Going For Biopsy
Posted 26 March 2004 - 06:23 PM
I've read about cross contamination- is this really as bad as it sounds? My husband and I have decided that if the biopsy does confirm celiac disease that we will live on the same diet as Dane to avoid any mishaps. Currently he is barely eating, and what he does eat comes right out. He is on Neocate One + but hates it but will drink 4 oz's at most. We also tried Neocate Jr and he absolultely refuses it. He has lost 2 pounds in 5 days.
I would be grateful for any advice, info, links, ANYTHING!
I'm scared and feel so helpless.
Posted 26 March 2004 - 08:31 PM
Good luck to you and your little one!
Posted 27 March 2004 - 05:04 AM
I chose to think of it this way.. hey think of all the times you can't get that little guy to take a nap.. well hey you will want the anestesiologist to come over every afternoon after this.. easy nap time!!! Ok i'm a little weird.. but it sure helped me from loosing it.. I suprisingly got through tear free..
All kidding aside he should be fine.. and I would advise you to go with the gluten-free diet even if the biopsy comes out negative or even questionable.. with blood work pointing in that direction if there is no damage in there yet you can prevent that damage from ever occuring! And that is a good thing!
Posted 27 March 2004 - 06:52 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users