4 replies to this topic

#1 Fire Fairy

Fire Fairy

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:38 AM

When I was a teen I found my first raised red dot on my skin. My mother told me that it meant I constipated too often. I have many of these dots on my body now. I asked my Doctor and he told me that was an old wives tale but he couldn't tell me what they actually are. They never ever go away. My question is are they related to Celiac disease? Anyone else have them or even know what I'm talking about? What are they called?
If you over-salt a dish while you are cooking, that's too bad. Please recite with me the real woman's motto: 'I made it, you will eat it and I don't care how bad it tastes!'-unknown

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 mamaw

mamaw

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,921 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:12 AM

I'm surprised a doctor wouldn't know what these dots are......here's my no degree doctor's best choice..... cherry hemangiomas, most often non cancererous....there are also spider angiomas' as well.....
I have them & lots of them, they do sometimes bleed if you cut one while leg shaving....Mine are on my legs but mostly the torso.....
http://byebyedoctor....cherry-angioma/

hope this helps...

mamaw

#3 gatita

gatita

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:36 AM

I had a few of these show up on my tummy earlier this year, right around the time all my other symptoms came down in a big way. I figured they were that cherry thingie too. :)

Diagnosed with wheat hates me 4/13

#4 Fire Fairy

Fire Fairy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:33 AM

Thank you! I do believe that is it. :)
If you over-salt a dish while you are cooking, that's too bad. Please recite with me the real woman's motto: 'I made it, you will eat it and I don't care how bad it tastes!'-unknown

#5 susiq

susiq

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:21 PM

It might be a mild case of leukocytoclastic vasculitis. But you should get it checked out to make sure.

Edited by susiq, 20 January 2013 - 11:37 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: