3 replies to this topic

#1 tanvee

tanvee

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:39 AM

Is it important to use gluten free face cream? With that said does anything in this list scream gluten to you? I can't make heads or tails of this stuff yet.

Aqua, Propylheptyl Caprylate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hexylene Glycol, Fructose, Glucose, Sucrose, Urea, Dextrin, Alanine, Glutamic Acid, Aspartic Acid, Hexyl Nicotinate, Retinyl Palmitate (Pure Vitamin A), Tocopheryl Acetate (Pure Vitamin E ), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Tapioca Starch, Phenoxyethanol, Tropolone, Inulin Lauryl Carbamate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Fennel) Fruit Extract, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract, Melissa Officinalis Leaf Extract, Viscum Album (Mistletoe) Leaf Extract, ChamomillaRecutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C).

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:26 AM

Is it important to use gluten free face cream? With that said does anything in this list scream gluten to you? I can't make heads or tails of this stuff yet.

Aqua, Propylheptyl Caprylate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hexylene Glycol, Fructose, Glucose, Sucrose, Urea, Dextrin, Alanine, Glutamic Acid, Aspartic Acid, Hexyl Nicotinate, Retinyl Palmitate (Pure Vitamin A), Tocopheryl Acetate (Pure Vitamin E ), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Tapioca Starch, Phenoxyethanol, Tropolone, Inulin Lauryl Carbamate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Fennel) Fruit Extract, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract, Melissa Officinalis Leaf Extract, Viscum Album (Mistletoe) Leaf Extract, ChamomillaRecutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C).

These ingredients look fine to me--I'd try it. Hops are gluten free, if you were wondering about that.

I found a nice line of facial products--cleansers, wipes, creams, etc. called Simple. I called them, and the whole line is gluten-free. I think their eye cream is better than much more expensive ones I have tried. I use the light moisturizer as a hand cream since it truly fragrance free. Easily found at drug stores.

As for whether or not to use gluten-free facial products, that is up to you.
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#3 K10

K10

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:41 PM

The only thing I wonder about is the tocopheryl. I'm not sure I've fully grasped the concept of which one is safe and which ones are not safe.
Patti, could you share the brand you use? I'm also looking for gluten-free face cream

#4 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:45 AM

The only thing I wonder about is the tocopheryl. I'm not sure I've fully grasped the concept of which one is safe and which ones are not safe.
Patti, could you share the brand you use? I'm also looking for gluten-free face cream

It is called "Simple"

http://www.simpleskincare.com/

As far as the tocopheryl, it can occasionally be derived from wheat. It is so processed that it doesn't cause problems for many, but for the most sensitive it makes sense to call the manufacturer and ask. From my own experience calling companies (not scientific at all), soy is commonly the source but always check if you feel uncomfortable.
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: