16 replies to this topic

#16 pretty in paleo

pretty in paleo

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:51 PM

LOL I'm "manly" and ignore the symptoms until a while after I should have gone to the hospital. LOL I ignored celiac for 30+ years.

I don't think acquiring an AI disease has to do with being highstrung. I've been called laid back to a fault so I know it's not the case for me, although I wouldn't doubt that a stressed person would end up with more symptoms.

I've read that they are looking into the link between the differences in our sex hormones. For some women, AI disease symptoms lessen after menopause because we have less hormones.

I used to ignore my symptoms when I was in middle school/high school (I'm in college now)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 pretty in paleo

pretty in paleo

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:03 PM

Well, I am a male. Since I have been going through a possible diagnosis I have talked to several friends about it and the surprising consensus among my male friends is that they all have pains that come and go and they just ignore, a few of them even have daily pains. I might be diagnosed although I have no symptoms of celiac, my way of thinking is treat it before it becomes symptomatic and problematic, my male friends all say the same thing "I would keep eating gluten until I was horribly sick and couldn't". My female friends are much more supportive of treating it before it becomes a problem. Once again you can't just simply group it as men do this and women do that but I do feel that men are more likely to ignore pains.

A possible dx of gluten sensitivity you mean? Yea I have had people (mostly guys) tell me, "Well if I was you I would still eat whatever I wanted LOL"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: