This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Hand Cream?

abby03

abby03 Contributor

My hands are extremely dry and cracked and just start bleeding whenever they feel like it and it's really painful and I'm looking for a really good hand cream or lotion or something that's gluten free and works really well. Please please please if anyone knows of any products that are really good let me know because this is driving me insane. I have Amlactin but I'm not sure if it's gluten free. I've also been using neosporin but I need some type of actual cream instead of an ointment. Please help!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

GF Lover Rising Star

Eucerin in very good. Check the gluten-free statis. I have also used cotton gloves at night with gobs of hand cream. Kicks it in the button.

Good luck

Colleen

shadowicewolf Proficient

I use vanicream :)

CarolinaKip Community Regular

I use the CeraVe line.

NJceliac Apprentice

I like the CeraVe as well. I also use Desert Essence which I buy at whole foods. It comes in unscented which I prefer.

Em314 Explorer

I use Aquaphor when my hands get super-dry; also use it as a chapstick substitute (whether it be related to celiac or not, I started havig a ghastly reaction to chapstick years ago and switched to Aquaphor at my doctor's reccommendation). It feels kinda icky but you get used to it and it works wonders. Dunno what its gluten-free status is but it looks like it ought to be OK: Open Original Shared Link

I (obviously) agree with "gluten-free Lover" about Eucarin- their products *in general* are pretty good (though their face lotion gave me acne). Eucarin lotion also takes some getting used to, but it's good stuff.

Fire Fairy Enthusiast

I use Dessert Essence Organics

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mendylou Rookie

I don't know if you are familiar with this product. I grew up on a dairy farm & the product I have found most useful is called Bag Balm. It was used to treat cows udders from harsh winter weather. It comes in a green can, 10 oz. On the label is printed Dairy Association Co, Inc,Lyndonville,VT 05851. In the midwest it is readily available at stores that carry cattle, pet, horse products.

sa1937 Community Regular

I don't know if you are familiar with this product. I grew up on a dairy farm & the product I have found most useful is called Bag Balm. It was used to treat cows udders from harsh winter weather. It comes in a green can, 10 oz. On the label is printed Dairy Association Co, Inc,Lyndonville,VT 05851. In the midwest it is readily available at stores that carry cattle, pet, horse products.

Yes, I do have Bag Balm. A lot of gardners also use it. I also have CeraVe, which I like and which doesn't have the medicinal smell of Bag Balm.

Archived