#1 ChrisRR

ChrisRR

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:18 PM

Hey everyone,

I have a question that I have been wanting to ask other people with this disease.

After you stopped eating gluten, what kind of changes did you experience in your body. Apart from the obvious improvement of the gut in general.

Personally I have lost quite a bit of weight in fat for my size, even though I eat more than I used to, and I am pretty skinny to start with. However, when I go to the gym, the results come much faster than before, and i
My average heart rate has dropped quite substantially.
My skin, especially in my face is much clearer and I don't get zits and things like that at all anymore.
But best of all, the stomach cramps and diarrhea are gone!

There are tons of other things that have changed, but these are just a few.

What have you experienced personally? Since symptoms and recovery seems to be very individual, it would be fun to compare.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 1desperateladysaved

1desperateladysaved

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:23 PM

My Plantar Fasheitis got dramatically worse and than went away. Sometimes my bloating is down. Other than that, I need to wait and see, because I have yet to have consistency. I am 6 months gluten free.

#3 nvsmom

nvsmom

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:56 AM

My stomach aches and migraines are mostly gone, and I usually had one or the other all the time. My bloating went way down in my gut... I thought I had a beer gut and was becoming apple shaped, it was bloat. My hair started to grow back in (but I lost a bunch again due to another issue). My "C" cleared up after 2-3 months but that could have been from thyroid meds. My leg cramps went away. I used to have occasional bouts of plantar fascitis (sp?) too and it hasn't come back since I've been gluten-free.

Unfortunately my joint pain and fatigue hasn't disappeared but I now know that it was due to another health issue that I am treating... I helped me discover I had other problems that needed looking into.
Nicole Posted Image

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993
Celiac - June, 2012
Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: