No replies to this topic

#1 Fire Fairy

Fire Fairy

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:32 AM

Okay so long story short after going gluten-free I noticed a lactose intolerance then I noticed an egg intolerance. Learning about my food after going gluten-free I saw too many videos on animal cruelty and gave up meat. So a little over a year ago I claimed the mantle of Vegan. I added a ton of Vegan friends and groups on FB. Well now I can have dairy and egg again. I totally understand Vegan's but at the same time 1) It's just so hard to find Vegan gluten-free food when socializing with non-gluten-free non-vegans. 2) I firmly believe if the world became a Vegetarian Utopia the dairy and egg industry would take care of itself and there would be tons of dairy and egg alternatives everywhere.

So why I need your opinions.....what do I do in regards to all my Vegan friends? Do I delete the groups and leave all the friends and wait for the post where I say something that isn't Vegan? Do I post in one of the groups why I'm removing myself? Do I delete the folks I don't talk to regularly and send the others a group message explained I'm no longer Vegan and if that bothers them they need to delete me?

I wouldn't be so concerned (maybe) but I posted a month or so back asking what exactly ethically gathered wool meant and I had a few folks really angry at me for even asking. Also I've seen a few folks on the war path about the Hobbit and I fully intend to go see it! (Some of the animals used in filming were accidentally hurt because the farm they were kept on had too many hills and holes etc.) I am sadden by those animals being harmed or even dying because the land was treacherous but I don't think for a moment it was done to be cruel and that right there is enough to earn me the wrath of a lot of Vegans. :(
If you over-salt a dish while you are cooking, that's too bad. Please recite with me the real woman's motto: 'I made it, you will eat it and I don't care how bad it tastes!'-unknown

Celiac.com Sponsor:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: