Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Am I Celiac, Gluten Sensitive Or Neither

1 post in this topic

Dear Doctor,

I have recently had the celiac panel tests done and the results have confused me. Could you please tell me whether I am 'Celiac' or 'Gluten sensitive' and whether I need to go Gluten Free.

I am a 51 year old male.

I shall be most obliged to have a reply.

Regards

Rajesh Sood

TEST RESULTS

Endomysial Antibody IgA(1:10), serum by IF : NEGATIVE

tTG, Tissue Transgluasminase IgA by EIA. : NEGATIVE (Below 0.2)

( biological reference interval: NEGATIVE : Ratio less than 1

POSITIVE. : Ratio equal or more than 1)

Gliadin Antibody IgA, serum by EIA. : POSITIVE (55.2) CORRELATE CLINICALLY

( biological reference interval: NEGATIVE <25 RU/mL

POSITIVE >25RU/mL)

Gliadin Antibody IgG, serum by EIA. : NEGATIVE (6.05)

( biological reference interval: NEGATIVE <25 RU/mL

POSITIVE >25RU/mL)

EIA : Enzyme Immunoassay

Sent from my iPad

Ads by Google:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• A good diet for avoiding type 2 diabetes
      Hey, I am a member of that forum (not very active though).  But that's exactly how I eat.  They base their diet on this site: http://www.phlaunt.com/diabetes/ A year after my celiac disease diagnosis, my GP tells me that I am prediabetic via an email.  Instructs me to improve my diet and exercise more.  What?  I exercise more that most my age.  I run, swim, bike and teach a few exercise classes.  Change my diet?  I am gluten free.  I can not give up my gluten-free goodies!  It was asking for too much.  But I did know about celiac disease and the connection to Type 1 diabetes and Type 2 runs in my family.  So I found Jenny's site.  It made sense and I continued to research more.  Bought a Walmart meter, started testing my foods and found that "snap" I had huge spikes!  Kept meticulous data for a month and went back to my doctor.  He agreed.  I am insulin resistant and the writing's on the wall.  How to stop or slow the progression?  A low carb high fat diet.  Within three days, my blood sugar readings were normal.  Keep tracking and went back to my doctor who was amazed.  He told me to keep doing what I had been doing -- and it's been 2-1/2 years! Here's a recent study from the University of Alabama: https://www.uab.edu/news/innovation/item/4997-low-carb-diet-recommended-for-diabetics Sometimes you just have to take things into your own hands.  If I had just cut down on sugar, I 'd be on drugs and insulin and struggling to keep my feet from being amputated.  That's an exaggeration (not really), but really who cares if my foot gets chopped off?  My doctor?  He's nice, but pretty busy.  No, it's all on me!   Guess what?  I am happy on my diet.  I was addicted to sugar.  What's the biggest thing to change in our diet over the last 100 years?  Sugar.  It's in everything!  California just released a study stating over 50% of all Californians are prediabetic or have diabetes and most don't even know they have it (hummm....sounds like celiac disease).   http://newsroom.ucla.edu/releases/majority-of-california-adults-have-prediabetes-or-diabetes Enough of my soapbox talk......I've got to get some stuff done!  
    • healthy bread recipe?
      One month into the diet and she's probably very constipated because she HAS celiac disease.  She needs more time to heal.  Maybe six months to a year.  Why so long?  In theory, she should heal within weeks, but it takes a long time to really master the gluten free diet and learn about cross contamination and shared manufacturing lines.  Plus, consuming lots of gluten-free items right off the bat, may be contributing more to her health problems.  We had kids on this forum who did not drop their antibody levels until they eliminated processed foods.  20 parts per million may just be too much for her to handle right now. I would recommend reading our Newbie 101 section under "Coping".  It has some nice tips.  I would strongly recommend feeding her whole foods.  She can get plenty of fiber from fruit and veggies.  I do not even eat any grains at all, but that's my choice because grains spike my blood sugar just the same as cane sugar (I have diabetes too).   After she has healed, you can introduce breads and all kinds of junk food!     By then you will not remember what real bread tastes like.  Ask my non-celiac kid.  She's likes gluten-free pasta now.  She admits that she has forgotten what real pasta tastes like.  She adores all my baked-from-scratch gluten free cakes and cookies (that I can not eat! ) When I was diagnosed, my learning curve was easy.  My hubby had been gluten free for 12 years!  So, I ate like him.  Turns out that I was reacting.  Found out that because I was in the healing stage, I could not tolerate additives like Xanthan Gum (really needed to replace gluten in bread), preservatives, etc.  found in commercial breads and baking flour mixes.  I had lots of food intolerances that eventually resolved and some did not!   Okay. Villi damaged but not gone?  Is your doctor crazy?  Your daughter has celiac disease!  I strongly recommend getting her records and lab results and getting a second opinion.  She should have been diagnosed by now.  You should be looking into keeping her safe at school with a 504 plan (but a 12 she shouldn't be playing with playdough, but colleges will have to accommodate her diet and that's coming up faster than you think!)   Welcome to the forum!  I hope this helps.  
    • Received Results. Looks like not Celiac?
      If I were in your shoes, I would first test out a histamine intolerance diet before going gluten free.  Migraines and  fatigue seems to scream histamine intolerance.  It's most widely known in Europe, but it is gaining some ground here in the US.   But, I am not a doctor and I do not know you.  What I can suggest is that you do some research and continue to advocate for your health.   If you go gluten free, then it's six months.  If you had celiac disease, it would take that long to heal or longer!  It's a hard diet to follow when your results are negative, but nothing's impossible!  
    • My doctor suspects Coeliac Disease ?
      Money.  It costs more to run a celiac panel.  For years the TTG has been the recommended screening test for celiac disease.  It catches most, but not all celiacs.  It's a pretty good test, but no test is perfect.  You are going forward with the endoscopy.  Make sure your GI takes 4 to 6 tissue samples (biopsy) because just a "visual" often looks fine (visually I was fine, biopsies revealed a Marsh Stage IIIB).   So, keep eating gluten.  My advice is to eat all your old favorite things.....it might be your last chance!   The good news is that you are getting closer to getting a diagnosis which will result in improved health (if you go gluten free).  
    • Received Results. Looks like not Celiac?
      Thank you so much.  I have not had those things ruled out, but will look into those.  I wonder how long I should try gluten-free to truly know if there is a difference?
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• celiac sharon  »  cyclinglady

Hello cycling lady, have you noticed my picture is showing up as you?  Have no idea why but it's rather disconcerting to see my picture and your words 😉  Do you know how to fix it?  You seem to have far more experience with this board than I do
      · 1 reply
    • Larry Gessner  »  cyclinglady

Hi There, I don't know if there is a place for videos in the forum. I just watched "The Truth About Gluten" I think it is a good video. I would like to share it somewhere but don't know where it should go. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      Here is the link if you have never watched it.
      https://youtu.be/IU6jVEwpjnE Thank You,
      Larry
      · 2 replies
    • ChiaChick  »  Peaceflower

Hi Peaceflower, Just wanted to say thank you for the chat.
      · 0 replies
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Fendell