32 replies to this topic

#31 foam

foam

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:22 PM

Strongly suggest you get onto A2 milk only asap, cheese is only concentrated Milk, you can have a mild problem with milk and a much larger problem with Cheese and milk chocolate. Nothing to do with lactose sugar imho, just the A1 milk protein. Yoghurt is the go because the bacteria eat the lactose before you eat it anyway and you really don't want to eat much sugar with a dodgy gut. I originally thought all milk problems were lactose related but after getting more and more unwell on vintage cheese which has no lactose I've seen that theory is just not true.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#32 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:54 PM

Thanks for the tip, and maybe I wasn't totally clear on this with all of my comments on testing and trying to expand my diet. I have completely given up trying to expand my diet. I have for over two months now been on raw milk which I didn't know then, but understand now is A2. It has been for that entire time, until "the incident" been the exclusive source of milk for me. I do not eat milk chocolate as that crap is horrid and nasty, milk has no place in chocolate. I am quite a chocolate snob as a matter of fact. I even made my own peppermint bark out of rather pricey chocolate. It is oh so good!

After drinking milk, eating cheese and going through various type of pain for no apparent reason for that cheese "product" thing I tried I have determined that I in no way have any sort of issue at all with milk. Not lactose, not casein. I will continue with my raw milk though because it is not iodine contaminated and I can also buy cheese made from it. I find that the milk you can buy in the store tastes like crap and frankly if I have to pay almost three times as much for my milk, then so be it. At least it won't give me a rash or suck.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#33 foam

foam

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:25 PM

That's great you have a source of raw A2 milk, I have a friend with a A2 cow, I should probably be asking her for some milk too. I work at a dairy farm occasionally also who mostly have A1 cows but also some Jersy cows which are mostly A2 so I have a contact there, I could in theory get my own pure A2 cow one day :0 could just have it in the heard and milk it separately into a container.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: