liser

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:25 AM

hello,

this is my first post.

have been gluten free for almost 2 months. I tried this because of extreme fatigue, gas, anxiety and mouth sores. I have tested negative for celiac but was already gluten free for 5 weeks when tested.

I have had times felt almost normal ? I dont have to worry about the gas anymore- thank goodness, dont need to come home and immediately use the bathroom. I have been very careful about what I eat, checking everything. am starting to worry about cross contamination.., The mouth sores havent been as bad but just had an outbreak and it has me upset....

my dad was just tested for celiac and waiting for results, he has had ibs, takes 4 immodium daily and has neuropathy, he is now starting to go gluten free. I am taking my son in tomorrow to get tested as he has diarrhea regularly with fatigue and anxiety and he is willing to go gluten free?

I just was really hoping these mouth sores would go away?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 gatita

gatita

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:11 AM

Mouth sores can be a symptom of B vitamin deficiency (esp B2). Mine just showed up after four months gluten-free. From what I hear, this is a pretty common deficiency due to malabsorption that I guess (hope) gets better with time. Hopefully others with more experience will chime in here...

Diagnosed with wheat hates me 4/13

#3 a1956chill

a1956chill

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:33 AM

For me ,,mouth sores are a reaction to corn,, especially high fructose corn syurp

Gluten free Oct/09
Soy free Nov/10

numerous additional intolerances,, i.e. If it tries to kill me I do not eat it .
After 40+ years of misdiagnoses I was diagnosed with:
Dermatitis Herpetiformis : Positive DH biopsy...... Celiac :based on DH biopsy and diet response.

Osteoporosis before  age 50
Hashimoto's thyroiditis disease .

Diagnosed type 2 Diabetes 

Osteoarthritis

Gilbert's Syndrome , confirmed by gene testing

#4 nvsmom

nvsmom

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,598 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:57 AM

Mouth sores (and fatigue) are commonly found in other AI diseases too. A few months back I had some sort of AI flare up with deep fatigue, arthritic joints and hair loss... when it first started I thought I was getting sick because of the fatigue, aches and pains, and a sore throat but it wasn't a sore throat, it was a round of big mouth sores (mostly on top of mouth). I had been 2-3 months gluten-free at that point so I know it wasn't diet. It was either thyroid linked of some other AI disease.

If you determine that it isn't food linked, you could consider other causes.

Hop[e you feel better.
Nicole Posted Image

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993
Celiac - June, 2012
Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#5 liser

liser

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:07 PM

For me ,,mouth sores are a reaction to corn,, especially high fructose corn syurp

I saw that you had quite a few posts, I have never really done forums so this is all new to me and not really sure how it all works? would love to be able to email someone directly and just ask some questions? is that a possibility?

#6 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,317 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:33 PM

I saw that you had quite a few posts, I have never really done forums so this is all new to me and not really sure how it all works? would love to be able to email someone directly and just ask some questions? is that a possibility?

There is a protection on this forum that does not allow new members to personal message other members. It is to prevent spam. Ideally, this forum works best when you post your questions and allow many others to answer with their experiences and info. It is likely others have the same questions you do. When you start to gain knowledge and experience, you can help others. You can learn a lot by reading other people's questions and answers, too.

You might want to start by reading this thread : http://www.celiac.co...ewbie-info-101/

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#7 MJ_S

MJ_S

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:23 PM

Mouth sores can also be a symptom of Crohn's. Not to scare you, as mouth sores could also appear for less serious reasons. Point is, you should see a physician if you have not already done so and see if they will run some tests across the board.

Blood Tests: TTG IgA Negative / Total IGA Normal

Skin: Confirmed DH
Genetic: DQ8 & DQ6 Positive (DQA1*0301, DQB1*0302, DQA1*0103, DQB1*0603)
Free Of: Gluten 1/1/11, Dairy 2010, Soy 2011

#8 Curtis721

Curtis721

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:22 AM

Before my celiac diagnosis I was getting mouth sores almost constantly.  If I ate anything contaminated with gluten I'd get blood filled blisters (immediately) while eating.  The worst were McDonald's hash browns (but only from certain McDonald's) and knarly artisan bread.  When the sharp edges of the bread poked my mouth a sore would develop.  The blisters would pop in a day or so, then the fun begins.  I'd suffer from the raw sore ulcer for several days to a week.  

I've been gluten-free for almost two years, but I still get these occasionally.  The most recent was after having work done on a tooth in prep for a crown.  

When they are bad, the outside of my face also hurts, like a burning nerve pain.  This latest has made the left side of my face hurt from my jaw to my eye.  

Besides taking tylenol or advil, what can I do to ease the pain or speed the recovery?  I've tried adding peroxide to mouthwash, but can't tell if this really helps or not.  

Anyone?  :(

#9 Christine0125

Christine0125

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:19 PM

Are you using a toothpaste without SLR?  I started using one when I suffered from canker sores before my diagnosis based on a recommendation from a dentist.  It helped some so I still use it (I believe Pronamel is what I use).  I only get them occasionally now and they are far less severe! 

#10 MGR

MGR

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:48 PM

For me, mouth sores are the first symptom that appears whenever I have ingested gluten. If I continue eating it, the blisters get bigger and bigger and are soo sore!

#11 GF Lover

GF Lover

Melanoma Warrior

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:03 AM

There's a script you can get from your GP, it's friendly name is 'Swish and Swirl".  It will also temporarily numb the area.  It's good stuff.

Colleen

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

*BiPolar, Major Depression, Anxiety *Hypothyroidism, *Celiac

*Metastatic Melanoma, *Immunotherapy Mitigated Vitiligo, *General Insanity

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Are We There Yet? and Dad says...All you have to do it ride it out.

Comments/views/opinions expressed on the site are my own and are not representative of Forum Admin/Owner

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

gingerbread-man-smiley-emoticon.gif

#12 CMCM

CMCM

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:54 PM

I can get mouth sores within an hour after getting some gluten accidentally. 

CAROLE

-------------
Enterolab 1/2006
IgA & tTg Positive
DQ2-0201 (celiac) and DQ1-0604 (gluten)
Casein IgA positive
Mom has 2 celiac genes
Both kids have a celiac gene.
Lots of celiac disease in my family, both sides.

#13 mamaw

mamaw

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,067 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:34 PM

lysine  is  good for  mouth  sores....I hope  you  find  once  on the  gluten free for  many months  the mouth  sores  will become  less & less... But  do  take  probiotics  & digestive  enzymes..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: