Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

What Is A Good Nondairy Buttertype Product. For Baking?

• Please log in to reply

4 replies to this topic

#1 mommyto2kids

mommyto2kids

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:09 PM

My aunt told me the name and now I forgot? Please remind me what else I could use in cookies, pancakes, toast etc.
Thanks.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:14 PM

My aunt told me the name and now I forgot? Please remind me what else I could use in cookies, pancakes, toast etc.
Thanks.

There's actually a lot of options. You can go old-school and use lard. There is palm shortening,
my personal fave for greasing pans and biscuit-y type baking. Some people use actual butter
imitation products, like Earth Balance. A lot of people are finding success with using coconut oil
as a direct butter replacement in a lot of baking recipes and for cooking as well.
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

#3 gfreejz

gfreejz

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:32 PM

Thanks.

"Smart balance" or "I can't believe its not butter" both with olive oil is what I use and is well tolerated by myself and is dairy/gluten free

#4 Takala

Takala

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,555 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:48 PM

You would be surprised with what you can make with "just" olive oil. :)

#5 love2travel

love2travel

ńĆeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:03 PM

The word you may be thinking of is ghee. All you do is melt butter and skim off the milk solids (that is where the lactose resides). You cannot replace butter or ghee one for one with most fats unless they are solid at room temperature.
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: