Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Results....

88 posts in this topic

So, I started my new meds today and after about an hour, my heart was pounding so hard and fast I thought it was going to burst out of my chest, that's in addition to the same GI side effects as the other one. I'm going in today for my thyroid tests and am going to stop by my endo's to tell her and see what she says. Looks like surgery may very well be in the future for me. Shiza.

Ads by Google:

So, the Endo has taken me off of the prolactin meds, and I have a surgery consult in about 2 weeks. So I guess I'll going under the knife sometime this year. Wooo.

Sorry you are going through this. I hope you get news on the surgery soon. I remember reading somewhere that celiacs can respond differently to meds, something to do with absorbtion. Maybe someone here might have some information or guidance.

Some days I wish all you guys lived around the corner so we could help each other out and pop by for coffee.

Hugs Mw x

So, I started my new meds today and after about an hour, my heart was pounding so hard and fast I thought it was going to burst out of my chest, that's in addition to the same GI side effects as the other one. I'm going in today for my thyroid tests and am going to stop by my endo's to tell her and see what she says. Looks like surgery may very well be in the future for me. Shiza.

Dearest Kristen,

I am SO sorry the meds didn't agree with you. I know how frightening this is. Please remember that you are in the hearts and prayers of everyone in your forum family and everyone who knows you. I still believe with all my heart that 2013 is going to be a good year for all  (hear that Universe?) of us. So please hang in there and remember you're not alone (You either dear Rach).

Sending you extra love, healing hugs, positive energy, and prayers,

Loey

Sorry you are going through this. I hope you get news on the surgery soon. I remember reading somewhere that celiacs can respond differently to meds, something to do with absorbtion. Maybe someone here might have some information or guidance.

Some days I wish all you guys lived around the corner so we could help each other out and pop by for coffee.

Hugs Mw x

Boy do I ever agree hugs, healing, coffee and  gluten-free cookies!

Just checking in to see how you're doing. I hope you're feeling better. Continuing to keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

Love & Healing Hugs,

Loey

Thanks, I'm okay. I break down day to day, mainly because I'm just SO tired of being in pain and not having a life because of it. I Just want to feel and be a normal 26 year old, single girl. >.<

I have my surgical consultation on April 3rd, so hoping we will know after that when we can expect the surgery to happen if the neurosurgeon says he feels confident in being able to remove the tumor. If he can't remove it, or can't get all of it, the next step would be radiation. *crosses fingers that won't be the case* 

I will say extra prayers that day (I pray for you daily) that whatever the next step is will be the safest  and most medically sound option. Please know you are not alone and that this forum is a pretty amazing family. I don't know what I'd do without all the wonderful folks here giving love, info and constant support.

Sending lots of positive energy, healing (((hugs))) & love,

Loey

I will say extra prayers that day (I pray for you daily) that whatever the next step is will be the safest  and most medically sound option. Please know you are not alone and that this forum is a pretty amazing family. I don't know what I'd do without all the wonderful folks here giving love, info and constant support.

Loey

Well said....you remain in my daily prayers...

Big HUG :)

Loey

Yes! What Loey said so perfectly--sent from me , too! 

hugs, IH

So! Just got home from my surgery consult and they are getting me in on Tuesday for the surgery! Holy crap!! Freaking out!!

So! Just got home from my surgery consult and they are getting me in on Tuesday for the surgery! Holy crap!! Freaking out!!

Well...that was quick!  Maybe this will help? 

Get your laundry and bills caught up and get this taken care of!  I will be thinking of you.

All the very best for surgery, I will be thinking of you Tuesday x

All positive thoughts sent your way!! 

Sending positive thoughts, constant prayers and healing (((hugs))). We'll all be thinking of you and love you dearly!!!!

Loey

Thanks guys! Check in is at 11:30am tomorrow! I'm going to be bringing my laptop with me so I can post on here afterwards :)

Thanks guys! Check in is at 11:30am tomorrow! I'm going to be bringing my laptop with me so I can post on here afterwards :)

I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers every minute today!

Sending you positive energy, healing (((hugs)) and lots of love,

Loey

Just saw your status update.

Early days, look after yourself.

Massive best wishes for fast healing and fantastic outcomes

Mw x

Saw you status to about looking like you were beat up.  Feel better soon!

So, I'm back home from the hospital. The surgeon was able to get all of the tumor, despite my unusual amount of blood which made it harder to see. He was able to preserve about 80% of my gland and my prolactin went from a level of 60 (three times the normal) and down to 2! I look pretty beat up right now. Bruises under my eyes and the surgeon got a few chunks of my nose off (which I'm REALLY pissed about and hoping it heals back okay). I'm still heavily medicated as I am having a hard time with the post surgical pain and nausea. Nose keeps bleeding like CRAZY when I bend forward slightly and insanely congested with icky blood clots, but I'm hanging in there. Thank you ALL for all the well wishes and being there for me. It has meant more than you will ever know to me :) 

<3

That is such good news, that he got the entire tumor, but I am sorry :(  he had to beat you up a little bit to get there.  Hang in there - it can only get better and better from now on :)   And no forward-bending!!!

And get lots of rest and make people do things for you.

Wish I didn't live across the country! So glad they got it all. I hope you have someone taking care of you. Continuing to keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Sending extra healing (((hugs))) and lots of love,  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Loey

P.S. you're still adorable no matter what they did to your nose. Noses are fixable. Thank God they go the whole tumor!!!!