19 replies to this topic

#16 confused123

confused123

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:16 PM

Have you received your biopsy results back? I have not heard from my GI yet, and my procedure was over a week ago. He did say it would take 7-10 days, but I think I'm going to call tomorrow anyways. I have been gluten-free for a week and I still do not feel well after I eat and I think it is from the gastritis and I can not wait to start feeling better. I also started taking Acidophilus and I am hoping this helps with my GI tract. Keep me updated on your results. :D

Not yet! He said it was going to be about a week so I am hoping he calls tomorrow. I haven't gone gluten-free just because something tells me to get tested with the whole panel in case results come back negative (I only had the Ttg Iga and total IGA tests done). I am just so worried to be left without answers! He didn't see any abnormalities to the naked eye so we'll see what the results say. I don't even know how many biopsies he took! Ugh. Even though I am not gluten-free yet I haven't been heavily glutening myself. My knees hurt and my stomach bothers me constantly! I don't think this is just a matter of non-erosive gastritis but we'll see. Please keep us posted on your results as well!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 Darkfire Ann

Darkfire Ann

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:16 AM

I have Panic Disorder. I am on SSDI because of it. So I was terrified of having the endo. My anesthesiologist was a godsend. He knocked me out cold and I felt nothing and woke up right as rain and thirsty. Got dressed, got a nice frozen bottle of water from the nurse and Hubby took me home where I slept all day because the extra Xanax the doctor had me take. My throat didn't really hurt I think because of the nice cold ice water I got as soon as I was conscious enough to swallow. However, I was clean for 9 months. They found GERD damage and stopped looking so it was a waste of time for me. My GI was also very ANTI-Celiac. He believed it to be in vogue. He was fired.

#18 confused123

confused123

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:55 AM

I have Panic Disorder. I am on SSDI because of it. So I was terrified of having the endo. My anesthesiologist was a godsend. He knocked me out cold and I felt nothing and woke up right as rain and thirsty. Got dressed, got a nice frozen bottle of water from the nurse and Hubby took me home where I slept all day because the extra Xanax the doctor had me take. My throat didn't really hurt I think because of the nice cold ice water I got as soon as I was conscious enough to swallow. However, I was clean for 9 months. They found GERD damage and stopped looking so it was a waste of time for me. My GI was also very ANTI-Celiac. He believed it to be in vogue. He was fired.

Hi Darkfire Ann! So were you ever diagnosed with Celiac after all? Did you have blood tests done? What did you do after your endo? Are you gluten free? Just curious to see what road you took after the procedure! :D

#19 Darkfire Ann

Darkfire Ann

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:50 AM

Hi Darkfire Ann! So were you ever diagnosed with Celiac after all? Did you have blood tests done? What did you do after your endo? Are you gluten free? Just curious to see what road you took after the procedure! :D

I had blood tests, all negative, I was 9 months clean. My Endo was a idiot. BUT he did send me to the allergist/immunologist. I was found to be allergic to: Wheat, Corn, Rice, Banana, Cantaloupe, Peaches, Carrots, Crab, Tuna, Fish, Shrimp, Barely, Oats, Hops, and Rye. Patch tested for Nickel, PPD, Black Rubber, Latex, Tylenol and ALL household/environmental allergies. Again, blood tests all negative.(I think need copies was 3 yrs ago) He also DXed me Celiac and warned against Dairy. We kinda fought over that.I was gluten-free at the time over 9 months clean. I wasn't for a while(long story) and now have the worst DH rash I have seen except maybe one or two pictures look worse than mine. Derm also Dxed me with DH rash Celiac Sprue. My Iron is tanked and am on pills but I am on 100MG Dapsone a day so it's a slippery Iron slope. The Derm did the test to make sure I can take Dapsone. He also did IFA,ANA which is positive now with a titer of 1:40 and a speckled pattern.

#20 confused123

confused123

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:12 AM

Hello! Quick update:

After waiting almost 2 weeks for my endo results, I got a call from the nurse yesterday who said the doctor wanted to see me for my results. After a moment of TOTAL PANIC :blink: and after she scheduled me for the appointment I asked what he had said and if it was something bad. She then just said, "Oh no, that's what I was going to say next. It is nothing bad so no worries." SIGH, ummmm, maybe you should start by saying that when you call people?!? SIGH.

Anyway, has anyone else have had to go back to discuss results? I am still a little worried but she did say "nothing bad, no worries".

My appt. is on Monday, will update then! And please let me know your thoughts or if you have gone through the same.

Thanks everybody! :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: