Get email alerts Get E-mail Alerts Sponsor: Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE email alerts

Six Natural Foods That Work For Me. For Those Scared To Eat Anything.

6 posts in this topic

These make me feel good, nourish me, or just fill my body safely.

fennel bulb

Ads by Google:

Good list, and thank you for sharing it. It would be great if anyone else with only a handful of foods they can eat without problems could post their safe foods, too, to give everyone else ideas. I'm going to go try fennel now!

A cousin of a friend has severe fructose malabsorbtion, and your list is very close to his. He can eat: exclusively grass-fed bison; rice; fennel; and one other thing I forget. He has only four foods he can eat total, apparently.

For what it's worth --

My list:

rice (soaked overnight)

soaked polenta (soaked overnight)

almond milk

Wow! gluten-free baked goods

homemade pickles

-- I tried supposedly "wild Pacific salmon" and that didn't work out at all...but it was smoked with a glaze, so maybe that was why.

-- Almonds are difficult on my system, but almond milk is OK and I'm planning to try soaking the nuts to see if that helps with digestion.

-- Eggs cause malabsorbtion and so does bacon -- I think it's the fat (not allergic).

I don't have severe food problems anymore, but the foods I used to consider safe are:

Sweet potatoes

mine seem to be:

homemade soup

gluten free rice cakes

natural peanut butter

natural jelly w/no added sugar

gluten free/lactose free cheese

My youngest daughter had such an extreme celiac beginning... she spent more than a year eating nothing but:

white rice

plain chicken and salmon

And this list took her months to figure out. She reacted to every class of veggies, most fruits, and anything processed. She's finally able to eat lots more foods, but will always have a lot of intolerances... no dairy, several veggie and fruit classes, and others. But she's doing so well and is so healthy now!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• The Gluten Free Expo is the only certified international fair 
      dedicated to gluten free market and products.
      The fifth edition will be held in Rimini Fiera 
      from 19th to 22th November 2016. [] View the full article
    • 300 year old Charleston, South Carolina is internationally renowned for it's historic significance, unique architecture, Southern charm, coastal beauty and Low Country foods.  From Fort Moultrie during the American Revolution to Fort Sumter the scene of the first shots of the Civil War, this city has been involved historically. Rainbow Row, a colorful collection of houses and the mansions along the Battery offer the best examples of this glorious age. Area plantations and gardens offer a fascinating glimpse into the history and natural beauty of the Low Country.   We've put together a five (5) day Mini Getaway to give you a taste for the city and its many charms. Each of the Chefs have taken on my challenge to create delicious and memorable gluten-free meals. We will be eating at a variety of great restaurants offering us specially prepared foods of the area and more - gluten-free, of course.
      Staying at the beautiful and historic Mills House Wyndham House Wyndham Grand Hotel in the middle of the historic district we will explore in and around the city so that you can better appreciate a wide variety of the so many things to see and do.

We have arranged a Walking Tour of the Historic district; a Low Country Cooking Demonstration by the Executive Chef at the hotel; an all-day tour of the World Famous Magnolia Plantation & Gardens: Boat tour and visit to Fort Sumter.  And of course Gluten-free Dinners at a variety of great Charleston restaurants.
        We have left you free time for you to select other places you may want to visit, such as the USS Yorktown Carrier; Straw Market; Romantic Carriage rides: and so much more - like shopping.  You may even want to spend more time than we've arranged, but no worry - we can provide you with additional days at great rates.

We would love to have you join us in one of America's oldest cities with so much Southern Charm, history and things to see and enjoy.  Bring your family and friends - they don't have to be Gluten-free to enjoy this Getaway.   MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS by   JUNE 3, 2016  And receive an  EARLY BIRD SPECIAL  DISCOUNT  $25/PERSON
    • [] View the full article
    • The 2nd Annual Gluten-Free Oktoberfest in New York City is the first gluten-free event of its kind on the East Coast. gluten-free Oktoberfest was created so that people with gluten intolerance or celiac disease could safely come together and mingle while enjoying a selection of over 45 gluten-free ciders and beers and an unlimited amount of gluten free food. To add to the fun, meet some of the cider makers and brand ambassadors! Feast on a full gluten-free Oktoberfest menu with traditionally mouthwatering sausages, meatballs, pizza, pretzels, desserts, and much more.There will be vegetarian options too!  gluten-free Oktoberfest was founded by Jeffrey Reiss, founder and owner of Pie by the Pound, a New York City restaurant that specializes in the gluten ­free pizza. In 2004, Jeffrey discovered his own gluten intolerance and adopted a gluten ­free lifestyle. At his restaurant, Reiss prepares gluten ­free pizza, sandwiches, desserts and sells a wide variety of gluten ­free beer and cider, making Pie a food haven for the gluten­ free community. Reiss says he strives “to maintain one of the biggest menus of gluten free beer and cider on the East Coast with a rotating list of favorites. This will like be a sold out event and the tickets are non refundable. Rain or shine the event will still be taking place. Thanks so much. We look forward to seeing you there! Purchase tickets via secure eventbrite link below..   GFOKTOBERFEST.COM   PIEBYTHEPOUND.COM View the full article
    • Hi, I know this thread is old but I'm in Swansboro.  My husband and I moved here almost 6 years ago and I was diagnosed with Celiac 3 years ago.  I can't find a support group, meetup group or anyone else that has Celiac even close to me.  I would happily drive to Jacksonville or host a group if people are willing to come to Swansboro.  I've learned a lot during the past three years but still have trouble with groups, dining, out etc.
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member