1 reply to this topic

#1 dprice81

dprice81

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:54 AM

ive been trying a high natural fat and animal protein because ive heard people with food intolerances heal themselves by eating this way over a year or two. It seems too good to be true with both SCD and GAPS diets. I tried megabombing my gut with coconut oil etc but it wasnt helping my stomach and my energy levels were way down low, been very lethargic, lacking life, depressed etc so this high fat high protein low carb thing isnt working for me for whatever reason.

I have some tapioca flour and it has 42g for 1/2 cup of it which is fantastic. I found a simple recipe that has equal parts coconut milk plus tapioca flour plus one egg which makes a nice thin pancake aka crepe.. But if I want to temporary eliminate eggs because of a possible high thiol or a possible soy intolerance (almost all chickens are fed some kind of soy), What can I do with the Tapioca flour? Can I make something relatively easy without the egg? Can I just mix the coconut milk with the flour or maybe with just water?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 irish daveyboy

irish daveyboy

The Irish Coeliac

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:08 AM

ive been trying a high natural fat and animal protein because ive heard people with food intolerances heal themselves by eating this way over a year or two. It seems too good to be true with both SCD and GAPS diets. I tried megabombing my gut with coconut oil etc but it wasnt helping my stomach and my energy levels were way down low, been very lethargic, lacking life, depressed etc so this high fat high protein low carb thing isnt working for me for whatever reason.

I have some tapioca flour and it has 42g for 1/2 cup of it which is fantastic. I found a simple recipe that has equal parts coconut milk plus tapioca flour plus one egg which makes a nice thin pancake aka crepe.. But if I want to temporary eliminate eggs because of a possible high thiol or a possible soy intolerance (almost all chickens are fed some kind of soy), What can I do with the Tapioca flour? Can I make something relatively easy without the egg? Can I just mix the coconut milk with the flour or maybe with just water?

You might try this recipe using free range or organic eggs.
Click link then choose recipe for BCB's (Brazillian Cheese Breads)

http://livaad.nl/Livaadengels.htm
Chronically Ill and lost 56lbs in 3 Months Prior to Diagnosis.
Diagnosed in Nov 2005 after Biopsy and Blood Tests
Cannot tolerate Codex Wheat Starch.
Self Taught Baker.
Bake everything from scratch using naturally gluten-free ingredients.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: