12 replies to this topic

#1 VeggieGal

VeggieGal

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:43 AM

Hi, this is my first day on here and I'm so glad I found it ! but how do I write a 'blog' and make/add new friends? Also, do we each have a profile on here which can be updated?
Thanks, Helen
Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:16 AM

http://www.celiac.co...3762-veggiegal/

Is your profile, and if you hold your mouse over someone's name a box pops up, and there's a little picture of a person on it next to the 'send message' button. Clicking on that little person will add that person as a friend.
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#3 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,234 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:23 AM

Hi, this is my first day on here and I'm so glad I found it ! but how do I write a 'blog' and make/add new friends? Also, do we each have a profile on here which can be updated?
Thanks, Helen

Click on your name/ pic to get to your profile. That is how Jess got the link. Also in the top right corner you should see your name with a pull down. When you look at your profile, you will see your personal info like address. The rest of us don't see that. Click on anyone's picture or sign out and look at your profile as a " guest" and you can see what is visible to others.

At the top of the main page is the word blog. Click on it to make a blog. On some screens you have to choose " more" to get the blog choice.

The friends thing doesn't do much on this forum as far as I have seen. It's not like FB where it tells you if your friends posted.

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

#4 VeggieGal

VeggieGal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:18 AM

Thanks both of you..think i was struggling because i was using app on my phone rather than the full site. I'll give it a go ;)

#5 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:26 AM

Dratted techie kids. Use a computer like the rest of us old folks.
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#6 VeggieGal

VeggieGal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:06 AM

Lol im 43! ...i rarely use computer as my son hogs it !!

#7 USF1970

USF1970

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:58 PM

Hi VeggieGal - You responded to my request regarding biscuit recipes. Thank you....I've tried to respond to your post but keep getting an error so I'm sending my reply this way:

"Are you from the UK by any chance? Here in the US, we refer to biscuits as a type of roll - unsweet. I believe in the UK, biscuits are what we call cookies. At any rate, many thanks for your reply. I greatly enjoy the peanut butter cookies/biscuits made from the same recipe you sent. Many thanks and have a wonderful holiday."

#8 VeggieGal

VeggieGal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 02:52 PM

Hi USF1970, sorry only just seen your reply.

Yes I'm from the uk, oh I didnt realise .. we learn something everyday as they say :) .

Thanks for replying .. and hope you've had a Happy Christmas day :)

#9 Guest_bwackmusic_*

Guest_bwackmusic_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:23 AM

Thanks, Helen

I,too, am a first dayer. I figured out that I am gluten intolerant on Monday. I saw my doctor on Wednesday, and as I explained my symptoms, a look of shock and relief came over his face. I have had sinus issues and cough for almost 3 years, but no congestion in my lungs. Then there was the pain. Pasta, a former friend, was a staple in my diet. I never watch the medical shows on afternoon tv, but ,luckily for me, wandered into the room and heard a woman describing celiac, and thought she was talking about me. what luck.

Yesterday I discovered that spicy is not my friend. Also , after a virtual life time of insomnia, I have been sleeping. The last time I slept for 8 hours was practically never. I have had a couple of bouts of GOUT that I now question. The pain in my feet and toes has disappeared since MONDAY. I stumbled, with pain free feet, onto the site when i asked a question about remission in a google search.I am giving this information to my doctor today. Bless all of you who are out there to help the rest of us. Anyone who is just starting to deal with this, be brave because if you have the reaction that I have had, the morning fog will go away and you will FEEL better. I read one post about stress being a trigger. I my case, I believe this is true. . I wish everyone well .

#10 VeggieGal

VeggieGal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:29 AM

Hi bwackmusic,
Welcome to the forum :) theres loads of info and helpful people on here so just ask loads of questions and hope you feel well soon :)

#11 anngf4life

anngf4life

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

Cleaned pantry and fridge....now I am gluten free...I think! I cooked a beef stew today with white rice and broccoli. I have had some signs but now I have read that it could take a while to get out of my system. How long before I can tell if I am Eaton g gluten free. A lot of the products say gluten-free but I am just so confused on some products. I cannot live with this anymore, I am miserable. I believe that I acquired a hyperthyroidism condition also, when will that clear up? I need help, there are not alot of restaurants that offer gluten-free here in Louisiana. Oh and I also suffer with heartburn without any reason, what's up with that. Anyone else has that issue? Thanks ahead of time for any help from yall.

#12 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,057 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:39 PM

I have read that it could take a while to get out of my system.

The gluten will be out of your system within 48 to 72 hours. You will stop making antibodies, but the ones you already made will be in your system for several weeks. The damage they did to your body will take a few months to heal. Be patient.
Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

#13 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:24 PM

Try to eat fresh, whole foods as much as possible, meat, fish, vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds, rice. Save all the processed foods for later when you are more experienced (and healed). To make things a bit easier, try Udi's bread and Tinkyada pasta, and Pamela's baking mix for cookies, pancakes, etc. Your intestinal tract will thank you for it.
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009