Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Pictures Of Dh Rash, Biopsy Site And Skin Shedding.

• Please log in to reply

27 replies to this topic

#16 squirmingitch

squirmingitch

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:08 PM

Check it out:

http://www.healthali...ces-of-iron.php

http://www.redcrossb...iron-rich-foods

http://www.vrg.org/nutrition/iron.php

Self diagnosed dh Sept. 2011~~~ confirmed dx July 18, 2012
Gluten free Dec. 2011
Soy free Dec. 2011
Hubs self diagnosed dh March 30, 2012
Hubs gluten free March 30, 2012

Summer 2013 We both have added back a little soy which is near unavoidable & we are doing okay with that small amount.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 Darkfire Ann

Darkfire Ann

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:55 AM

I didn't understand I guess what I was reading on the thyca? site. I still suffer from the brain fog. Not been clean too long. I get the iodine thing now. I didn't before. I found a nondairy, certified gluten free, creamer I seem to be ok with. Morning ritual preserved and no GERD issues. Time will tell on the CC part. I haven't had BSM in over a week and will steer clear of it. Hubbs just rewashed all pots and pans and everything to make sure the DAWN was gone and no trace ick left over on them. He does brush his teeth. I am sorry we brush our teeth in the shower, so taking a shower includes that. I know it's weird it's just a habit we have. We use ONLY peroxide and baking soda. NO toothpaste too many CC ingredients in there. I chose to do my own thing and not go to the bar which was good they had all manner of gluten there in the form of free food. I do not touch the cat's food and am not sure what we have this time it might be IAMS kitten which is kinda crappy I think. Our cats are indoor/outdoor cats and need the extra nutrition if they do not get alot of kills. I have no overweight sick cats, the two with epilepsy were born that way. I will look into a new brand. I took the vit-c pills out of my vitamin organizer. The rest are all certified clean. They do not use litter boxes much but I use feline pine and was told it was safe. It needs changing about four times a year and hubs does it. Now their cat treats are probably bad I haven't checked, but I want to ween them off that junk anyhow it's like crack for cats. As I have limited brain power I have not investigated most of this site to find doctors or post about it but will now that I know it's possible. Again thank you. The Doctor sure as bleep didn't know anything about this.

#18 Darkfire Ann

Darkfire Ann

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:57 AM

Check it out:

http://www.healthali...ces-of-iron.php

http://www.redcrossb...iron-rich-foods

http://www.vrg.org/nutrition/iron.php

just saw this going to bookmark them thank you.

#19 Darkfire Ann

Darkfire Ann

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:36 AM

I found out Remonds Real Salt NO iodine, it says right on the bag that legal disclaimer. "This salt does not supply Iodine a necessary blah blah blah" So it's safe.

#20 squirmingitch

squirmingitch

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:11 AM

Cool about the Redmonds salt! YAY! That's one for our side. :)

Okay. I do understand about gluten head or brain fog as we call it. Maddening isn't it? Makes you feel like a complete idiot when you know you have the intelligence to understand all this stuff but your brain will not co-operate. :ph34r:

Oh, okay, so you brush your teeth in the shower. Not weird. I think lots of people do that. Hey, I had a friend who used to brush hers while she was in bed watching TV --- now THAT'S weird! I get way too messy to do it that way. :lol:

Chalk up 2 for our side with the non dairy gluten-free creamer! AND #3 for no gerd! Hey girl, you're on a roll now!

The thing about pet food & ESPECIALLY with cats is that pets lick us, pets lick themselves & we pet them, pets (dogs) can drool on us. Pets eating gluten food have gluten mouth & gluten saliva. Now if your cat has gluten mouth & then cleans itself the entire cat is a walking gluten fur ball. You touch then don't IMMEDIATELY wash your hands & eventually it can get from hands to mouth. You see?

Here's the doctor thread:
http://www.celiac.co...isease-doctors/

Just Google "grain free cat foods" & you'll come up with a plethora of foods to choose from.

Well, one day you will feel confident enough to go to an event like last night & feel comfortable. But that's fine if it's too soon for you yet. You'll get there. I have faith in you. When you're ready.....

Gluten free Dec. 2011
Soy free Dec. 2011

Summer 2013 We both have added back a little soy which is near unavoidable & we are doing okay with that small amount.

#21 Darkfire Ann

Darkfire Ann

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:17 PM

Ok I do typically use EVO, Blue Mountain, and Wellness brands for our Cats so I was using grain free cat foods, but Iams is kinda crap so no more of that. thanks for the doctor thread I am not sure what I want to say yet. Gonna think on that. Thank you again. You are a the biggest blessing to me, thank you. Ditto on the messy tooth brushing...we use a tongue cleaner too...I could not imagine doing that in bed lol.

#22 squirmingitch

squirmingitch

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:05 PM

Ohhhhhhhhhhh, tongue cleaners!!!!!! They are FABULOUS aren't they? I mean they're kinda gross but a wonderful tool! No more waking up with morning breath when you use one of those. You can wake up, roll over & kiss w/o even having to hold your breath.

No thanks needed dear girl but certainly appreciated. Others did for me what I'm trying to do for you. Maybe someday you'll pay it forward.

You can use the search box for the forum in the doc thread to see if there are already postings in your area. Go ahead & think about what you want to say on it --- no problems with that. :)

Gluten free Dec. 2011
Soy free Dec. 2011

#23 Darkfire Ann

Darkfire Ann

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:54 PM

The best thing is NO plaque on my tongue bar. See before we did that no amount of brushing kept my tongue bar clean. I had to remove the piercing and soak it. Now when I clean the steel it doesn't look like it has a tarter problem. Also no more fuzzy teeth. Who knew just cleaning your tongue would do all that.

I still am not sure what to say I am having this weird no scratch but my hands are weeping thing kinda distracted. I think they are healing for real. Lots of things seem to be changing just by stopping dairy so much not even totally dairy free yet....I also don't want to break another doctor in...I have to steel my nerves to start down this road ...again.

I will pay it forward.....in any way I can....

#24 squirmingitch

squirmingitch

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:58 AM

Sounds like some progress is happening. Let's hope it continues.

HATE the breaking in a new doc!!!!!!

Gluten free Dec. 2011
Soy free Dec. 2011

#25 Darkfire Ann

Darkfire Ann

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:36 AM

I am also one that lost much of her enamel. The Dentist told me my GI doc was a nut case he could tell I had Celiac just by my enamel. I had no cavities ever until I got two. Still good teeth but my enamel is shot and to him that was the big clue. I have icky stains but they are harmless just ugly. The baking soda works good and contrary to belief it isn't going to destroy your enamel it is actually helping me. As the toothpaste kept my mouth contaminated constantly. I also do not have DH in or around my mouth.

#26 sisterlynr

sisterlynr

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:48 AM

My iron is so low I was having cramps that contorted my legs. I woke up screaming one morning. The roundish rash on my right hand came from me biting myself to stop from screaming long enough to tell the husband to get me hot water, Epsom salts, towels and the tablet so I could Google I kept the left veggie drawer from my fridge by the bed with cool Epsom salt water for days and one day decided to sit on the freaking towel because NOTHING would stop the itch on my legs and butt. It freakin' works OMG.....downside. Dries the crap out of u and makes it worse later on. I have no tub either. But I would sit in a bucket if I thought it would help. I got so angry at the rash on my scalp I took the salt scrub I made and dumped it over my head. It broke the rash on my head. It hasn't come back but the pain nearly made me faint so I do not think I could do it elsewhere on me. I am using Aquaphor and Eucercin Intensive Repair and Moisturel w/ menthol right now. Vinegar dousing and a cool fan works for me sometimes but again the drying is bad. But I get some sleep. The derm said wait and see, they are better. The Hibiclins is working and the poison ivy treatment dried it out but hurt like a mofo. I am CCing, not sure from what. I have to go slow on what I am taking out of my diet and meds, too much at once is just having me chase my tail.

I am allergic to Sulfa drugs. Bactrim DS almost killed me. I am taking a HUGE risk taking a sulfone drug like Dapsone. But as one molecule can make air or a bomb....one molecule may be enough to allow me to continue with the Dapsone.

I can feel your itch, sting and burn! I posted some pics on the site for photos. Covered on my head, face, arms, knees, R foot, buttocks and total back. I did sit in an Epson salt bath with some relief. Oddly enough, I have used extra strength Prep H on my buttocks and other private area and it did relieve the itch. I actually used a tanning booth a couple of weeks ago. I did not have an adverse reaction and some lesions seem to heal. I used a stand up booth for 5 minutes. I am scheduled to see a dermatologist at the university and he is planning to use light therapy on me. The doctor tells me it is very soothing to the DH rash, we'll see in February.

Misdiagnosed DH symptoms for 30 years in the form of blisters on shoulders, scalp, sole of foot and lower back.
Type II Diabetes 1995  /   Fatty liver biopsy 2001  ~ Diagnosed with NH Lymphoma in 2007 metastasized to bones & Stage IV by 2008 Chemotherapy in 2008 ~ Breakout of rash from scalp to sole of feet. February 28, 2012 until present
Iron deficiency anemia - July of 2012  /  
Osteoarthritis. September 2012  2012 Rash was diagnosed as Eczema, Grover's Disease, Folliculitis per biopsies of the lesions. September 2012   Started Dapsone and Gluten-Free diet on October 20, 2012 ~ Diag DH 2012.  Not taking Dapsone due to sulfa reaction.  Biopsy in July 2013 indicates Lupus but my doctors do not agree on cause of rash for various reasons.  

~Lyn~

#27 sisterlynr

sisterlynr

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:06 AM

I am 100MG a day. I am really scared right now it looks like four or five are wounds like infected. I am calling the derm tomorrow but i'm kinda freaked out right now. My first Dapsone dose was Nov. 27th 2012, 25MG I titered up to 100MG. This rash started in August, My right hand, the one pictured was clear on Sept. 27th. I have a nail polish picture of my clear hand. I am really bad. I might end up in the hospital, I cannot really show the extent of the rash as the pictures show nudity. My face has healed. Most of my scalp has healed. Some between and under my breasts have healed. By healed I mean they are scarred or hyper-pigmented. BUT healed. Sadly I am now dealing with another secondary infection. I had a double ear infection (first time in my life) then a left ear infection. I've done a course of Keflex and two courses of Doryx since September. Now....I assume I'll be back on Doryx with the Dapsone. I know a lot of people forgo Dapsone but I look at their pictures and pray I looked like that. I would turn it down too. But I have more than 50% coverage of my body. They can't find a GOOD spot to try and do a clean IFA biopsy though they want to try again. AND I am still reacting. We had to degluten the house again and I've been exposed several times. So I am still looking at days of reactions to come. But if you mean all the posts I made gosh I've done more hours of research on Celiac and DH than most Celiac trained doctors and osteopaths. It's kinda hard to put it all down, unless I am responding to something.

Here are what we think are the infected spots. This is as of Dec 11,2012. I have them covered. I use raw honey on these type of wounds with a surgeon and two derms ok. I cannot use Cleocin Liquid anymore nor neosporin so I started using honey with my doctor's approval.

Posted Image

I think you need to give the Dapsone some more time. I started it on Oct 20, 2012 and this is what my rash looked like then.

http://i1323.photobu...derashclose.jpg

I was covered with this scalp to bottom of R foot. I posted to a couple of your posts and am losing track of where I posted. LOL

Hang in there. Someone suggested to me that I could have Staph or MRSA but my doctor disagreed. I have applied Bacitracin to the lesions to help in healing. I am healing and now just have a few spots that are still red. Most of my skin is turning the dark purple/red that goes with scarring. I sure feel for you!

Misdiagnosed DH symptoms for 30 years in the form of blisters on shoulders, scalp, sole of foot and lower back.
Type II Diabetes 1995  /   Fatty liver biopsy 2001  ~ Diagnosed with NH Lymphoma in 2007 metastasized to bones & Stage IV by 2008 Chemotherapy in 2008 ~ Breakout of rash from scalp to sole of feet. February 28, 2012 until present
Iron deficiency anemia - July of 2012  /  
Osteoarthritis. September 2012  2012 Rash was diagnosed as Eczema, Grover's Disease, Folliculitis per biopsies of the lesions. September 2012   Started Dapsone and Gluten-Free diet on October 20, 2012 ~ Diag DH 2012.  Not taking Dapsone due to sulfa reaction.  Biopsy in July 2013 indicates Lupus but my doctors do not agree on cause of rash for various reasons.  

~Lyn~

#28 squirmingitch

squirmingitch

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:43 PM

sisterlynr, I hope you will let us know how the light therapy turns out! That could be something we all could use if it proves to be of value.

When you used the tanning booth ---- do you attribute any healing to the use of the booth or to Dapsone or can you say definitively? And since I'm not up on the latest with tanning booths these days -- I may be asking a dumb question here ---- was the one you used using UVA or UVB light or both?

Gluten free Dec. 2011
Soy free Dec. 2011

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: