#1 Bubble

Bubble

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:04 PM

hello, everybody.
i have big, i mean B.I.G. problem! i can not eat, anything i eat, messes up my stomach. i get cramps, loud noises, bloating, urgent need to use the restroom and that from anything that i eat. i can not even drink a protein shake...
i am not an american, i got here a year ago on my visit of my, that time boyfriend, we got married spontaniously and i stayed. since my immigration aint ready yet, i simply have no insurance to go to the doc. i must say i got sick long time ago ( the problems started two months into my stay. ) i must note that i NEVER had any troubles with my stomach in life, ever..but since i am here i didnt only gain at least 50 pounds i also feel like crap after i eat.
first i noticed i got bloated after eating anything baked or breaded. then i couldnt eat onion or garlic, then pickles and egg and now, i ate two spoons of pumpkinsoup seven hrs ago, after not eating anything for 26hrs, and i am in pain, stomach making noises like something is dying inside. i dont know what to do or what even try to eat. i feel like that fo three days now, i lost four pounds, which is good, but i rather eat a healthy diet and work ou.
i am not allergic to anything, never wa am under the impression that american food is not too good for me.. i grew up with almost all organic and NOT processed food, always home cooked. i cook a lot, but my husband eats it all byhimself, because i cant.
i recently found out that america has genetically modified wheat, since 1985 it is standart, and since then the celliac cases exploded. europe had tested this wheat and corn on mice, and they were dying twice as fast as the controll group.
we buy o
ur food at trader joes, the store swears they do not use genetically modified food, but i still cant eat their bread.well at the moment i cant eat anything anyway..i also cant find sleep, and if i do, then i wake up every two hrs. i am groggy all day.i am sorry if the post sounds like its written by someone who hasnt slept two nights in a row.. but thats how it is.. and on top of that, the forum is slowing my tablet down. if somebody has experienced anything simmilar to that, please help me to find a way out of this. its horrible, canteven go anywhere, because my stomach is loud, it is embarrasing

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 mommida

mommida

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,937 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:34 PM

There are many illnesses that can have the same symptoms. (parasites, H. Ployri, infection) You really need to get tested, and that would be a full work up. Celiac can be triggered by stressfull situations (getting married suddenly away from home)

A protein shake is not the way to go in this situation because most of these intolerance/reactions are from PROTEIN. Gluten is the protein chain of wheat, rye, and barley.

Try keeping a food journal and staying hydrated until you get medical attention.
Michigan

#3 Bubble

Bubble

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:25 PM

thats the point, i cant have possibly anything like parasites or infection, me and my husband do always eat the same food, often from the same meal and plate. unless he eats something with wheat that i try to avoid.
how comes i am sick and he is ok?

#4 Chaff

Chaff

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:40 PM

Sorry you're in this situation. I can't eat much either. Can you find a small amount of safe foods to eat repeatedly just for now? White rice, potatoes, that sort of thing? I can only eat white rice if I soak it for a day (at room temperature) first. Then find one kind of protein you can eat. For me, only tuna is OK. So I make a lot of tuna-rice casseroles! Then I take a multivitamin.

Some people find the GAPS diet or SCD diet works for them. Try googling those or searching this forum.

Then, once you can eat without pain (or at least manageable pain), wait two or three weeks (or longer) and try adding foods back in. You can do it immediately if you really want, of course -- see how you feel. Keep a food diary, yes, absolutely.

Look at the Newbies 101 thread for ideas for probiotics, vitamins, and digestive enzymes. These are all over the counter, so they should be safe if you test them out in small doses. They may help or not as you figure this all out. If they cause pain, stop for a while.

Then -- or sooner, if you can -- you should see a doctor. I don't know how you can do it, but talk to your husband about options. Can he get it through his job and get you covered? You may be able to get a job on your own with insurance, if you need to...I've known people to get a job just for the insurance. But, obviously, big step, and not appropriate for everyone. Plus it takes a while to kick in.

Where are you from? Maybe you could get some food from home and see if that makes a difference?

celiac, hypothyroid, hereditary hemochromatosis

#5 ciamarie

ciamarie

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:52 PM

My suggestion would be to eat only unprocessed foods, because it may be some additives that are causing you some of the problems. And keeping a food diary is probably a good idea too. If you have veggies, make sure they're well-cooked. Also, it may be something like soy or dairy is the culprit, so go a day or 2 or a week without either of those ingredients, then test only 1 of them at a time.

Hope you figure it out soon, having a reaction to everything isn't much fun.
Gluten-free since the end of October 2011

#6 Bubble

Bubble

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:44 AM

@AmeliaF
thank you for all the information, i def. will google the suggested diets.
i am from germany, rigt now my immigration is in process and its taking forever, thats the reason i cant go to a doc, cant have an insurance or job or even drive a car.. horrible situation, especially now, that i cant eat anything.
i just ate some tuna and energy porridge, dont really know what that is, but hubby said i should try it. i ate two spoons omy hubbys breakfast ( fried sweet potatoes with rurkey bacon) and then two spoons fof pumpkin soup, just pumpkin, salt and pepper.. and my stomach went crazy, after like four hrs it was loud and its simply embarrassing

@ciamarie, i do to 90% eat unprocessed food, since couple of months i didnt eat any at all, well except of bacon this morning. we try to stick with trader joes ( which is using less less pesticides and no hormones in diary and meat) or organic vegies. i have no idea what could cause my misery..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: