#1 AGH2010

AGH2010

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:52 PM

Hi everyone,

My daughter's class is having a hot chocolate party on Tues and the parents have been asked to bring finger foods. I'm not much of a baker but wanted to make something gluten-free that would be tempting enough for my daughter so that she wouldn't notice all the gluten-y baked goods.

I'd love any and all suggestions! Thank you!!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,753 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:48 PM

mmm... what about making cookie samwiches? Make a sugar cookie recipie (which you can find on here by searching), cut the dough to size, then put some frosting or whathaveyou inbetween the layers. For added fun, perhaps add some colored sugar or something dusted on top of them.

Random thought, not sure if it would work, but something like that might work.

#3 mamaw

mamaw

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,928 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:30 PM

How about fruit kabobs, cheese & deli meat roll-ups., marshmallow snowmen, Christmas mice cookies, gluten-free chex snack mix,, when we did this we made for everyone in the class.......another is sugar cookies (gluten-free, of cours) & ready made icing & jimmies & all the kids decorated a cookie themselves.

#4 Juliebove

Juliebove

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:39 PM

When my daughter was young, I made caramel corn. It's easy to make a big batch of it and I put it in individual bags so they could take it home if they wanted to and it would be free from cross contamination. Her class had mulitple food allergies so I needed something that was safe for all. Luckily the boy with the corn allergy wasn't in that class. He was a tough one!

If you want something more festive, make small popcorn balls. You can add bits of red and green jelly candies or little jelly beans if you want more color.

#5 AGH2010

AGH2010

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:20 AM

Thank you all for the great ideas! Really appreciate it.

#6 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:52 PM

If her school allows peanut recipes, consider trying this. http://allrecipes.co...butter-cookies/

Or you could make meringue cookies dipped in chocolate.

Hope you both enjoy the holiday party!
Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: