#1 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:30 PM

hmmm...

Before i went gluten free i used to break out in really, really bad blister/cyst things on my arms (which already have enough issues). They would be very painful once 'popped' (before and after) and create a crater type thing. I have noticed that i hardly ever get them anymore. The last one i got was over thanksgiving break... and its just about healed up.

Been to the doctors many times for this before my dx. I was put on antibiotics for months, tried different creams, etc... didn't work...

Yet, now those have all but near vanished (me thinks its due to CC'ing myself at home), my skin is slowly, ever so slowly healing up (little acne like things, weird, both cored and liquidy (tmi apologizes)).

And yes, i'm bad about scratching at them (not that its so much itchy)...

Hmmm... thoughts?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 captaincrab55

captaincrab55

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:41 PM

Sounds like DH to me. I saw 4 Dermatologist in 30 years before I got diagnosed and I'm not sure how many Doctors I saw before that.
I'm a New Man Without GLUTEN!

#3 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:50 PM

Think so? They've never really been itchy when i'd get them (sometimes though, especially post drainage).

#4 Mri3

Mri3

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:26 PM

I had exactly the same thing ... no one diagnosed it properly. They completely disappeared once I was gluten free/wheat free. For myself - they seem directly related to wheat .. if I eat wheat they come back; as long as I avoid wheat they are no where to be found. Sounds like DH to me too. Best of luck ...

#5 Chaff

Chaff

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:38 AM

I got those, too. And I get them on my face, just below my eyes. It's weird. I'd love to know what it's all about.

celiac, hypothyroid, hereditary hemochromatosis

#6 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:06 AM

They also like to show up either on my sholders, in my inner elbow region, and on my wrist. Moving whilst having them is not fun at all. :blink:

#7 L.J.

L.J.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:08 AM

Hi All!
Yes, I get blisters, rashes, bumps and other skin issues too! I have been Gluten Free-etc. etc. and I too had been cc ing myself by using (Cetaphyl) Lotion--the soap works well--but the lotion has gluten... (I do not have any association with Cetaphyl products) :)

The one thing that has helped me the most--is I started a gluten-free Fish Oil high quality gel tab. It has very few ingredients except the needed fish oils. Believe it or not, I felt a difference within days of using it. I have used it for two weeks straight now--and my skin is *much* better. Not perfect--I still have rashes and bumps, and sores from the old breakouts--but my skin is better. Less peeling off of "dead skin"-- My face is not having the little white cysts either--it is the clearest it has been in a long time! :D :D

It was my Optician who told me to start taking it because being gluten-free we don't get enough of the "good" oils that our body needs. I am having problems with my tear ducts because of it--She said to immediately start the Fish Oils to help my eyes heal. That is a slow process--(no contact lenses for a long while :( ) but the best Side Affect to the Fish Oil was how it is helping my skin!!! :D

Just a thought--My Allergist and Dermatologist kind of shake their heads at all of the skin rashes I have too-- <_< But I did want to share that thought with you about the Fish Oil because of how much it has helped my skin issues!!!! :D

#8 L.J.

L.J.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:15 AM

Shadowicewolf--Hi! :lol:
I have them on my shoulders, arms, elbows, legs, torso--hands, wrists too! Another thought to mull on...My Allergist is certain that I have allergies to Chemicals--I am going to do a chemical test on New Years Eve What a way to welcome in the New Year, eh?? :lol:

The three most common chemicals that people have are in hair dye (which I recently changed) and Formaldahyde. The third one I can't remember... But, what I did want to share was that people with skin rashes do *best* with 100% cotton fabrics everywhere! Polyester is a huge allergy for *many* people--and causes me to have break outs wherever it touches me... Leather also has chemicals in it--I have a leather chair--and every time I sat in it, I would have a rash on my back....when I looked up the chemicals, guess what I found??? Leather, suedes, polyester, plastic all have some of the chemicals that many people are allergic to :angry:

So just some more thoughts to think on...We do have to "think outside of the box" for answers, don't we??? :D Let me know what you think???

#9 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:31 AM

I don't touch chemicals unless i have to (family history of major allergies to them). I normally only wear cotton things on top of it. :)

I tried the fish oil once before and it didn't cut it. Right now i only use vanicream on it because it doesn't irritate it at all.

#10 L.J.

L.J.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:45 AM

Yes, I use the vanicream too--lotion, soap, etc...It definitely helps me too. Sorry that the fish oil made things worse :(

Let's keep hanging in there and sharing what does work, though, yes? :rolleyes: On this forum, we find out so much helpful info!!!

#11 frieze

frieze

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:12 PM

hmmm...

Before i went gluten free i used to break out in really, really bad blister/cyst things on my arms (which already have enough issues). They would be very painful once 'popped' (before and after) and create a crater type thing. I have noticed that i hardly ever get them anymore. The last one i got was over thanksgiving break... and its just about healed up.

Been to the doctors many times for this before my dx. I was put on antibiotics for months, tried different creams, etc... didn't work...

Yet, now those have all but near vanished (me thinks its due to CC'ing myself at home), my skin is slowly, ever so slowly healing up (little acne like things, weird, both cored and liquidy (tmi apologizes)).

And yes, i'm bad about scratching at them (not that its so much itchy)...

Hmmm... thoughts?

I am thinking probably not,,,,,but could it be acne inversa?

#12 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:23 PM

its possible... I looked it up on wikipedia, but its general area that it is located in is the underarm, the butt, under breasts, etc. Places where there are alot of friction.

I've noted that i've had them on my inner elbow area and on my wrist (outer). I've also gotten them on my sholders, mid-upper arm and lower arm. On a rarity i've gotten them on my upper thigh and once on my chest.

#13 mommida

mommida

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:31 AM

I got those, too. And I get them on my face, just below my eyes. It's weird. I'd love to know what it's all about.

Are you talking about something that looks like a "hard cream colored" for better term acne? If so, that is a symptom of circulatory issue ~ mainly a heart issue. Or that was the doctor's advice when my friend went into the doctor's office to have them removed. He is now on medication for his heart, and I haven't noticed them since. That does seem to make sense. That is an area of "transition tissue" where some of the (lipids/fats?) can become trapped.
Michigan

#14 Chaff

Chaff

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:24 AM

Hm...no, mine are something else. But good to be on the watch for -- thanks for the tip!

celiac, hypothyroid, hereditary hemochromatosis

#15 Darkfire Ann

Darkfire Ann

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:02 AM

hidradenitis suppurativa is what I was dxed with and it is totally different than my DH. Take a google gander and see if it matches your symptoms. When Glutened my reactions are worse. I have been hospitalized for an abscess that went necrotic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: