No replies to this topic

#1 Eclara

Eclara

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:15 PM

I'm in the last week of an 8 week gluten challenge, my endoscopy is on Wednesday and it could not come soon enough. I have managed okay, the worst of my symptoms being anxiety and truly horrible brain fog that has steadily gotten worse and worse. But anyway a few days ago I got what I think is a new symptom from the gluten, and being that I am feeling very paranoid I wanted a little reassurance.

I had restless leg syndrome as a kid and again in my mid-teens, but it had mostly gone away and for the past two years would just pop up for a few hours three or four times a year. When I would get it was like a buzzy, itchy-under-the-skin feeling in the bottom of my feet and in my calves, and it would keep me awake because it felt so awful to just lie there.

So now I have that, only it's everywhere. In my feet, in my legs, in my shoulders and hands and arms and even in my stomach. It's making me feel really hyped up and anxious and completely crazy. It's not constantly there, it kind of comes and goes but it is there probably 70% of the time.

Has anyone heard of this? Is it just another awful side effect that will fade after I get off the gluten? I'm so close to being done, I can hold out for another five days but I'm a bit of a hypochondriac and I was hoping someone else would have some helpful input. Thank you!

Low IGA, tests not viable- no other blood tests performed

Negative biopsy 12/12/12

Gluten-free 12/13/12

Currently unable to tolerate: gluten, grains, dairy, soy, nightshades, all sweeteners except for liquid stevia and coconut nectar, cruciferous vegetables, all fruit except for bananas and berries, eggs, beans, chocolate (noooo).

Celiac.com Sponsor:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: