#1 Looking for answers

Looking for answers

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:22 AM

http://www.change.or...utm_term=656190
2010- Gluten, Soy, Corn, Dairy, Eggs, Nut free. Sugar, non-gluten grains lite(Yes, still plenty to eat!)
2010-Doctor diagnosed me as Celiac then took diagnoses back, then said avoid gluten for life
2009 Low T3 thyroid hormone, muscle twitching and adrenal fatigue
2006- Elevated Speckled ANA. GI suggested Celiac. Started gluten-free diet, but sloppily
2005 - Thought I had wheat "allergy." Stopped eating bread, oats problem too
College years - Still vegan -sickest point in life. Every classic celiac symptom
Teenage years - Stomach pain prompted veganism -> BIG mistake!
Child - Awful gas, D, C. Chronic infections, appendix and tonsils removed

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Looking for answers

Looking for answers

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:23 PM

Sign the petition!
2010- Gluten, Soy, Corn, Dairy, Eggs, Nut free. Sugar, non-gluten grains lite(Yes, still plenty to eat!)
2010-Doctor diagnosed me as Celiac then took diagnoses back, then said avoid gluten for life
2009 Low T3 thyroid hormone, muscle twitching and adrenal fatigue
2006- Elevated Speckled ANA. GI suggested Celiac. Started gluten-free diet, but sloppily
2005 - Thought I had wheat "allergy." Stopped eating bread, oats problem too
College years - Still vegan -sickest point in life. Every classic celiac symptom
Teenage years - Stomach pain prompted veganism -> BIG mistake!
Child - Awful gas, D, C. Chronic infections, appendix and tonsils removed

#3 mommida

mommida

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:33 PM

You better believe I signed that petition.

Jennifer Esposito is really going to battle for all Celiacs here. There have been numerous posts about people losing their jobs and personal relationships from Celiac symptoms.

Dr. Drew was a jacka$$ for asking such personal questions of her about medical tests and symptoms. He said he is a doctor, but he proved himself ignorant of Celiac disease.
Michigan

#4 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:28 PM

Signed.

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#5 MJ_S

MJ_S

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:32 PM

Co-signed.

Blood Tests: TTG IgA Negative / Total IGA Normal

Skin: Confirmed DH
Genetic: DQ8 & DQ6 Positive (DQA1*0301, DQB1*0302, DQA1*0103, DQB1*0603)
Free Of: Gluten 1/1/11, Dairy 2010, Soy 2011

#6 Takala

Takala

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,555 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:30 PM

That was so awful, I wonder if celebrity addiction "doctor" Drew Pinsky he thought she just had a "celebrity eating disorder" and he was the celebrity doctor who thought he could make a celebrity $ buck off of it. :angry:

Movie database bio for Drew Pinsky
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005314/bio

Dr. Drew and Vh1 teamed up for the first reality TV series to depict the process of overcoming addiction. Now in its third season, "Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew" was critically acclaimed by the addiction community for pulling back the veil of secrecy about what goes on in rehabilitation programs. "Sober House," which chronicles the sober living process, began airing in January 2009 and is now in it's second season. "Sex Rehab with Dr. Drew" looks at the struggles and treatment of those dealing with serious sex addictions.

Using the media to deliver information, Dr. Drew often appearance on national and international television and radio to talk about sex, relationships, and addiction. He frequently guest hosts for CNN's Larry King Live and is a regular contributor on the Today Show. Dr. Drew has stopped in to visit Ellen, Jimmy Kimmel, Craig Ferguson, Conan O'Brien, and Chelsea Lately to name a few. He has been profiled in Rolling Stone, Playboy, and Muscle & Fitness and was named one of the top 10 Real Sexiest Men by O Magazine, and one of the top 10 Silver Foxes by OK Magazine.

Dr. Drew is the author of the New York Times bestseller The Mirror Effect: How Celebrity Narcissism is Seducing America (Harper-Collins) and Cracked: Putting Broken Lives Together Again (Harper-Collins). Dr. Drew co-authored the first academic study on celebrities and narcissism. The study was published in the Journal of Research in Personality (Elsevier) and received worldwide press coverage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: