arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Not Trying Enough New Foods...scared Of Allergies..

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#61 Juliebove

Juliebove

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:43 AM

I don't know if there is a test or not. I imagine you could google it or ask your doctor. But I DO know that I can't take ibuprofen or naproxin. (Advil, Motrin, or Aleve.) I don't get an allergic reaction, but my prosiasis flares like fire, and my jaw gets unbelievably bad. All I can take is Tylenol.

Interesting! My gastro told me I can only take Tylenol and I don't because when I have tried it in the past, it didn't do a danged thing. I do have psoriasis. Just not sure what makes it worse.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#62 Juliebove

Juliebove

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:44 AM

I really would like to know if i have an aspirin allergy i have to say because my husbands aunt who is also celiac said that means you can't even have motrin etc. It would be really nice to know if i actually have an allergy to that is there a test?

An allergist can test you for whatever you think you need to be tested for.

#63 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:32 AM

Asprin and moltren are part of the same family NSAIDS (http://en.wikipedia....flammatory_drug). IF you have an allergy to one of those, consider the rest off limits because they all act in a similar manner (this also includes but is not limited to alieve and advil). You do not want this allergy at all. There is no testing as far as i know. It is very difficult to live with if you have body pain issues (joint and muscle aches) because what is left really doesn't touch it. You also have to run everything by a pharmacist to ensure that there is no NSAIDS in the medication that you wish to take.

Like mentioned, talking to an allergist might be a good idea if you are concerned about such things.

#64 finally diagnosed

finally diagnosed

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:26 AM

Here's a direct link to where they talk about when you re-introduce to be careful. http://salicylatesen...vity.com/info5/

Have you read the disclaimer on the lower left of this web site. the person who made this website is not a clinician . you have to be careful of what you read and make a decision on your own when you want to eat foods again. as for the allergy testing the only thing you can't do before testing is have any antihistamines 7- 10 days prior due to it will mess with testing. it seems to me that maybe you were eating too many jalapeno chips or too much of one food that can cause GERD symptoms. sometimes we can get diarrhea becuase of a stomach bug and not from a reaction to foods or gluten. if you like a certain food it should be everything in moderation.. also you need to be cafeful with some tomato paste because there is a brand out there for the italian seasoning one that does contain wheat.. try to relax and enjoy your life each day is precious and there are plenty of foods out there for you to enjoy... baby steps

#65 1desperateladysaved

1desperateladysaved

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:47 AM

I did a blood test for IGG food intolerances. Some of my experience with it is posted in my blog. The idea of the test is to find antibodies for specific foods. If there are antibodies to it, one's body is treating it as foreign matter which it should attack. Don't panic, however, a rotational diet can stay ahead of the body's fight. To make this basic one eats the same things for one 24 hour period and then you wait to eat it again for four days. I don't understand why this works, but so far I am feeling better after starting to try to do it.

You can also do a blood test for your IGE level, or for IGE reactions to foods. This might give you an idea if you are having true allergic reactions to food. These CAN BE very dangerous. But I believe it is rare to die of them. If there is a true allergy you would need to avoid the food forever.

I know the feeling of being afraid to add foods in. Some days lately I feel like going hungry rather than settling the question what to eat. Thus far I am still eating. I found some foods like eggs, chicken, and cucumber that I had been eatings, but didn't have anti-bodies for. This meant my body handles them well. Yet, I don't want to overdue them and risk problems with them, so the rotational diet is my recent attempt. Maybe you could try considering the positive values of the food as you are adding.

Such as Fish:
Vitamin A
Vitamin B
Some are high in healthy fatty acids.
The desperate Lady feels better when she eats it.

There are so many foods to try. Maybe you could try some that you have never tried. Fennel bulb is a vegetable that has a light licorice flavor. I think foods you have not tried, are not as likely to cause a reaction as one's you haven't overeaten in the past. I recently bought noodles made from kelp. My whole family seemed to like them!

Just because someone else on the forum has a particular food it doesn't mean you will. I do use the forum for ideas also, but you still need to reason and try it out for yourself. I hate to have someone strung out with worry about it.

If you want lists of foods to try let us know. I have all of the foods that were on my food intolerance tests. That would be an easy list. It is mostly common foods, though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: