Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Burning Lips!

5 posts in this topic

Just wondering if anyone here has had burning lips? is it a symptom of gluten intolerance? wheat allergy?

I do have an appointment coming up and am getting allergy testing done along with B12.

Ads by Google:

Yes, I had burning lips, mouth, throat and GI tract for 3 years. It was horrible.

No one could explain it to me.

It was an inflammatory response apparently, because some time after going gluten-free after DX, it stopped.

Are they just burning, or actually infected? Could be perioral dematitis. If it is, an antibiotic will clear it up.

sorry, I should have been more clear...no signs of infections,no sores, no cold sores...I wonder if it's a B12 deficiency or an allergic reaction? will find out my B12 results next week and now I have a referral to an allergist..I was told the office would call me to set up the appointment...whenever/whatever I find out is the cause, I will post back and hopefully will help someone else who might have this symptom!

it feels like I ate something hot/spicy and it got on my lips.

I thought it was a B-12 deficiency too, but I was treated for that and it still burned. I had all kinds of allergy testing--nothing there.

It was crazy. I heard all kinds of theories: yeast infection, menopause, vits defs, etc etc. Nope.

Eventually, it stopped, but it sizzled pretty good for a long time....and yes, just like I had eaten and swallowed something hot and spicy.

I could not tolerate acidic foods for a long, long time.

Now, it's all gone. YAAY!

Hang in there--I hope you get answers --and some relief soon.