87 replies to this topic

#46 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:43 AM

I will keep my fingers crossed for you :)

Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#47 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:35 AM

Shroomie is right...keep trying things that are already broken down -- applesauce and smoothies...I put everything in the blender for a very long time -- here is a good giggle to go along with your smoothies...

And if mashed potato failed...try mashed sweet potato!

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#48 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:39 AM

Peanut butter?

If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

#49 kristenloeh

kristenloeh

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:05 PM

I talked to my Endo today and they are putting me on a different medication for the tumor since the Cabergoline is making me really sick. I start it today and if it makes me sick as well, then the next step will probably be surgery.

Diagnosed Celiac 04.2012
Gluten-Free 04.2012

Diagnosed Pituitary Prolactinoma 12.2012

Low Cortisol/Possible Addison's Disease 02.2013

Maybe one day I will feel "normal" again. <3

#50 Celiac Ninja

Celiac Ninja

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:45 PM

I' so sorry you have to go through this, I wil totaly pray for you. My bio dad had a brain tumor too, had brain surgery, didn't look so good when he came out, kinda made me queezy to see the pictures of his bandaged head BUT he is better and eating healthy and doing iron man stuff! I am going to pray you make it through with flying colors!

#51 kristenloeh

kristenloeh

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:55 AM

So, I started my new meds today and after about an hour, my heart was pounding so hard and fast I thought it was going to burst out of my chest, that's in addition to the same GI side effects as the other one. I'm going in today for my thyroid tests and am going to stop by my endo's to tell her and see what she says. Looks like surgery may very well be in the future for me. Shiza.

Diagnosed Celiac 04.2012
Gluten-Free 04.2012

#52 kristenloeh

kristenloeh

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:20 AM

So, the Endo has taken me off of the prolactin meds, and I have a surgery consult in about 2 weeks. So I guess I'll going under the knife sometime this year. Wooo.

Diagnosed Celiac 04.2012
Gluten-Free 04.2012

#53 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:02 PM

Sorry you are going through this. I hope you get news on the surgery soon. I remember reading somewhere that celiacs can respond differently to meds, something to do with absorbtion. Maybe someone here might have some information or guidance.

Some days I wish all you guys lived around the corner so we could help each other out and pop by for coffee.

Hugs Mw x
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#54 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:41 PM

So, I started my new meds today and after about an hour, my heart was pounding so hard and fast I thought it was going to burst out of my chest, that's in addition to the same GI side effects as the other one. I'm going in today for my thyroid tests and am going to stop by my endo's to tell her and see what she says. Looks like surgery may very well be in the future for me. Shiza.

Dearest Kristen,

I am SO sorry the meds didn't agree with you. I know how frightening this is. Please remember that you are in the hearts and prayers of everyone in your forum family and everyone who knows you. I still believe with all my heart that 2013 is going to be a good year for all  (hear that Universe?) of us. So please hang in there and remember you're not alone (You either dear Rach).

Sending you extra love, healing hugs, positive energy, and prayers,

Loey

#55 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:42 PM

Sorry you are going through this. I hope you get news on the surgery soon. I remember reading somewhere that celiacs can respond differently to meds, something to do with absorbtion. Maybe someone here might have some information or guidance.

Some days I wish all you guys lived around the corner so we could help each other out and pop by for coffee.

Hugs Mw x

Boy do I ever agree hugs, healing, coffee and  gluten-free cookies!

#56 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:50 AM

Just checking in to see how you're doing. I hope you're feeling better. Continuing to keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

Love & Healing Hugs,

Loey

#57 kristenloeh

kristenloeh

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:43 AM

Thanks, I'm okay. I break down day to day, mainly because I'm just SO tired of being in pain and not having a life because of it. I Just want to feel and be a normal 26 year old, single girl. >.<

Diagnosed Celiac 04.2012
Gluten-Free 04.2012

#58 kristenloeh

kristenloeh

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:01 AM

I have my surgical consultation on April 3rd, so hoping we will know after that when we can expect the surgery to happen if the neurosurgeon says he feels confident in being able to remove the tumor. If he can't remove it, or can't get all of it, the next step would be radiation. *crosses fingers that won't be the case* 

Diagnosed Celiac 04.2012
Gluten-Free 04.2012

#59 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:43 AM

I will say extra prayers that day (I pray for you daily) that whatever the next step is will be the safest  and most medically sound option. Please know you are not alone and that this forum is a pretty amazing family. I don't know what I'd do without all the wonderful folks here giving love, info and constant support.

Sending lots of positive energy, healing (((hugs))) & love,

Loey

#60 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:56 AM

I will say extra prayers that day (I pray for you daily) that whatever the next step is will be the safest  and most medically sound option. Please know you are not alone and that this forum is a pretty amazing family. I don't know what I'd do without all the wonderful folks here giving love, info and constant support.

Sending lots of positive energy, healing (((hugs))) & love,

Loey

Well said....you remain in my daily prayers...

Big HUG :)

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: