Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

How Long To Feel Better After Iron Vi Infusion?

• Please log in to reply

2 replies to this topic

#1 Panda123

Panda123

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:23 PM

I had one today about 8 hours ago and thankfully no bad reactions to it. It went smoothly. However, the only symptom i have of celiac disease (and that led to my diagnosis) was anemia / low iron. I was really hoping for some improvements after my infusion. Some of the symptoms i have are slight yellowing of the whites of eyes (no yellow skin), cold hands / feet, light headedness, pale skin.

I know it sounds a bit impatient of me but i've lived with these symptoms for over six years and was thinking of the infusion as an overnight solution but so far I don't feel one bit different. So my question is how long woudl it take for those symptoms to go away?

Thanks for reading!

EDIT: I meant to type IV in the title, not Vi

Edited by Panda123, 10 December 2012 - 07:36 PM.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,115 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:32 PM

It takes a while to " grow" new red blood cells. You make about 1/120 of your total red blood cells each day. They live about 120 days. You need B12 to help you use the iron to make healthy blood cells. Either get a shot or get some sublingual ( bypasses your messed up intestines).

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 Panda123

Panda123

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:52 PM

It takes a while to " grow" new red blood cells. You make about 1/120 of your total red blood cells each day. They live about 120 days. You need B12 to help you use the iron to make healthy blood cells. Either get a shot or get some sublingual ( bypasses your messed up intestines).

Thanks for your reply. My B12 levels are in the normal range so thankfully, nothing to worry about it there.

Two days in now and woke up today feeling absoluetly exhausted. I'm pretty sure it wasn't the drugs that they give me prior to the infusion because I was totally fine the last two days. It's almost as if I have a flu / fever. Anyone else experience this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: