Get email alerts Get E-mail Alerts Sponsor: Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE email alerts

• Announcements

• READ FIRST: Super Sensitive Celiacs Disclaimer   09/23/2015

This section of the forum is devoted to those who have responses to gluten beyond the experience of the majority of celiacs. It should not be construed as representative of the symptoms you are likely to encounter or precautions you need to take. Only those with extreme reactions need go to the lengths discussed here. Many people with newly diagnosed celiac disease have a condition known as leaky gut syndrome, which can lead to the development of sensitivity to other foods until the gut is healed - which may take as long as one to three years. At that time they are often able to reincorporate into their diet foods to which they have formerly been sensitive. Leaky gut syndrome leads many people to believe they are being exposed to gluten when they are in fact reacting to other foods.
    • Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Store. For Additional Information: Subscribe to: Journal of Gluten Sensitivity

Udi's Chia And Millet Bread

3 posts in this topic

Have any of you had a reaction after eating Udi's Chia and Millet bread? I loved it at first, but had been having symptoms after starting to eat a few slices in a PB sandwich every few days. The store ran out and I couldn't be more glad. My symptoms disappeared. Just curious. Maybe it was something else I was consuming. I was just having bad digestive and joint reactions with this in my diet.

My daughter had problems with it. I didn't try it myself since I am even more sensitive than she is. Too bad, I heard that it is really good.

My less-sensitive celiac brother can consume it without issue, but my celiac daughter doesn't do so well with it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• New to Celiac!
      I had a few meltdowns in the grocery store at first, walking out empty handed. Of course I lived on junk food before going gluten-free and the idea of eating plain whole foods seemed foreign to me. I'm not much of a cook! Definitely, eating out is the hardest part. Being spontaneous is going to have to be a thing of the past. While I always carry non-perishable gluten-free food in my purse for those "just in case" times, it's hard to carry a whole meal. (Lara bars are good but not THAT filling.) That means planning ahead. If you either eat before you go, after you go, or even bring food to eat while there, you pretty much need to know you ARE going ahead of time. So I keep the freezer full of individual meals that can be thawed or cooked in the microwave at a moment's notice. That can mean a one bowl meat/rice/veggie dish, some Against the Grain frozen pizza, or even a sandwich on gluten-free bread. Depending on where you live there might actually be a safe restaurant or two in your area. Of course unless they are a totally gluten-free facility there is always a chance of getting glutened no matter how safe their practices are. I think I just read here the other day about someone finding a crouton in the bottom of their salad bowl. Mostly it doesn't happen but there aren't too many of us who haven't been glutened at a "safe" restaurant at least once. Also, I have seen that some folks have trouble talking their friends into eating at only those places that have gluten-free menus and safe practices. That's why not only do you need to educate your family, but your friends too. If they care about you they will listen, learn about, and heed your need for safe gluten-free foods. Another thing to think about - if you're out shopping with your friends and it takes longer than anticipated, instead of relying on a Lara bar or two, there is usually a grocery store nearby. You can run in and pick up something there. Fresh fruit, certain cold cuts, a pre-made salad (as long as there are no croutons), even a bag of Lay's potato chips. Once you've become experienced at reading labels you can be assured of eating safely. Kraft products and Con-Agra (and a few others) will ALWAYS list any gluten ingredients on their labels. Those are big parent companies that have many many brands under their names. It will take you a while but before you know it, all this will become second nature to you. I promise.
    • Pie Crust Recipes
      Hello there. I made an entire recipe book with all kinds of gluten free fool proof recipes. I usualy use coconut flour from Bob's Red Mill. I find it works the best. Also, you can use regular all purpose flour. 2 cups of flour, 1/2 tsp salt, 8 Tb butter (chilled), 1 large egg (lightly beaten), 8-10 Tb ICED water.
    • Restless Legs Syndrom (rls)
      RLS is significantly more prevalent among the celiac population than the general population, so I think there's definitely a correlation. Unfortunately, it doesn't aways go away once you go gluten free. There's also a link between RLS and inflammation, and, for me at least, most of my post-glutening symptoms can be linked back to generalized inflammation.  For me, RLS is one of the first indications for me that I've been glutened (right after arthritis/muscle aches and dry mouth), though it's more of a "restless body syndrome" since it doesn't confine itself to my legs. I'm fortunate that it goes away as long as I'm gluten-free, I know many people aren't so lucky. This last time (currently recovering from being glutened at Thanksgiving *sigh*) I ended up getting up and playing video games till 4 in the morning. In retrospect, I probably could have used that time to do dishes or something more productive... Only thing that ever works for me is to get up and move around and stretch as much as possible, I've been known to do some 2 am yoga, I know my dad used to go for walks around the neighborhood. Don't resist it, don't lay in bed and try to stay still, I really think that's the worst thing you can do. Get up and use your muscles and tire them out and hopefully that will help. If you have flexibility in where you have to be and when the next day, you can always try to do productive things and then sleep in once things have calmed down. Otherwise, caffeinate the next day and hope the next night will be better.
    • New to Celiac!
      There is a grieving period, especially around the social impact and this is completely normal. To get your family to understand, the best thing you can do is point them at some reputable online sources for information. As you implement your gluten-free diet you will make mistakes and get sick. Just pick up and keep going. You will likely notice your reactions getting much worse with accidental exposure the longer you are gluten-free. I would recommend getting some follow up testing like a vitamin panel and a bone density scan. It's also common to have thyroid issues, so you may want that checked as well. It takes time to get used to, but it's doable. I would recommend investing in a foodsaver. It's been a God send for bringing meals on the go. 
    • Celiac Night Vision
      Hi PCB, You sure have a mystery symptom there.  Some other things that might change with the seasons, perhaps switching from drinking tea to coffee, or maybe eating less soup in warm months? Since your symptoms vary with the seasons it sure seems like they could be related to allergies.  I think if you read up on birch allergy you'll find that some people with birch allergy also react to celery.  Often enough it's not just one plant species that causes allergic reactions but a family of related plants. The numbness in your toes is another clue, of what I am not sure though.  I assume your blood sugar is ok.  I knew a fella with high blood pressure that had tunnel vision sometimes but that's different also. How about trying an anti-histamine next time the scotoma occurs to see if it causes any  improvement?  If it results in an improvement in symptoms that might mean the cause is an allergic reaction. Some other things to consider are possible low thyroid and selenium. Myself I don't eat nightshades or soy or dairy.  And I don't have any scotomas at night.  I am also low carb and mostly paleo.  For some reason the hair on top of my head is getting a little thin though.  Can't win 'em all as they say.
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Laura Buss
  • Members