would've thought!?!

OK, see, the anti-rustlers have come out on their white horses. :) Got 'em all-riled up ye have. (Nothing against the anti-rustlers I luv yuhs!)

Celiac disease really is a serious disease. It is also the only autoimmune disease we know how to mostly stop, and the prevention is avoiding gluten. Since you already decided not to cheat anymore, hopefully the advice from the anti-rustlers will help with your stick to-it-ness.

It's a great and wonderful thing to have the power to prevent yourself from getting sicker every day and eventually dieing a slow, painful and unnessecary early death.

It does take some will power at first, and some stick-to-it-ness, kind of like hot tar on an old tennis shoe. And there are lots of reasons to stick to it (the gluten-free diet), your kids, your hubby, yourself too.

Giving up gluten is a minor thing compared to what you get in return.

Eventually you wil be able to join the anti-rustlers, get your own white horse, and pound on newbies like yourself. Some of us have had very serious situations because of gluten and celiac disease, and some still do too. Not every issue resolves after going gluten-free for some people. Sometimes additional auto-immune diseases develop and don't go away when gluten is removed. That's another risk we face if we keep eating gluten. Did you read the linked thread in the cheating thread by the woman who had to have a colostomy after cheating? You sure don't want that to happen. It's not fun, my younger brother had one too. Your gut becomes so damaged they have to cut parts of it out, and temporarily re-route the gut to a pouch on the outside of the abdomen. So you empty that pouch instead of using the toilet. And have to carry it around strapped to your body all day and while you seleep. Not pleasant at all.

There are people that come around and don't take the gluten-free diet seriously at times, probably thinking it is kind of like a weight loss diet. But gluten-free is a medical diet like for diabetes or heart disease or something. And there is no quick fix like shooting up with insulin or running another mile.

Well, I am not trying to beat you up here, I hope it doesn't seem that way. But forewarned is forearmed as they say. I guess my horsey is kind of off-white. :)

You've gotten a lot of advice now, hopefully it is helpful and you understand the disease issues a little better. Three weeks is a short time to learn all the things about celiac disease that we have picked up in years of living with it.

I am really enjoying this rustler analogy tho. Can you tell? :)

Colleen, much success on your situation, prayers are being sent. :)
Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

#19 a84c72

a84c72

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:33 PM

SERIOUSLY????????

........ First of all, yes, I was diagnosed in August....but I knew NOTHING about this and it was a HUGE learning process. There is nothing about DENIAL here. I didn't sit there the other night and eat McDonald's because of DENIAL. I didn't toss it off like "oh hell, there is nothing going to happen to me". Quite honestly, I was scared as HELL, in tears during all of my trips to the grocery store. I was off gluten, back on......off again...back on....etc......it didn't mean I ignored it since August. How dare anyone make these assumptions about me!!!

My jest at "said the girl who ate McD's" was in reference to the irony. And when I put "disease" in quotes, it wasn't meant as a "joke". It was due to the fact that I didn't know HOW to classify it. I've read disease..I've read disorder...I've read MANY different things that it's been classified as.

I ate gluten because I had nothing else.

I am on food assistance. I NEVER like to admit that. My husband's bonuses and incentives have gone down the CAN since 2008. He works full time at the same job for 15 years and there you go.......the income dropped as of 2008.

I am hurting with joint pain...10 hours of sleep is not enough...and I have yet to go into a grocery store without tears trying to figure out my own food needs (do I REALLY want to pay $2/pound for grapes?) and make decisions to pick things for my kids to eat or me. It's easy for many of you to just criticize me and tell me how easy it is to eat gluten free when you've done this for way longer than myself and probably on a little more of a budget than myself.

My family isn't gluten-free. I can't replace pots and pans ($$). I can't even find a cheap toaster at this time of year (Christmas) to call my own (yes, some shelves are BARE in their slot).

IT IS WHAT IT IS. It's not excuses. IT IS WHAT IT IS. I am doing the best that I can do with what I have monetarily and what I have knowledge-wise.

But if you read this initial post, you will see that I LEARNED my lesson. And if it means eating Chex cereals for the rest of my life...so be it.

I think it's great that most of you have an easy time with this. I am not.

Where are the "YAY! You "get it"" Posts? Or the "Good for you for realizing the repercussions" posts?

instead, I am met with the critical posts making my experiences about everyone else but me??

So much for support.

What a negative environment WOW.

If a white horse means treating others THIS way, I'd rather do without, thanks. I left high school 22 years ago.

**POOF** Color me out.
**POOF** Out.

#20 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:54 PM

I was off gluten, back on......off again...back on....etc......it didn't mean I ignored it since August. How dare anyone make these assumptions about me!!!

You did not really read what I said. I did not judge you.

You cannot go off gluten and then, back on.
It does not work that way. You will not heal that way.
That's the whole point.

My grocery bill does not cost any more because I am gluten-free
My grocery bill is actually less because I buy PLAIN FOOD, not gluten filled crap.

We ALL had it rough at DX.
Do you think you are the only one who struggled and had to figure this out?

I went through a learning process, but I never would purposefully cheat.
My brain was so affected and my body was so debilitated and I had trouble thinking straight..

None of us are rich. We do understand this is difficult.

And I live in horrible pain every single day. It is better, but it takes a long time to stop.
If it stops at all. There is only one way to stop the progression of the disease--NO gluten.

You do not have to replace all your pots and pans, unless they are teflon and scratched.

I want you to feel better sooner than I have. There's only one way. Stay off gluten.

For the same amount of money it costs to buy something at McD's--you could have purchased
burger meat at the store.

I think you are simply not hearing what we are saying.

OR perhaps like many of us, you have a "gluten head" that makes you feel overwhelmed, anxious. unable to cope and just plain irritable. Been there, done that! WE GET IT!!

I wish you well and that is where all of these comments come from--my desire to see

YOU feeling WELL. :).

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#21 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:01 PM

Eventually you wil be able to join the anti-rustlers, get your own white horse, and pound on newbies like yourself. Some of us have had very serious situations because of gluten and celiac disease, and some still do too. Not every issue resolves after going gluten-free for some people.

I know you are probably just kidding here, but I did not write my heartfelt post with the intent of "pounding on a newbie".

I wanted her to see that she has to eliminate gluten once and for all so she can feel better --not keep dabbling in it --and it does not help the situation to have it characterized that way. :(

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#22 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:11 PM

I'm sorry this hit you so hard. Reading your posts it really seemed you weren't getting it.

I think we (I) wanted you to have the chance of stopping short of some of the rubbish we went through. We have been where you are too.

I am SO glad you really really get it now.

I hope you find you can stick around. I have been at it about as long as you. I can't tell how much I have got from these guys.

Good wishes
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#23 GF Lover

GF Lover

Melanoma Warrior

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:18 PM

Choosing to take the appropriate steps to control a disease IS easy. Would you take a pill everyday to control your blood pressure? Would you avoid donuts if you had a heart attack? Sure you would. Choosing to eat gluten free does not have to cost more if you choose the right foods. These same foods can be enjoyed by your whole family. Why? It is still food. There are no judgements in these replys. There are opinions, suggestions, and experience. This disease has no economic bounds, does not care if you work or not and does not care about your family portrait. It is what it is, a disease.

I wish you well.

Colleen

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

*BiPolar, Major Depression, Anxiety *Hypothyroidism, *Celiac

*Metastatic Melanoma, *Immunotherapy Mitigated Vitiligo, *General Insanity

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Are We There Yet? and Dad says...All you have to do it ride it out.

Comments/views/opinions expressed on the site are my own and are not representative of Forum Admin/Owner

gingerbread-man-smiley-emoticon.gif

#24 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:08 PM

To the original poster, there is something I would like to share with you.

Some time ago I attended a work function where they showed videos of the
'higher ups' talking about the state of the company and blah-de-blah. Go, team,
yeah we get it. There is one thing that the vice president (now president) of the
company said that has stuck with me ever since, and that I try to apply to
everything I do, especially here on the board.

He said, "If you don't understand me, it's not because you didn't hear it right.
It's because I didn't say it right."

Too often, we forget that we are only able to see things through our own eyes.
We are not capable of seeing things the way other people do, so sometimes it
is hard to understand why we're not getting through, when it seems so clear to
us.

Please accept my apologies on behalf of the other members of the board, if you
feel that you have been mistreated or trod upon in any way. Their intent is to protect
anyone else who comes along and sees careless messages about 'I can't stay gluten
free', because really, you can. If all you eat is plain ground beef and white rice, you
can. It is possible. I understand that your brain isn't working properly right now, and
that this is very hard to wrap your head around. I am glad that you understand the
consequences of not complying with the diet and I hope that the next time you are
this hungry, you will go to the grocery store and get plain ground beef and white rice
instead of a burger at McDonald's.

Like Colleen, I speak from a place of understanding the consequences, as I watched
my father die of leukemia when I was 22 years old. It is fear FOR you that prompts
all of the replies you see, and I hope you can see it as such.
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

#25 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:46 PM

i am poor, too. (husband has worked the same job for 15 years too! and is now *back up* to 2/3 of his pay/work schedule. for now. who knows what this wonderful economy will bring??) it sucks and blows at the same time. but, mcdonalds came 'off the table' when i was diagnosed - out of respect for this wonderful man who watches me spend his hard earned cash on a six-dollar loaf of bread and boar's head lunchmeat while i buy the cheap stuff to feed him. you can adjust your food bill (i can buy 6 loaves of 'regular' bread or one loaf of udis - i get it) he insists i do not go back to work because he is so worried i won't eat right (i was 97 lbs i am 5'7" tall - he was watching me starve to death pre-diagnosis) or that someone will cc me and i will be sick sick sick again. if you need cheap ideas, pm me i'm so tight i squeak!!

i am so surprised by how things smell to me now that have gluten/unhealthy for me things in them - i am also surprised that you could have the appetite to eat it - honestly, it smells like puke to me anymore!! the kids were home for thanxgiving and they got some fast food and it smelled absolutely disgusting. i thought somebody threw up or a dog puked or something - i looked all over the house until i realized what it was (sonic. eewww) good for you for realizing it's not worth the cheat. stay healthy - i try extra hard for that guy who worries so about his wife. he must like her a little.

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

#26 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,791 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:59 PM

I ate gluten because I had nothing else.

I am on food assistance. I NEVER like to admit that.

We always have to make sure we have something safe with us. Whether it is an apple, a baggie with Snyder's gluten-free pretzels and raisens with some chocolate chips tossed in, some cheese and a baggie of crakers, a banana or a gluten free cookie or whatever you like that is portable it is very important to have something safe on hand for the times when those around us just have to go eat somewhere we can't. Or make sure you eat at home before you go rushing out the door.
If you have a food pantry near by let them know you are gluten free. They can give you rice instead of pasta and some may even sub in more fruits and veggies for the stuff like the soup and pasta that they might normally give out. If you haven't already checked to see if your town has one do so. No one likes to go to them but they can make a big difference.
It is hard when our food budgets are so limited. Many of us here struggle also. If you haven't done a lot of cooking it can be hard at first. Go for simple stuff. I eat a lot of rice, ground beef, chicken, frozen veggies and fruits and beans. Some of the easy stuff that is quick are many prepared pasta sauces, Minute Rice, Dinty Moore Beef stew, most sandwich meats etc are all examples of everyday non-specialty (read not expensive) foods that are safe. For your favorite stuff that you already use just stick the name in a search engine with the words 'gluten free' and many times the companies gluten statis will show up. Do check out the recipe section.
I am glad your latest reaction has convinced you to stick to the diet. Your kids need you and you need you to be healthy.
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

#27 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:00 PM

I know you are probably just kidding here, but I did not write my heartfelt post with the intent of "pounding on a newbie".

I wanted her to see that she has to eliminate gluten once and for all so she can feel better --not keep dabbling in it --and it does not help the situation to have it characterized that way. :(

Well, she understands that in her first post in this thread. She said shje wan't going to "cheat" anymore after her MCD experience.

SERIOUSLY????????

I am hurting with joint pain...

I think it's great that most of you have an easy time with this. I am not.

Where are the "YAY! You "get it"" Posts? Or the "Good for you for realizing the repercussions" posts?

instead, I am met with the critical posts making my experiences about everyone else but me??

So much for support.

What a negative environment WOW.

If a white horse means treating others THIS way, I'd rather do without, thanks. I left high school 22 years ago.

**POOF** Color me out.

OK, I agree with you on the support aspect. Sometimes people here seem to forget what if feels like to be new to the gluten-free diet. It is not a simple change for many people, and it is not easy for many people when they start out. Heck, some people know they need to be gluten-free and just refuse to do it. They live in denial and go on eating gluten and making themselves sick. That's a sad situation.

I made the white horse comments as kind of a joking way to let the other posters hopefully see that they were being a little strident towards you. Unfortunately whenever a topic title comes up with the word "cheating" people get all agitated and strident in their phrasing and bascially go overboard on it. It's an overreaction in my opinion that happens repeatedly on celiac com and is not helpful to new people. I don't think people always consider how it feels to receive such fourceful comments as a new person to the forum.

You said you were sticking to the diet in the first post, but they didn't pay attention to that. The word "cheating" turned on their response to squash all thoughts of any cheating by anyone, anywhere ever.

Well, that's a sad thing, because these people are actually very nice individuals and extremely helpful to new people most of the time. Don't get me wrong, I don't think cheating on the gluten-free diet is good either. But I don't think every mention of the word deserves an extreme reaction.

But I have learned that that's how people here do things and it just doesn't make sense to me. I've probably done the same thing myself at times, but I try not to anymore.

I am sorry also that you got such a "loud" response, just because you said the word "cheating".

FYI, nightshades can often cause joint pain, and soy. Nightshades are potatoes, peppers, tomatoes, and eggplant.

I spend less money on food than before going gluten-free. After a while you can learn to eat simpler foods and avoid all the processed foods. All that packaging and extra cehmicals and advertising costs money, and that cost is passed on to you in the prodct price.

Please give the members here another chance, as they are a great bunch of people usually. Just don't say that "C" word again. and you will see what I mean.
Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

#28 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:01 PM

i am poor, too. (husband has worked the same job for 15 years too! and is now *back up* to 2/3 of his pay/work schedule. for now. who knows what this wonderful economy will bring??) it sucks and blows at the same time. but, mcdonalds came 'off the table' when i was diagnosed - out of respect for this wonderful man who watches me spend his hard earned cash on a six-dollar loaf of bread and boar's head lunchmeat while i buy the cheap stuff to feed him. you can adjust your food bill (i can buy 6 loaves of 'regular' bread or one loaf of udis - i get it) he insists i do not go back to work because he is so worried i won't eat right (i was 97 lbs i am 5'7" tall - he was watching me starve to death pre-diagnosis) or that someone will cc me and i will be sick sick sick again. if you need cheap ideas, pm me i'm so tight i squeak!!.... stay healthy - i try extra hard for that guy who worries so about his wife. he must like her a little.

Okay, I have tears in my eyes right now. I have a hubs like yours. My recovery is all that matters to him as I am sure the OP's hubs feels the same way.
If you were standing right here in front of me right now, I would give you the biggest hug. Simply put, you rock, girl!

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#29 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:34 PM

. Sometimes people here seem to forget what if feels like to be new to the gluten-free diet. It is not a simple change for many people, and it is not easy for many people when they start out. Heck, some people know they need to be gluten-free and just refuse to do it. They live in denial and go on eating gluten and making themselves sick. That's a sad situation.
It's an overreaction in my opinion that happens repeatedly on celiac com and is not helpful to new people. I don't think people always consider how it feels to receive such fourceful comments as a new person to the forum.

You said you were sticking to the diet in the first post, but they didn't pay attention to that.

Wow.

The loving members of this community have all been listening and helping the OP for weeks. She said herself she is "off and on" gluten and her many posts (and one thread just a few days ago) reflect someone who is not really understanding this is not an "on and off " option.

I am a very empathetic person --to a fault sometimes-- and I am not really appreciating being painted in any other way.
Did I not compile the Newbie 101 thread BECAUSE I understood how difficult it is to begin a gluten-free life? I spend hours and hours on here helping the newly diagnosed BECAUSE I understand how difficult it is.

This response today--- from these caring members--- is not just because of THIS post. It is because they have been worried about her for weeks!! And they have answered her many posts, trying to help.

But, this post was one more indication that she is not getting the fact that there can be NO gluten in her diet anymore---or she will still feel lousy.

It's not about "Cheating". It's about learning to live with celiac and adapting and not making excuses.

No one is judging. No one is "over reacting". On the contrary, they just care.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#30 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:27 PM

And one more thing .....because it was not lost on me, because I DO READ every single word someone writes--

Colleen, my sweet!!

My love and support to you. I know we talk on PMs, but I want you to know that I hold you in my thoughts every single day.
Your are a warrior princess, honey. Keep me posted.

And for the record, with all due respect,
I do not know why I need anyone to chastise me or to apologize on my behalf for anything I said , as I simply offered words in support.

As we all did.

NOTE: This AM, 2 members have expressed the same discomfort at having their words "interpreted as pounding on her " and did not like having someone apologize on their behalf either.

This is a forum of support, not enabling.

I will never, ever say eating at McDonald's is a good thing. Sorry. I won't.

With all loving kindness, IH

Edited by IrishHeart, 28 November 2012 - 05:19 AM.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: