Marilyn R

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:52 PM

YUM! Thanks for sharing!

And LOL, I have that same stoneware you're serving the sushi on! :D
Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#32 tarnalberry

tarnalberry

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,542 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:37 PM

And LOL, I have that same stoneware you're serving the sushi on! :D

Awesome!
Yeah, it was a long time ago, so I don't remember the details. Some of the leftovers sushi was really quite good (turkey and avocado, iirc), but some of it was just... well, not "bad", but not anything you'd want to bother with making again. :P
Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"
Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy
G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004
Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me
Bellevue, WA

#33 FatBear

FatBear

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:12 PM

I go for the straight up pig on a bone just like my grammy always made. That's it, someone took a pig, killed it, cut off it's leg and turned it into a ham. BAM! Christmas dinner. Zero gluten worries there, not that I don't read the package but it's pretty hard to screw up pig in plastic.

We raised pigs (for our own consumption only!) when I was a kid. Man, I am glad I don't do that anymore! But if you live in or near the country there are probably butchers around who will butcher a hog and take a percentage of it instead of money - then they sell the meat. It's one way to get unprocessed pork (beef, too) and at a good price if you buy a lot at once and freeze it. I think many of the smaller outfits can even give you "provenance" on your meat - who grew it and if it is "organic", grass fed, etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: