7 replies to this topic

#1 TGK112

TGK112

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:31 PM

After being diagnosed with celiac, a friend told me that surprisingly Red Robin does a great job with gluten free. And they do!!

There is a gluten free menu, which describes what alterations are made to make the meal gluten free - including gluten free buns. The restaurant in Redmond has a separate work area, and my meal comes out on a plate, rather than the typical basket. We were told that the fries are prepared in their own fryer, so no worries of cross contamination. All servers seem to be well aware of what they need to do - and we even noticed on the bill, my meal has an "allergy alert" next to it.

We are so impressed - we've even signed up for the Red Robin card - which let's us earn burgers. I hadn't been to Red Robin since my kids were young - now they're grown, but my husband ( non-celiac) and I are regulars there!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 lovegrov

lovegrov

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,537 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:54 AM

High praises for the Red Robin in Roanoke, Va., as well.

richard

#3 HowdySunshine

HowdySunshine

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:48 AM

Thank you for this post! Based on it, I'll try Red Robin today. Looking forward to that gluten free bun!

#4 cap6

cap6

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:02 PM

After being diagnosed with celiac, a friend told me that surprisingly Red Robin does a great job with gluten free. And they do!!

There is a gluten free menu, which describes what alterations are made to make the meal gluten free - including gluten free buns. The restaurant in Redmond has a separate work area, and my meal comes out on a plate, rather than the typical basket. We were told that the fries are prepared in their own fryer, so no worries of cross contamination. All servers seem to be well aware of what they need to do - and we even noticed on the bill, my meal has an "allergy alert" next to it.

We are so impressed - we've even signed up for the Red Robin card - which let's us earn burgers. I hadn't been to Red Robin since my kids were young - now they're grown, but my husband ( non-celiac) and I are regulars there!

Ask next time you eat there as many of the Red Robin's now carry Udi hamburger buns. If they do, the kitchen staff is required to go through extra training on handling gluten free foods. They toast the buns but they are done separately.

#5 L.J.

L.J.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:12 AM

I Love Red Robin--but never dreamt that they had a gluten-free menu! (I have not eaten out often in many restaurants!) :P Time to try them out! Thanks for the info!

#6 WitsEnd

WitsEnd

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

Hi. Is this the Redmond Town Center RR,, or the Overlake RR? I had good luck at the Woodinville location.

#7 TGK112

TGK112

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:24 PM

Hi. Is this the Redmond Town Center RR,, or the Overlake RR? I had good luck at the Woodinville location.

Redmond Town Center

#8 kristenloeh

kristenloeh

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:54 PM

The one in Renton at the Landing was horrible. The menu was a print out, claiming they had no buns, and said on the bottom that they couldn't promise there wouldn't be any cross contamination, so we didn't want to risk it.... I will make sure to tell my family that the Redmond one is a lot better then, but honestly, if I have to travel to get a burger, I'd rather head into Seattle and just go to Blue Moon Burgers, they are better (in my opinion) and have a lot more options for gluten-free. Even onion rings!!

Diagnosed Celiac 04.2012
Gluten-Free 04.2012

Diagnosed Pituitary Prolactinoma 12.2012

Low Cortisol/Possible Addison's Disease 02.2013

Maybe one day I will feel "normal" again. <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: