Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Questions For You All? Leaky Gut?

7 posts in this topic

Hello everyone! I've been gluten-free, nut free, soy free and tomato free. I still have bloating in the evenings. Sometimes more than others. It seems I cannot eat raw veggies or anything raw, it is worse then. I love fresh veggies and fruit, but can only do berries. My bloat seems to come on at the same time of night with mild cramping. Am I totally crazy or does this sound familiar. Any ideas or suggestions welcomed!

Ads by Google:

Two years in, I was in much the same place as you, minus a few more foods. It was suggested I still had a leaky gut and I dismissed the idea after all I had done and all the foods I had eliminated and all the supplements I had taken. Nevertheless, on expert advice, I went on a fairly involved supplementation program, the most important of which I believe was the probiotic VSL#3. Since that time I have not "lost" any more foods, can tolerate corn starch and potato starch (just keep me away from the lectins) and soy lecithin, which has simplified my life a lot. And funnily enough, since this past summer when I was on a nasogastric feeding tube being fed something my husband approved as safe for me (some kind of non-corn, non-gluten slurry :P ) my residual bloating and belching seems to have gone away :ph34r: Touching wood whilst keying that in. VSL#3 is expensive, but for me I believe it is what worked to finally heal me up.

After 18 months on a strict gluten-free diet and still having problems, a doctor recommended that I put one scoop of Metagenics UltraClear Sustain Medical Food into my smoothie every day. After two weeks, I felt as though I'd never had celiac. Life was good...and my digestion was great.

Rosetapper, what is in your product and where do we get it? Where do we get VSL #3 as well?

Rosetapper, what is in your product and where do we get it? Where do we get VSL #3 as well?

VSL#3 can be ordered online. Just google it.